Wheeling Gull Isle I remember the sound of the wind as I was falling asleep.
42 Posts
Ooc — Nukilik
Trade 
setting: midday; tide pools

It was colder upon the island than she was used to. The trees afforded some cover, though the shadows they netted did not ward off the chill. She had spent a few hours speaking with Hua and playing catch-up before seeking out a moment of time alone; within that, she sank in to herself, feeling many things.

The sound of braying voices caught her attention eventually. They were not of the island - loud though, carrying across the still water as the tide rolled in. It was a familiar chorus further north and something Nukilik had not heard in some time: haunting loon song, carrying in to the unknown.

She drifted among the pools and listened until they calmed, and then began to investigate what bounties might be trapped in some.
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
salt and seaspray sticks in his fur, kicked up by the wind. yunxu combs it from one shoulder with his tongue. he is not hungry enough yet to bother with the bellowing seals somewhere across the water, at least not on his own. he keeps one eye out for aimi or huā, with some vague thought of extending an invitation, as he steps carefully over the tidepools, peering down into the water.

the water is colder than he is used to, the damp sand icy on his paws – there is a chill in the air now that yunxu has never felt on the southern shore. winter will be much harsher here than it was at the lagoon. he already dreads the idea.

a tiny fish darts away from his shadow. a crab scuttles out over the rocks and yunxu follows it a moment, long enough that his attention is drawn by another wolf instead.

she does not look familiar, or indeed like any of his family. part of him is tempted to ignore her and let them both go about their business without any awkward conversation. the other part is aware that passing her in silence will likely be more awkward in the long run.

so yunxu clears his throat, taking a moment to shift back to english. “hello,” he offers, ducking his head politely as he approaches and gesturing with his muzzle to the tide pool before her. “is there something you look for?”
sequoia coast
english | mandarin
42 Posts
Ooc — Nukilik
Most of what she found was useless; an array of tiny mollusks she could not pry free at the angle they sat, these tiny domes filled with dollops of muscle not worth the effort. A few larger shells in the deeper pools—one she overturned, startled backwards when small crabs scuttled out and in to the wet sand for shelter.

A dark shape drifted closer. Nukilik was flustered already and when she noticed the stranger her eyes averted, her heart hammering. They spoke and all she heard was the pounding of her heart in her ears; then the question, a bit clearer.

Yes, well... Trying, she stammers a bit. Shells for Hua as a gift, or pretty sea stones. I have been away from her a while and I want to say I am sorry... Oh, but she was rambling. Foolish girl, letting her thoughts spill like this.