Broken Antler Fen But I'm still around
176 Posts
Ooc — Me
Though Lele loathed her awkwardness in social settings and wished to be more fluent in her responses, as well as eloquent, she had observed that by not having a ready answer to everything, she had the ability to truly listen and think, what people were telling her. Even more - if they were looking for an actual help or just needed a shoulder to cry on. Giving her full attention was a nice side effect to her overall sluggishness in conversations. 

She listened to Maia and observed her carefully, her gaze meeting the silver of hers briefly, then tracing the lines of her face and taking in her expression, her stance and the general demeanor. Lele concluded that Maia had not changed much at all from the first time they had met. She sensed the same nervousness stemming from her own lack of confidence and fear of failing. Fear. That was the keyword here. Now - what was she looking for. An actual help? A little late for that, since the pup had not disappeared recently. A reality check? That bad things happened to people and there was nothing anyone could do about it? Lele was not that cruel.

Lie? That she will probably turn up at some point? Soothe - tell that there is nothing to worry about? Somehow it felt very counter-productive. "What do you want to do?" she asked in the end, because it was the simplest solution. She could not solve this problem for Maia, but the girl herself could suggest a plan. That would keep her busy. Put that nervous energy into something else. "I am here to help," she hoped that this did not sound too formal. That the other would see a genuity in her offer.
Messages In This Thread
But I'm still around - by Maia - September 01, 2021, 04:42 AM
RE: But I'm still around - by Ukulele - September 10, 2021, 03:56 AM
RE: But I'm still around - by Maia - September 17, 2021, 12:47 AM
RE: But I'm still around - by Ukulele - September 30, 2021, 12:05 PM
RE: But I'm still around - by Maia - October 09, 2021, 03:43 AM
RE: But I'm still around - by Ukulele - October 16, 2021, 08:50 AM
RE: But I'm still around - by Maia - October 20, 2021, 11:40 PM
RE: But I'm still around - by Ukulele - October 26, 2021, 01:18 PM
RE: But I'm still around - by Maia - November 26, 2021, 01:06 PM