Golden Glade skylark
85 Posts
Ooc — box
Private 

Her everything hurt, from the cracked pads of her paws, to the cramps of her entirely empty stomach. She didn’t remember when she’d last eaten, when she’d not resembled something stretched out, skin rippling over her ribs. She held her tongue out, trembling, to run over her nose.

Faun could not force herself to continue. The yearling’s legs wavered, ankles clicking, body shaking with pain that she was trying to push through. The girl gritted her teeth, pushing on through sheer determination. She would be safe soon. And until she was, she could not stop.

Her chest gave a pulse that was not from her waning health, a tug at her heartstrings, grief and guilt and a thousand other hateful things. She was the last to feel these things. The only one left who truly knew why. There were no more who grieved her specific grief. She lowered her head, focusing her eyes on her paws as they took shaking steps forward. If she focused on them, on movement, there was no room for grief, for pain. It existed still, but she was flying beyond it.

Doedapple speaks both French and English, though she prefers English
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
He had gone exploring outside the territory, his plan to start learning the lands outside of their claim; it would be helpful knowledge for a guardian. 

The place he found was bursting at the seems with spring regrowth; he wondered if Lane had seen this place. If he knew enough about plants, he might try and bring some back for her. But he didn't, and he didn't want to go around picking up random things and get poisoned. 

When the beta picked up the scent of blood, he stopped and looked around. He inspected the air again and thought he could tell which way to go. So he tracked the scent until it brought him to a skinny, injured, and exhausted young woman. 

He moved slowly towards her. Do you need assistance? he asked her. Atautsikut was close, and he could bring her to Lane. She looked in need of some healing, rest, and a few good meals.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
Faun’s delicate body almost gave way when words rolled over her ears. The girl gave a frightened jerk away on instinct more than good sense, her eyes squeezing shut in preparation.

Her heart jackhammered, but nothing came. She opened her eyes, slowly, processing the words as she did. And as she rolled them over in her mind, she gave a wordless nod, her ears wilting back to flatten against her skull as she wrestled with the need to cry. Kind words, the first she had heard in so many days of harshness and silence. She didn’t know how much her tattered soul starved for them.

187 Posts
Ooc — hela
At first, she reacted with fear, and he felt guilty for it. He could tell she had not encountered many who would offer her help. So maybe he was meant to find her here. 

When she finally seemed to recognize his offer, she answered with a silent nod. Tuulu moved closer. My pack's lands are not too far from here, he told her. Are you able to travel anymore? He wasn't sure she was. She may need some attention first.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
He asked many questions of her, and the words flooded her tongue, each scrambling to break free until none at all could escape. Faun swallowed.

I..

The girl lowered her head a bit, her tired eyes falling closed for a moment to allow herself the darkness to think.

I am able to..continue. Perhaps not for very long. The softness of her voice barely hid the rough quality of it, the rasp from the days she had spent silent.

187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Alright, he told her, though he wasn't quite sure he believed her. She was small enough that if he proved correct, he could just carry her the remaining distance. I am Tuuluuwaq. My pack is called Atautsikut. We have food and medicine there, and you can rest for as long as you need. Now that they were not hurting for prey, they could afford to help those in need. 

Follow me, he said next. You can lean on me if you need to. Assuming she started to walk again, he would allow her some time to adjust and then ask: How long have you been on your own? By the look of her, it had been a while. He was relieved that his home was near and that Lane was there to help the woman.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
He introduced himself with a name she rolled through her mouth, tasting the syllables as she began to painfully walk after him. Antiquated pink watched the larger man, her eyes traveling to the distant horizon when he asked her of her time alone.

How long had it been? 

She couldn’t remember the last time she had felt safe, but by her guess, it had been-

Four changes of the moon. She answered shakily.

I… Another painful swallow.

I am Faun.

She was. It was who she had to be.

187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Four months was a long time. 

He remained close as they walked, just in case she lost the strength to continue. You do not have pledge loyalty to our pack in return for food or medicine. You can stay as long as you want and if you decide you want to leave when you are better, then you may. As always, he hoped the tentative members would become permanent.

I am glad I found you Faun, he said when she introduced herself. Any longer on her own, and she might have passed out or worse, and with no one to help her.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
The girl was playing a constant game of endurance. She kept walking only through sheer will.

…thank you. Her voice was barely above a whisper. And truly, she was thankful. Faun wasn’t a creature made for the wilderness, or much for being alone.

If it is needed..I have training in medicine. And midwifery, as well as herbalism. A rather small amount, but I hope it would be enough.

187 Posts
Ooc — hela
She was offering her skills in return, for which he was grateful. It wasn't necessary, though, and it was not what he thought she should be worried about. 

For now you can just focus on healing, he told her. If you want to stay and offer your skills once you are better, then that is kind of you. It is not a requirement, though.

Come on, he said, motioning with his head towards his home. It is not much farther.

i'll get something started in atautsikut <3