Emberwood even though i can't forget you, i really want to.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Though daylight had long ago entered the Wilds, it was naptime for the Blackthorn. A dream was playing through the girl's head as she slept. One that involved a shining silver river that was jumping and alive with fish. It was so full that Finley could run along their backs, chasing those that leaped up into the air, snapping her jaws and laughing from the fun of it. Suddenly, one of the fish grew to the same size as Fin and turned to her, it's wide fishy mouth opening and closing invitingly. In true Finley nature, she didn't even hesitate to dive right in as it opened it's mouth wide enough to swallow her whole.

The silver mockingbird's eyes popped open suddenly. She blinked into the sunlight, confusion on her face for light was certainly not what she had expected of the fish's belly. Nor had she expected that it would be full of... geese.

Fin lifted her head slowly to look around at the huge flock that surrounded her. For a moment, she thought that she was still sleeping, but a tug at the end of her tail told her otherwise. She turned to peer at the goose as it's black beak nipped and tugged at her tail. Wha--hey! she barked at it as her mind caught up to her, Quit that. I'm not dead! The feathered creature gave her a look and waddled off, leaving Fin frowning off after it.

The girl looked around, wondering when all of the geese had decided to gather around. In the distance loomed the aspen forest off on the other side of the lake she had decided to nap beside. It seemed that everywhere that wasn't covered in tree or lake was spotted with the damn birds. Fin yawned and shook her head. She was probably going to need to take the opportunity to kill a few and drag them back to the Plateau, but for the moment, she had some more waking up to do yet.

<i>why did she leave wonderland</i>
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
The Welsh she-wolf had settled into the Bypass and was now set out to do some exploring. Crëyr had been travelling for about seven days, seeking comfort in the beauty of nature, occasionally nipping at leaves and plump red berries.

She'd never ate one, though. They were too sour for her taste.

Crëyr padded down the and rows and rows of aspen trees, brilliantly colored Autumn leaves dominating the entire of the trees' branches. She was a dark spot amongst a lively sea of yellow and orange.

As she paused to stop at the side of a river to lap at some water, a bird's chorused singing echoing in her ears as she drank, something brought an unknown wolf's scent towards her nostrils. She raised her head from the water, withdrawing her reflection from the surface in the process.

Her avid blue eyes fixed at the spot where she was sure the smell had come from. Quickly, she raised herself up on her limbs and started gracefully towards that direction.

She had arrived just in time to see a plump goose nip at the end of a female wolf's tale with a black beak.

"Wha--hey! Quit that. I'm not dead!"

The situation was almost comical. Crëyr turned her head in the direction the brown-eyed female was looking at with her brow furrowed. Of course.

Yep. The flock of geese had overtook the entire of the area she was currently in. They were fluttering their wings, beady little eyes turning to stare straight at them. Crëyr almost laughed.

The blue-eyed wolf didn't really hesitate. Slowly she made her way towards the wolf, stopping at a respectable distance away.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

The birds meandered around as though there were no wolves in their presence--such was their confidence that they were safe amongst the predators. It irritated Finley, but didn't much surprise her. She knew geese to be vicious creatures, well capable of driving her kind off when they rallied together. At least, they were good at getting her the hell away, but that just flared her desire to prove herself against them at every opportunity.

The silver mockingbird growled at them softly whenever they came too close, and they responded by waddling right on past. Just you wait... she thought to herself as another yawn rocked her body. She was just trying to decide which one of the feathered fiends annoyed her the most (for that one would be her chosen target when she was ready to start spilling some blood) when the sound of heavier-than-a-duck's footsteps claimed her attention.

Fin turned to discover that the steps in question belong to a lithe female--obsidian and shale with patches upon her fur as though she were meticulously dipped in porcelain. No words were offered as the woman approached, but Fin could tell by her demeanor that she was searching for company. The Blackthorn could certainly appreciate that, considering the only other option for what seemed like miles was a crap ton of birds.

"You're the strangest-looking goose I ever did see," Fin said as the woman came to a stop, offering a grin to signify that she was joking.

</style>

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
woo the title of this thread. i got one less one less problemmmm

Words were offered the minute Crëyr paused in front of the wolf before her, the geese unyielding as she moved quickly and quietly. Shortly she decided they were interesting and were worth further investigation.

"You're the strangest-looking goose I ever did see."

Crëyr laughed at that, mirroring the she-wolf's actions. This wolf was slim, petite, her fur an intriguing mix of dark and light, the colors at play, forming harmonic bonds with each other. Her rich brown eyes, holding a touch of amusement, were fixed curiously on her face. Awaiting her reaction, maybe?

She grinned, her response forming at her mouth, then speaking with a faintly Welsh accent. "Well, I sure don't have a beak, feathers or webbed feet, do I?"
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Lol I get that song stuck in my head every time I go to this thread xD

Finley gave a grin at the response she received from the bi-colored she-wolf. She pulled herself up onto her haunches and gave her coat a good shake, dispelling the lethargy that remained from her goose-invaded nap. The feathered beasts still meandered around them, nibbling at grass, nibbling at each other, wriggling and nibbling in that silly way geese did. But for the moment, Fin was distracted by how bizarrely annoyed she got at these birds.

"You really don't," Fin replied with an appraising nod, "Which is good. I had those things once--it was a nightmare. Thank god I met that voodoo priest who removed them for me with his black magic mumbo jumbo." Her eyes sparkled with amusement, wondering momentarily if she would accidentally trick the poor girl into believing her.

</style>

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
really sorry for the late reply and the short response. i was kinda busy...

The petite she-wolf lifted her eyebrows in amusement at her companion's response, slightly surprised at that. Pleasantly surprised.

"Really..." She elongated her vowels as laughter sparkled in Crëyr's azure eyes. "How long did you have to waddle around with your goosey parts? Why was it not an enjoyable experience? I want to know."

Before another one of those birds could bother her any longer with their dreaded beaks, Crëyr shook her tail to alert and scare away the approaching geese.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

"Oh, way too long," Fin replied, "For about a year, actually. You have no idea how hard it is to run with webbed feet, and trying to take down prey was absolutely laughable when all you have is a beak." A mental image of herself in her wolf body, covered in feathers, with webbed feet instead of paws and a beak instead of a muzzle danced around in her mind. That would have been way creepy if what she was saying had actually been true.

"The feathers were alright, though," Fin admitted after a beat, giving her companion a sagely nod.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
sorry for the delay. forgot about this one! 3:

The petite Welsh wolfess canted her head in a birdlike manner, a playful smile gracing her features as the female before her spoke of her story. Truthfully, she found this more funny rather than ridiculous. Not missing a beat, she continued to play along. "I cannot imagine it. How did you hunt for your prey? How did you survive?" Crëyr grinned again. "People say curiosity is my besetting sin, but in these situations, they're not the worst."

"One last question. Did the geese mistake you for one of their own? It doesn't seem like it, judging by your previous behavior when you were around them." The lithe girl made no effort to stifle her laughter. "I'm Crëyr. Nice to meet a fellow goose fanatic, though I have my doubts."

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Lol no problem! We can probably finish up in a couple rounds :D

Fin felt a little overwhelmed as the woman continued their game, but only because her cleverness was really running quite dry. When she came to the end of her questionnaire and broke into a smile, the Blackthorn relaxed and shared the laughter with her.

"Finley," she responded with a smile, "Good to meet you too. And yeah, you should definitely have those doubts." The geese began squawking loudly at each other a few yards away, causing Fin to twitch slightly with growing irritation. "I really hate these fucking things..." she growled as she glared at the noisy bastards. She turned back to Crëyr after a second. "Wanna kill some of these bitches with me?"

</style>

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
last post from me? :)

The Welsh girl could see the wolfess' brain juice running dry, which was the result to her finishing up the game with a round of laughter. She was relieved when the she-wolf joined in with her, shortly sharing her name in response to hers.

Her name was Finley, and her features twisted into a snarl just as the geese started to make a racket, their squawking cutting through the normally peaceful air. Crëyr cringed, her ears being accustomed to the cool, soundless atmosphere which consisted with only the sound of rustling leaves and shifting branches.

Finley expressed her hatred for the geese, which later on turned into a request for, well, either murdering them or turning them into a meal. The grayscale female picked the second choice, as she wasn't exactly keen on killing things no matter how much they infuriated her. She was okay with it if that was Finley's choice, but she would always turn the geese into a meal and also save some for Finley if she wanted them.

She laughed. "Sounds good! It'll fill our stomachs and the sound'll be gone!"
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
"Ah, the two things I want more than anything else in the world right now," Fin replied with a grin. She waited for a few moments quietly as the geese took their lack of movement or noises to mean it was safe to return to tormenting them. After one such foolish bird began to nibble at the tip of Fin's tail (which she was flicking lightly to lure it in), she spun suddenly and sank her teeth right into its neck, nearly snapping it in half.

Fin let the carcass fall, shot another grin at her new friend, and the hunt began. The birds began to squawk in a frenzy, but at the end of the day, each wolf had a nice load of fresh meat to take home to their respective packs.