Stavanger Bay good day for a haunting
36 Posts
Ooc — jal
Almost judgingly of his current predicament, the girl replies with a haughty retort - something about her response irked him. What did he care for the mannerisms of her and her flock? He doubts any of them had once been a literal warlord's slave. At some point, he had gained the mental baggage of being tossed around from one trivalent experience to the next; worn and weary with the weight of all that had occurred. He even struggled to recall much of it, and still was unable to determine if those gaps in his memory were by his own omission or not. 

A pointed gaze settled within his sharp features, ears pinned forward to return the sentiment. "Oh, well, good for you and your acquaintances." The salty man rolls his eyes. "Some of us have issues, sister." Ash Paw. At least he wasn't named after a dirty foot, the man snickers to himself internally. He has no chance to verbalize it before she darts off in an unspecified search, returning almost no minute later with... apparently his dinner? She drops it at his feet and he stares down for a moment, before returning his gaze to her. 

What the hell? This had never happened before. In fact, he had been rather expecting to be told to fuck right off. However, with no apprehension, he flops to the ground with a wet thud and his canines eagerly begin the work of tearing the small carcass apart. "Did you... pull... this... outta your ass or... something?"  Isengrim questions between gnarled bites, wondering in the back of his mind if there was some sort of nearby cache he could continue to steal out of. 

Bellowing out a full and happy belch at the satisfaction of devouring the rabbit in record time, the man settles comfortably into the sand again. Upon gazing back at the woman before him, he recounts their earlier exchange of words. It then occurs to him that he had absent-mindedly admitted a personal defeat, and his brow furrows once more. "Hey, who said I was letting the tide take me anyways? My folks owned this bay once. I know how to swim." He knows he sounds like a child desperate to prove something, but truly, she has stumbled upon him at an unfortunate time for his very fragile ego.
the barracuda
Messages In This Thread
good day for a haunting - by Isengrim - September 13, 2022, 11:15 PM
RE: good day for a haunting - by Ash Star - September 14, 2022, 05:28 AM
RE: good day for a haunting - by Isengrim - September 15, 2022, 11:46 PM
RE: good day for a haunting - by Ash Star - September 16, 2022, 05:24 AM
RE: good day for a haunting - by Isengrim - September 22, 2022, 08:25 PM
RE: good day for a haunting - by Ash Star - September 22, 2022, 08:35 PM