Silverlight Terrace run, boy, run.
27 Posts
Ooc — Kyzy
Within the confinements of their den, Akai’s ears had been pricked since the beginning; a clash of screaming and howling, somewhere near the mossy earthen home they had made. Within a flash the white wolf was upon his feet with a brown nose tipped to the sky, sniffing out the threads of blood spilled cascading through the charging currents of wind… it was not his place to interfere with the internal affairs of others; but he could not let this violents stray wayward into the children. Whether it be males fighting for scraps or two pack members rioting over territory, Akai simply would not put his new found family at risk… not for the world.

“Kali, Minah. Stay here.” Spoken tensely with the fur at the back of his neck standing up-- the male did not look back. “Do not get involved.”

And, with his form kept low to the ground, Akai skulked off with all the speed and prowess of a hunting cat.

He knew he would not have to venture far. These parameters were as familiar as the back of his paw, and each duck or slink through the dense forestry was efficient and quick, as if there was a secret path held there for his eyes only. The closer he came the stronger the metallic twang of the air became, so stifling that it instinctively drew that scarred muzzle back over long fangs-- what on earth was going on here? Some-- some child screaming, a large creature atop him with his fangs against the poor things bones--

‘YOU SHOULDA-- YOU SHOULD'VE FUCKEN' KILLED ME WHEN-- BEFORE I DREW MY FIRST BREATH! -- NOW ALEITH IS DEAD AND YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT SHE FELL TO MY FANGS!’

The words did not shake him as much as the tenacity they were spoken with did. This scene before him… it was filled with depravity. It was watching a worm struggle against the beak of a bird, watching the fish writhe beneath the claws of a fox, and he could not let it be. What if that boy there was one of his girls? What was he to do, stand there and allow the frothing adult to rid this child of his life!? Without warning, bursting from the bush without a single warning, Hrath watched a flash of white in his peripheral vision draw suddenly close--

With a single solid rip, Akai took the strangers ear in his fang and spat it to the ground.
Immediately the black-pelted stranger let go of his child to stagger backwards, Keir’s claws against his belly having raked red bleeding lines at his inner thighs. Though breathless he continued to speak, no, scream,

“HOW DARE YOU!? MY EAR," Voice cracking, his own blood now wetting his face, "HE’S DEAD!! HE’S DEAD, AND YOU NEXT!!” 

Standing motionless before Keir with the wind tussling his pelt, from on high a golden eye loped downwards to take in the boys appearance… before his head was turned away, ears erect, tail high. He did not speak. Akai unblinkingly stared at the aggressor who was pacing forward, limping forward--

GET UP KEIR AND FACE YOUR DESTINY!!”

The white wolf’s eyes thinned before he slowly drew himself to stand before the fallen child, blocking him from the wild fathers view, with that same radiant calmness as ever. No voice of the maddened would shake his soul, no bloody-mouthed fiend would cause him to tremble. Hrath was in disbelief at the audacity of this creature, a stranger risking his life for his s-- for that demon bedraggled on the floor?! Blood filled the whites of Hrath’s eyes, the male began shaking uncontrollably as drool oozed betwixt his teeth,

“Fine, FINE!! I’ll kill YOU FIRST!!”
Messages In This Thread
run, boy, run. - by Akai - November 18, 2020, 09:49 PM
RE: run, boy, run. - by Keir - November 18, 2020, 10:20 PM
RE: run, boy, run. - by Akai - November 18, 2020, 10:40 PM
RE: run, boy, run. - by Keir - November 20, 2020, 09:37 PM
RE: run, boy, run. - by Akai - November 21, 2020, 08:50 PM
RE: run, boy, run. - by Keir - November 22, 2020, 12:42 AM
RE: run, boy, run. - by Akai - November 22, 2020, 09:48 PM
RE: run, boy, run. - by Kali - November 22, 2020, 10:35 PM
RE: run, boy, run. - by Minah - November 24, 2020, 06:47 PM
RE: run, boy, run. - by Keir - December 02, 2020, 12:12 AM