Ouroboros Spine how time spins
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
All Welcome 
For @Lote/@Imaq

She felt renewed. Refreshed. Especially so after having made up for much lost time with Kukutux. Next in her sights was Lote. The Tundrian felt just as close with her as she did Moonwoman. It felt like even more time had stretched between them since they had last seen one another. The last she recalled, she had been nearby while Lote gave birth last year. Much of what transpired after was lost to Keyni.

She was eager to see how her friend fared. After hearing her voice when she stood at the entrance to the village, she had yearned to come racing towards her side. But other little distractions on the side put that off. Not today. Keenly focused, she trailed her scent, following it. She had a guess that she might use the same ulaq as last year. That was her first stop. A crooning bark was given, hoping she was nearby.
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —
It was a great surprise to have Keyni return to the village, but a welcome one. The wren was sure to be more surprised than Lótë, for much had changed in the turn of the seasons since her friend had departed; they had a great deal of catching up to do. The cloudberry grinned upon hearing the other Naturalist call out to her, quickly abandoning the pelt she was curing to dart out into the sunshine and embrace her long lost village-sister. 

"Keyni!" the doe practically crowed her elation as she engulfed the other woman in a happy hug, drawing back with a warm smile and wagging tail. "It is good to see your face again." 

"How have you been? What have you been up to?" There was much to be shared between them both and second wife was eager to hear of what travels Keyni had taken. Her own news could wait, for it would surely cast a somber mood to reveal what had happened between the Nuiruk and the spirit-bear and the circumstances that had led her to join Aiolos' and Kukutux's hearth. 

Even so, there was good news to remind her of the spirit's blessings. Her stomach had grown heavy with Kjalarr's children and even now, the dove felt the fluttering of the cubs -- as if they too shared in their mother's excitement. 
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
It all happened so fast after her voice left her throat. A blur of familiar fur darting out into the open. The scent of curing pelt skin and berries tickling her nose. All great comforts she had missed. The Tundrian was one who seldom got overly animated. Or terribly excited. Ninety nine percent of the time, she was a composed sort. But that was not to say she wasn't capable. Just as she displayed now, rearing up to drape her fore legs around Lote's shoulders, tail a blur behind her.

"Lote! It is so good to see you too. I can't tell you how much I have missed this place..." But most of all, you and Moonwoman. Her jade eyes seemed to convey, as she pulled back, brushing her nose along her delicate cheek as she went. As with Kukutux, her sister, Keyni felt no need to restrain herself in expressing her affections. 

She inhaled deep, drinking in the array of scent in Lote's fur. Re-familiarizing herself with her. Finding comfort just i being back by her side again. So much had happened for the both of them. "A lot has happened since my departure." She breathed easily. She stepped to the side, so they may walk or lounge in the rays of the sun. "I was in the east for a while. I stayed with Moonglow's ally, Duskfire Glacier. Their leader, Lane, is a former pack mate and friend of mine. They also...needed my assistance with some matters, while I was in the area." She did not mention Rivenwood yet. Aiolos or Kukutux could have very well informed Lote already. "They were preparing to relocate in the west. After that I set off here. I was...just getting a feel for things and when I returned, I knew I had to back among the village." She smiled.
449 Posts
Ooc —
Lótë -- a similarly reserved individual -- allowed herself a moment to squeeze Keyni close in return, tail practically whipping against her hocks as she beamed up at her long-lost sister. A happy hum left her throat, touching her muzzle to Keyni's earthen cheek in return before falling into step with the wren so that they could enjoy the sunshine as they spoke. 

The dove nodded, recalling their allies though she hadn't seen much of them due to being direly injured during the village's trip to the Taiga. Her brow furrowed briefly, recalling a hazy memory of Kukutux mentioning a male leading the pack -- an old village-brother to moonwoman. But she brushed this off, leadership often changed hands and such was the way of communal life. "Is everything alright with them?" the herd-stalker asked, concern evident in the way her mouth tugged into a worried frown. She might not know them well but they were kin of a sorts and they had played a part in helping her heal from the bear's attack.

Lótë smiled in return, "I'm very glad you're back. I had worried you'd become lost with the winter but it's a relief to hear that you were safe with the Glacier wolves."
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
With her sights set on an open patch of sunlit ground, she continued to walk side by side with Lote. The swollen sides of her friend did not go unnoticed. But for the time being, she would stay on track with the current topic. "They did endure some hardships, I have heard." Her dark tipped ears swung back, thoughtfully. "Shortly before I arrived, they were recouping from the loss of both of their founding leaders." Keyni did not know Wintersbane or his mate personally. She had never had the honor of meeting either of them. 

"They were well off when we parted ways. By now they should have made it to Nimbus Summit in the west, their new home." It was fortunate Keyni had enough details for a landmark. As allies to Moonglow and Lote's forming village, it would pay to keep in contact with relative ease. She smiled, bumping her muzzle up gently under the doves chin. "I appreciate your concern...but I was okay. I am of Northern blood. It takes more than a harsh winter season to keep me pinned." She chuckled. "Though I admit, in my heart, it is with the village family I belong. Hearing your voices...setting foot on the soil...it felt right."
449 Posts
Ooc —
"Oh, dear," Lótë sighed fretfully, gaze flickering to Keyni as they strolled through the village. What a dreadful thing, to lose both leaders so close together -- and for any relatives to lose two family members. Lótë remained quiet for the most part, not wishing to interrupt the tale, but her heart went out to their allies and to Kukutux too, knowing she must have felt the loss of an old friend. 

"I'm glad things are beginning to pick up for them, in spite of everything that has happened." Another pack might have disbanded, scattering to the wind, but it was a testament of the group's strength that they had managed to relocate and even rebuild in spite of the famine and death plaguing them in the past winter. It was a relief to hear that their allies had found solid footing again. 

Lótë smiled, a bit sheepishly, and bumped against her friend in return. "I suppose I hadn't considered that." Keyni could likely handle herself. But many wolves simply vanished and were never seen again due to various circumstances -- becoming lost, the elements, predators, hostile members of their own kind. "I'm glad to hear it. It feels similar to have you home again -- it feels right to be here with you in this moment." A warm smile was beamed towards the wren. 
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Her thoughts did not linger long on the Atautsikut wolves and the losses they suffered. That time was over but not forgotten. Keyni did not know any of the children very well at all. Even less about their individual battles after losing their parents/leaders. She wished them well though and to suffer no more heart ache in their lifetime. "I think the future looks bright for them. My impression of their new leader, Issorartuyok and brother, Tuuluuwaq is good. Down to earth, honest wolves."

Perhaps in the months ahead, later this year, the clans could meet once again. She'd be interested to see Lote's perceptive of the northern mountain pack. And speaking of new beginnings... "This time it is gonna be much harder to get rid of me." She jested back. A knowing look crossed into her eyes. "Word has it that you plan on forming a village of your own. In the evergreen forest. Am I right, hmm?"
449 Posts
Ooc —
Lótë laughed, a gentle burst of noise like wind chimes tinkling under the rays of a summer sun. "As if I would want to chase you away," she quipped lightly in return, shaking her head in amusement. At the mentions of Winterglade, the cloudberry nodded her head eagerly in excitement. "Aya, she confirmed, "it is my hopes to build a new ulax to accommodate all the growing children and the new generations to come. Through my marriage to sunman, Kukutux and I will remain sisters in spite of my relocation. And our villages will be married in spirit -- they too will be sisters, family."
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Above her hips, her dark edged tail waved with merry excitement. Lote confirmed what Kukutux had already told her. Moonglow would be extended in the form of a sister village. She smiled. "That is wonderful news. It is never a bad idea to branch out and have something of your own, especially for your family." 

Moonglow was the perfect size as far as their numbers go. But with Lote expecting pups again, starting a home of her own close by could prevent any strain. She doubted this was the real reason for her motivation. The Tundrian delved into her curiosity by expressing her interest in Lote's concept. "What was it that made you choose this? Tell me what compelled you."
449 Posts
Ooc —
Lótë smiled, a bit bashfully, for it wasn't a question anyone had asked thus far. "We had a visit from a distant relative of Kukutux, another clan of family from far off. The Walrus Women, she called them," the cloudberry began, launching into the recollection of the visit that had opened her eyes to other paths. 

"Her name was Murre. Kausiut went with her when she left." Here, the dove's expression paled a bit, not quite as joyful as before. "She taught us of their customs. Of how women hunted there and how many of them had taken several husbands."

"I must admit, I had never considered this. I was content to stay as second wife to Aiolos and spend the rest of my days helping moonwoman and sunman with the village and children."

"But Murre's words introduced to me the idea that I could someday find what Kukutux and Aiolos shared, without breaking our family of Nuiruk apart. If the Walrus Women could have more than one husband and not anger the spirits, then why could I not someday build something new? Take a second husband that I loved and still remain within my marriage as second wife to Aiolos for the sake of our children and our love for one another as family?"

"Winterglade is simply about the expansion of family and the village, of building new things and finding new paths to walk. Two families linked together by love, always." Lótë wasn't sure she'd done a thorough job of explaining but it was hard to put such a personal feeling into words. Some small part of her desired to be more than second wife but she did not wish to break the hearth she had found. Winterglade was a chance to spread her wings and build upon the legacy of the name she had built with Kukutux and Aiolos. 
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Apparently she had just missed the distant relative of Kukutux who had visited. A woman going by the name of Murre, who at the end, left with Kausiut. She listened to the details quietly, but with intense interest. "It is a shame I had not returned sooner. I think I would have liked to meet this woman. Perhaps I will, one day." 

She wore a thoughtful look as Lote continued speaking. Starting with how she had been content as being a second wife to Aiolos. Then the arrival of Murre inspiring in her to start something new. But still keeping intact the ties with Moonglow and maintain her relationship with Aiolos as it stood now. "I see no reason why it can't be done. To make something new...to extend Moonglow in a sense... It'll only make us closer. Stronger." Keyni nodded at Lote's explanation of what Winterglade would be. Would symbolize. "Of course. That goes without saying. But in what way will Winterglade differ from Moonglow? What will it focus on, specifically? Spirituality? Nature, or perhaps the hunt?"
449 Posts
Ooc —
"Perhaps, whose to say that Murre and Kausiut won't return someday?" Lótë mused aloud, her gaze distantly tracing the pines as her thoughts turned inwards to the clan of walrus hunters. Someday, when things were settled and her years of motherhood had gone by, perhaps Lótë might even make a journey to their allies outside of Teekon to experience their culture for herself. 

Her focus was drawn back to Keyni and answering her queries. "The hunt is a sacred thing for all wolves so there will be an emphasis upon it within Winterglade. But for the most part, I'm hoping that the new village will act as a counterpart to Moonglow."

[b]"Moonwoman is a skilled healer, she is also wisewoman and Sialuk reads the bones. But I am herd-stalker. My place has never been in speaking with spirits. Winterglade will specialize in the training of earthly trades. We will hunt with Moonglow and those with a aptitude for healing and spirits may cross the border for their purposes. But for those within Moonglow who would like to learn to track game, map stars, and maintain the land, they need only come to the Forest to study with us."
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
"Perhaps. We shall see." She said, thinking of the two young wolves once again. With keen attention she listened while Lote further explained the details on which she sought of Winterglade. It made her happy to hear that this extension of Moonglow would largely be focused on the hunt. She nodded, silent. The motion of her tail and the pleasure in her eyes conveyed her feelings while the dove continued.

While close with one another and sharing much in common, Keyni was not nearly as interested in the spiritual arts. Nor was her passion in healing, for she was not practiced in it either. She loved Kukutux and Sialuk like blood, but there were some things where they did not align quite so perfectly.

Lote too, shared her feelings. She smiled. "If I didn't know any better, I would swear you are my true sister." She teased. "I appreciate what the Moonwoman does and shares. Her gifts and that her eldest daughter has acquired. But I could never..." She paused, searching for the right word. "...relate quite on their level. I have always been more...grounded. More connected to the earth and the creatures that inhabit it." As if on cue, to emphasize her opinion, a refreshing cool breeze combed through the furs at her neck. Her eyes fluttered shut peaceably and she inhaled deep, relishing the touch of natures fingers. "I would like to join you. I want to help you build your vision."
449 Posts
Ooc —
Lótë smiled, not one of the usual docile and beguiling grins but a full blown expression of genuine kinship. "Aya, she laughed, a glittering sound like the burble of a stream. "We even look alike," the cloudberry tea woman jested lightly. Warmth glowed to life beneath her breast bone. The painter had never known what it was like to be raised amongst littermates and kin, which only made her appreciate the bonds she had formed with her village sisters and brothers even more. 

"Theirs is a great gift -- and burden too, I am sure," Lótë agreed, slightly subdued. It often seemed that Kukutux saw a great many things others did not but then, such things also seemed to weigh heavily upon her pale shoulders. Both the moondrop and raindrop carried a faint air of melancholy about them, the weight of knowledge and the price paid for it. 

For a moment, a touch of apprehension skittered along the length of the dove's spine -- not entirely certain that Keyni had as little command over the spirits as she claimed when the wind seemed to respond to her words. When the breeze had died away and Lótë had shaken the unnerving sensation away, she gathered her thoughts and turned them back to the direction their conversation had taken. 

"I would love for you to join us!" she beamed, paws tapping as she gave a happy little bounce. "It sounds like Winterglade would be the perfect fit for you. And it would give us a chance to reconnect." The two already seemed to be rekindling their former friendship but Lótë thought this the perfect opportunity for the two to grow even closer in time.