Otter Creek to be, or not to be
3 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
To be, or not to be. A question often asked, with only one answer possible.

Life was full of surprises, doubts, love, loss.. and by the end, it always comes down to whether or not it was worth it. 

No one could ever get everything they desire, but that doesn't mean few goals along the way can't be succeeded. In order to achieve, initiative must be taken. Nothing will come to those who stand and wait for it to fall at their feet. 

Death would always come; there is no avoidance there. So, why wait to die alone? There were options in the world, but the right one had to be chosen, or else, it would be all for naught. 

4 years struggling to find a next meal; to find shelter and comfort. Enough is enough. With enough skill and perhaps beauty, some miracle was sure to come along. A soul is wasted without purpose and a sense of belonging. Would Inessa be able to find this? Surely.. some day.
141 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Away
Okay, she was kind of freaking out.

She'd thought Vesper had only wandered off for a little bit on her own, but by the time Blueberry made her way back to the last place she'd seen her sister, the scent had gone stale. She'd followed it the best she could, but the girl was no tracker, and now she'd lost it.

Vesper was gone, and for the first time in her life, Blueberry was truly, truly alone.

She had pushed her way through the ghastly dark forest, wondering all the while at its familiarity. Mom had told her about her birthplace, but that had seemed impossibly far away. Surely. . .

She felt nothing but relief at bursting through, though immediately regretted losing the cover as the wind hit her face, awhirl with tiny white flakes, very cold, that stung like bees upon her cheeks. Fuck. This.

Blueberry hugged the trunks of the barren alder, and felt safe for the briefest moment. Until she spotted the wolf ahead, and trepidation caught her in its icy clutches once more.
3 Posts
Ooc —
A mobile, queer set of occuli were fixed before her. Eventually, they befell a pale body ahead.

A wolf? She questioned silently. Only a closer view would give a true answer.

Lengthy strides led her forward, tail cautious in its posture behind her. With only a foot of distance to remain between both, Inessa paused. Lifting a brow in question, the woman chuffed in small disdain. The appearance of a skittish and fearful nature would gain this stranger no pity.

It looks as if something has near gone and tried chasing you up that tree. A clear, even tone rung out to address the one who blended with the snow. An interest rested in the place of following silence. How would they react? It was a cruel game, really, but she couldn't help but wonder why this wolf seemed so distraught.
141 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Away
Well that was a hell of a greeting. Not. Blueberry turned an equally disdainful look upon the stranger, though the fear still remained. Call it bravado, she supposed.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? she shot back. Fuck was becoming a favorite word of hers. It had a good mouth-feel. That hissing sound up front, punctuated with a sharp, cracking consonant. FfffuCK.

She waited for the response, shifting her paws, preparing to flee should she need to. Good thing this hadn't happened in the creepy forest, or else she'd be really unsettled.
3 Posts
Ooc —
It satisfied Inessa to see that this wolf had some fight in her, even if it was only in a repulsed manner. She couldn't help but almost laugh at the use of the word "fuck". An odd transition in behavior, to say the least.

I have never seen a wolf cling so near to a tree as you just have... though, I s'pose I'm not one to judge without knowledge of your circumstance. Something bothering you? This doesn't seem to be a place you favor.. With a few alterations herself, the tone went from snarky to somewhat concerned. The pale wolf almost looked lost and if Nes could do something to change that, she surely would. After all, she knew what it felt like.
141 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Away
Something bothering me? Blueberry repeated, then laughed scornfully. Um, if you count everybody leaving me and being alone, then, uh, yeah—I guess you could say that.

Her disdain was hot enough to melt snow, and she kept even closer to the alder trunk, despite the woman's words. Fuck you, she thought. She'd rather keep the company of a tree than someone asking this many questions.

She lifted her chin pugnaciously. Why do you care?

It was freezing. Even through winter-hardy thick pelt, she felt the wind cutting through to her skin, and resisted the urge to shiver all over.