Wapun Meadow i didn't drown - i couldn't seem to die
21 Posts
Ooc —
The sound of weeping drew the caretaker-turned-vagabond off his intended course with some small measure of reluctance. The pull was less desire and more habit, not so much instinctual as ingrained. Coriander was tired of taking the role of guardian, giver of protection and comfort and advice that he wasn't even sure he would follow himself, given the chance. It'd always felt forced and fake to him, and this encounter was already shaping up to be more of the same. Much as he hated it, the Redleaf-DiSarinno felt an obligation. More often than not, passersby would remain just that: momentary spectators, useless and selfish. The alternative was loathsome, true, but Coriander refused to be one of those people who simply let others suffer without lifting a paw to help.
"Hey, you — you alright?" Cori called out when he caught sight of the earthen male, ears drawn up as he put on his best "concerned stranger" face. He shook his coat out a little, pawsteps slowing to a stop as he reached a conversational distance. Dude looked pretty miserable. Suddenly Coriander felt guilty for his reluctance; it was so typical and selfish of him, wasn't it? It had always seemed to him that it took a rare goodness of the soul to actually enjoy caring for others, and he'd always been acutely aware of his own lack of this goodness. But he tried to make up for it. He really did. Else he wouldn't have been found here, conversing with a wet-faced stranger.
Messages In This Thread
i didn't drown - i couldn't seem to die - by Surya - May 21, 2021, 10:34 AM
RE: i didn't drown - i couldn't seem to die - by Coriander - May 25, 2021, 11:16 AM