Deepwood Weald Gift
110 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 
Astraios had done as Rodyn had told him with the elk skin, and now it was a beautiful, luxurious fur. He had brought it to the shared den, and he'd even cleaned it out, so everything would look nice and clean for when @Themis returned. He'd been keeping the gift a secret, and he couldn't wait to see her reaction.
"Common." · "Greek." · "Thieves' Cant"

Physical Health (100/100)

Astraios is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Astraios is mentally well.
254 Posts
Ooc — Box
When she came into the Weald, she was dotted with flowers.

The wildflowers had been blooming, and Themis had amused herself by running through them like she was nothing more than a child, laughter on her breath. It was a welcome respite from patrolling, from herding her small family in the misty Weald.

It pushed her thoughts away from the fact they needed recruits, almost desperately.

But, she came home dizzied, almost frenzied, drunken off the smell of wildflowers and the buzz of honeybees. In her maw, she clutched the slobbery remains of a patch of wildflowers, something she was content on spreading in the den.

She poked her head in, and paused, eyes going wide.

Astraios? She lisped around the stems in her mouth, going silent with wordlessness.
english · greek · thieves cant
110 Posts
Ooc — The System
He heard her approach, and he hastily smoothed out the elk fur, sweeping a bit of dirt out with a flick of his tail. It was perfect. Themis appeared. She was stunning, to him, radiant even. His mouth fell open in surprise, and he told her in rough Greek, "φαίνεσαι όμορφη."

He grinned at her, his eyes alight. "I... made a friend. He and I hunted this elk about a week back and... well, I wanted to give you a gift."

Astraios is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

254 Posts
Ooc — Box
The compliment made her heat beneath her fur, the Vasiliás taking a half hearted swat at her husband.

Oh sh’ap She grumbled, the effect softened by the fact she couldn't stop smiling. She moved around him, entranced by the sight of the elk pelt across the floor of their den. With gentle precision, she sat down the stems of the flowers, and immediately practically belly flopped onto the skin.

You are a gift, αστροφεγγιά μου. Really, I never would have thought of this! Themis sprawled onto her side, then rolled onto her back, unwittingly depositing petals across the skin.

Lay with me? She asked as she stretched her paws towards the ceiling.
110 Posts
Ooc — The System
At her swat, Astraios clacked his teeth at her, a playful, low growl rumbling deep in his chest. It seemed she approved, as she set her bundle of wildflowers down and immediately sprawled across the fur. He chuckled quietly as, with her movements, Themis scattered the petals. It was definitely something to see, her strew across the fur he'd procured with his own sweat and blood, the petals intermingling. It pulled at something deep within him, something primal, but he reigned it in with a steady inhale.

At her request, he laid beside her happily, and he murmured, "I am happy you like it. It... will be good for the whelps, too, and any — ah, future litters." His tongue swiped over his muzzle, almost anxiously. First, they had to worry about raising this one.

Then, he recalled what Rodyn had said before they'd departed each other's company. He told Themis. "Rodyn's leader, of Moonglow, wants to meet with us to share a meal." Perhaps they could forge some friendship.

Astraios is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

254 Posts
Ooc — Box
Themis gave a gentle hum, letting her eyes lapsed close for a moment.

More whelps, eh? She teased, letting one eye slot open into a sly expression.

They're already outrunning us, any more and we might have a situation on our hands. The greyscale woman turned to flop her long front limbs across her mate.

Hey, I’m always up for a meal.
110 Posts
Ooc — The System
Astraios chuckled softly, shrugging lightly. "After this litter is grown, perhaps." Their whelps were a handful, to be sure. It was funny — he had never wanted to be a parent, but he was enjoying it. Perhaps it helped to have Themis for a wife.

He grinned at her as she splayed her legs over his, and he reached forward to nip at an ear, gently. "When shall we plan to meet her?"

Astraios is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)