Nimbus Summit and that hell had carved its name on his bones.
11 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Distracted as he was by Nyra, and his joy at discovering that Kynareth was still alive, the Sergeant unfortunately was paying little attention to Vein -- assuming that the man would just bandage the wound and let him be. It really wasn't so worrisome, mostly scarred over by now with a fissure splitting the layer of tissue where he'd torn it open. 

"Of course, jefa," Matias agreed readily, appreciative of the weight the title she held carried, with a respectful nod of his head. He turned then to Vein, lips parting to ask the man if he was ready to go -- seeing as he was at a loss of what the shaman was doing, the plants and tools he tinkered about with. 

He stilled at the medicine man's command, brow rumpling in confusion. He was just about to ask Vein what he was doing, when the imbecile ripped his fucking wound back open. 

The soldier was on his feet in an instant, chest heaving as an enraged snarl flew from his lips with thunderous volume -- like the storm that had birthed him. The only reason he did not attack was because this man had admitted to being one of Nyra's -- Kynareth's too -- which made him an ally. Besides, it would be best not to rip one of his hermano's healers limb from limb and risk ruining his chances of reuniting with Kyn. 

Still, even with only a basic understanding of medicine -- he knew that it made absolutely no sense for Vein to rip open a healing wound, to tear away perfectly healthy tissue and leave an even bigger injury than before. All for the sake of treating an infection that Matias didn't even have. Nor was he too happy about the man taking liberties with his bodyIt immediately dampened his opinion of the so-called healer and he let him know it with impunity, his patience worn thin with the man who had refused to listen to his patient. 

"You will not touch me," he growled lowly, shoving away the leaves and herbs the man intended to paste to his wound. "I will find a real healer to tend to the mess you have made of my wound myself." 

He pulled back from the man's personal space -- gold champagne eyes warning him to stay well away from Matias if he wanted his face to remain attached to his skull. Then, he gave the reopened wound a quick rasp to clean away the new volume of blood pooling in the damaged flesh before he returned his softened features to Nyra -- not upset with her in the slightest. 

"Please," he implored wearily, a rare thing for the proud man, "I have traveled far and wide searching for mi amigo. I just want to see Kynareth." 

'Get me away from this lunatic!' his silver eyes seemed to beg silently as he waited -- either for one of them to react aggressively in return or for the Phoenix to lead him to his long-lost friend. 

sorry about Matias but as ever, IC does not = OOC. <3 This would be a natural reaction for him and I'm a bit uncomfortable with all the pp going on. It's all good though!
"Doubt thou the stars are fire; doubt that the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar; but never doubt I love.
Messages In This Thread
and that hell had carved its name on his bones. - by Matias - February 04, 2021, 04:17 PM
RE: and that hell had carved its name on his bones. - by Matias - February 09, 2021, 07:04 AM