Whitefish River Flow with the river
32 Posts
Ooc — Amaguq
Amaguq wasn't surprised by the young wolf's ignorance. Only those who've walked the Northern Lands know about its creatures.
"I'll tell you about them, though it'll be your mind to draw their final picture. Polar bears are the biggest carnivores to walk the earth! They are... bears, just like the ones you may find here; only bigger, more aggressive, and covered by white fur. Their appetites are so voracious only the creatures of the sea can sate their hunger. And I do not speak of fish: I speak of sea mammals, huge animals full of blood and fat! The ice turns red every time they hunt!" He couldn't help but feel nostalgic as he spoke. "They are the apex of the North, the kings of that icy wasteland! We are to them what the foxes are to us wolves: small and insignificant." He paused, moving towards the river: he would gladly eat more fish. Why not giving it a try? He dipped his paw in the running water. "And the ox is a very peculiar beast." He tried to look focused on the river waters when actually his mind was busy looking for a reference he could use to describe the creature. "An ox is like... a bison. Smaller, with longer fur, bigger horns, and... their testicles smell like perfume!" He bit his tongue. It was the first word that came to mind to describe the scent of a muskox bull. Hard to believe, he knows. He didn't believe it at first when his cousin told him.
He remembers the first time he participated in an ox hunt: he was starving, but the first thing he did when the beast fell was to sniff its groin.
Good times...

Then, Amaguq's submerged toes began tickling. In a reflex, he pulled his paw out of the water. He almost snatched the fish! "Man, I can't believe it! Is this how it is?!" He turned his gleaming eye to Dash. "These fish must have a death wish! That slippery bastard was sucking my toes!" He laughed and then dipped his paw again. "Ah, next time, I get one!"
Messages In This Thread
Flow with the river - by Amaguq - March 10, 2021, 06:15 PM
RE: Flow with the river - by Dashiell - March 19, 2021, 09:35 AM
RE: Flow with the river - by Amaguq - March 20, 2021, 07:44 AM
RE: Flow with the river - by Dashiell - March 24, 2021, 03:23 PM
RE: Flow with the river - by Amaguq - March 26, 2021, 06:55 AM
RE: Flow with the river - by Dashiell - March 30, 2021, 09:20 AM
RE: Flow with the river - by Amaguq - April 11, 2021, 11:10 AM
RE: Flow with the river - by Dashiell - April 11, 2021, 12:35 PM
RE: Flow with the river - by Amaguq - April 13, 2021, 08:44 AM
RE: Flow with the river - by Dashiell - April 24, 2021, 11:30 AM
RE: Flow with the river - by Amaguq - April 24, 2021, 07:35 PM