IC Joining: Where the Heart Touches
<span style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:none;text-transform:none;color:0000FF;">I feel the Gravity of it all</span>
60 Posts
Ooc — Paige
all welcome but Scim is who this is directed towards.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder. This was true in so many ways for the young wolf. Soon after his brother (from another mother), Scimitar, had disappeared from Neverwinter Forest Luka had chosen to follow in his path and do the same. The coal pelted wolf missed his companion. They had grown close over the harsh winter. Together they climbed the ranks of Neverwinter Forest. Together they hunted and shared stories and grew close. What the young wolf missed the most was having a connection with another being, so when Luka picked up Scimitar's scent it wasn't odd that the wolf's whole manner changed. He wanted his brother back, that is if Scimitar would still find their connection worth something. Luka missed his brother, and he was hoping the bear of a wolf would feel the same.

Approaching the pack's territory from the north Luka encountered two large hills that were covered in dense trees. They were too steep to climb on an empty stomach so the oil colored wolf sat at the bank of the creek that ran between the two hills and drank it's cold water. After getting his fill of the icy water Luka rose his shaggy head and howled a lonely song to Scimitar. Brother, if you're there, I miss you. I am home. I am home for good this time.

he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Nostalgia had been haunting the male for days now -- his run in with Viinturuth had compelled his heart to cry out for Neverwinter Forest all the more, and then his brother, Saber, had found him once more. Somehow, as the days past, his heart ached less and less for Bazi with his endless responsibilities, and rather than dwell upon any of his problems, he instead threw himself full force in to his duties -- and, tantalizing thoughts of moving the back away from lands he was beginning to loathe. The question was, however.. did they want to move too?

But nostalgia hit him like a slap to the face once more as a song cried out, beckoning him to the borders of his pack. He had missed Luka so, but never had he dreamed they would be reunited. When he had returned from trailing after Chakra, the wolves of the Forest had long since dispersed.. and Scimitar had never been able to truly pick up the scent and direction his 'brother' had gone.

Swift paws carried him to the cry, and he stared in hidden disbelief at the black male before him -- Luka was here, before him once more, and it was hard to keep the grin from slowly pressing across his muzzle. "Now there's a sight for sore eyes," he quipped jovially, waiting for the male's reaction.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
<span style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:none;text-transform:none;color:0000FF;">I feel the Gravity of it all</span>
60 Posts
Ooc — Paige

His call was answered swiftly. Not minutes after he sent out his beckoning his brother came trotting over to him. The giant hadn't changed much since they had separated. Scimitar was still as handsome as ever, with his kind and dashing face Luka always considered the male a 'lady killer'. "At least it's a gorgeous sight my brother." Luka retorted with a grin spreading across his shaggy face.

Rising from his seated position on the soft ground Luka cantered over to the cinnamon male. Luka had always been the submissive one in their relationship. It was a more natural position for him. Scimitar always treated him as an equal while still maintaining a dominate role. The blackish male had respected his companion for that. Luka, after closing the distance on his brother, pressed his head against Scim's chest before affectionately and submissively licking the male's muzzle. "I have missed you my friend. It has been too long. What have you been up to lady killer?"

1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
As he waited for a response, he could barely contain the sardonic snort that escaped him the moment he received it -- Luka had not changed, it seemed, and a wry grin was flashed in the direction of the ebony male as he too closed the distance between them. The affectionate greeting was surprising -- but only for a moment. The two had been through a lot together over the past year. Muirrin's abandonment.. joining Neverwinter Forest together and climbing the ranks there. Inseparable until Scimitar had trailed after Chakra in hopes of finding where she had gone -- he had come home empty handed to nothing as well, and it must have appeared to the ebony wolf that Scimitar had simply left him.

A playful growl seeped past his lips as he bent his muzzle down to take a grab and tug at his companion's ear, his own nose bumping his friend's cheek affectionately. It would seem the male was not mad at him -- a relief to the cinnamon male, but that did not make up for the lost time between them.

Swatting the rogue upon the shoulder at his comment, he withheld a sigh. Truly, he was no lady killer. Instead, he was being slaughtered by the ladies. "I went to search for Chakra when she disappeared, Luka," he offered in way of explanation -- he couldn't let what seemed a betrayal hang in the air between them. "But all I found was blood and fur. I don't know what happened to her, or if she's even alive.. when I went back, everyone was gone. I'm sorry. I should have taken you with me. Or told you."
60 Posts
Ooc — Paige

When Charka disappeared Luka had just assumed it was the same situation with Murrin. She just didn't want to deal with a pack anymore. A frown set upon the young male's face when he learned Scimitar only found blood when he went searching for her. Luka was found of Charka, she was a kind wolf and a good leader. It sent a shock through the male when he learned she was most likely dead. He sighed but continued to listen intently on what his companion had to say.

When he found out Scimitar had left Luka assumed it was something important, and it was. Searching for your alpha was very important. Luka never felt betrayed by the male, even when his absence a few months prior stung him most. Luka simply left the pack's territory when his brother was gone. There was nothing more holding him there, in Neverwinter. It was the young male's fault they never met back up. He regretted not waiting even more now when he knew the male returned. "Brother, it was I who didn't wait for you. I never once blamed you for leaving." Luka replied with a sigh of relief. Luka feared Scimitar had left because of something he did. The youngster continued. "Nothing ether of us say will make up for these months we were separated, but we can begin a-new. I forgive you my friend. Will you forgive me as well?"

Wanting to break the sad air between the two wolves Luka inquired "So this is the pack you're in now? What is it's name?"

1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Luka seemed more than content to simply move on.. even needlessly shirking some of the responsibility to his own shoulders, and Scimitar gave a light shake of his muzzle to ensure there was indeed nothing to forgive. He had done no wrong in the eyes of the cinnamon regal. It felt good t have the swarthy male back in his life, and as he was questioned about the pack he was in now, he felt a pang of worry grip him that perhaps.. Luka was only here to check in, rather than stay.

"Swiftcurrent Creek. We're dealing with some.. more.. tense times," he remarked, stumbling at a way to describe it without going into detail. "Will you stay? Or are you just passing through?" It was a question that was completely relevant -- Scimitar needed more wolves he could trust.. as it stood, the Creek was gaining numbers once more, but that did not mean he trusted everyone in his ranks.. a certain dark and sardonic brute stood out in his mind.
60 Posts
Ooc — Paige

Once Scimitar seemingly abandoned Neverwinter Luka also followed in his steps. A few days after his cinnamon brother didn't return he went his own way. Traveling out of the Teekon Wilds Luka found himself where he started from: A loner. A loner who longed to be apart of something more. His ebony fur changed from pure black to spotted black. White fur tipped his solid swarthy figure.

In all honesty Luka came back to the wilds to find a home. Now that he found his brother he couldn't imagine going to another pack or worst- going back to being a loner. "I would be a fool to leave your presence. You always looked out for me, and I for you. I would love to speak to your alpha about joining." Luka smiled affectionately at the large male before continuing on. "I can carry my own weight as you know, and I also learned more about the healing trade. Being on my own allowed me to tune and perfect my skills. If you are in need of a healer I can fill that position."

1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Luka requested to see the pack Alpha, which would have confused the agouti male if he had not known the other before him. Scimitar’s scent was deeply etched in to the borders of the pack – dominant by far, but Luka likely would have linked this to Scimitar’s constant guarding of pack borders.

Canting his muzzle, he gave a light nod to the dark wolf. Under any other circumstance, he would have teased the swarthy male more for the mistake – but as it was, he did not want to have his companion question his placement. “Seeing as I lead these lands, I guess I can accept the skills you offer,” he rumbled with a small smile, his nose tilting to bump Luka to the cheek in affection. Having his best friend by his side once more seemed to ease his recent heartache at being seemingly dumped by Bazi, and he realized now he was truly ready to move forward.
60 Posts
Ooc — Paige
The ebony male let out a chuckle. It didn't suprise the male at all that his brother was alpha. Luka couldn't see the cinnamon male in another position. "Your majesty. Why didn't you warn me I was in the presence of royality!" Luka spoke flabbergasted as he bowed dramatically. Rising slowly he met his companion's eyes and smirked.

It had been awhile since the male could last joke around so freely. The lonely ache in his chest seemed to disappear like fog before him. The ebony male was glad he found a place he could call home again. Having his brother back at his side again gave Luka a sense of relief. "Tell me brother, are they're any cute ladies in this pack? Or have you taken them all?" Luka smirked as he placed his lean torso on the ground.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Withholding a sardonic snort at the swarthy male's comments, Scimitar instead cast him a faux critical eye, about to accuse he should never have doubted his rise (playfully, of course).

Instead, Luka shifted the topic to that of the fairer sex.. Something his companion often did. Once before, when perhaps both males (and even Viinturuth) had their eye on Chakra, he would have been amused by the topic. Instead, he cringed inwardly, though kept an indifferent face as his shoulders lifted. Bazi had left. There was nothing more he could do on that end.. And if she ever did return, he wasn't sure what that would mean for either of them.

"There was a girl. We were seeing each other. But I think she left me, so there's that," he rumbled, keeping any other emotion from it. Talking about her left a bad taste in his mouth these days. "Can't say I'm on the prowl. But you might find someone to your liking here?"
60 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Luka sighed in sympathy for his friend. The swarthy male had never been romantically involved with anther wolf, so he could not relate to the male on a similar level. While the cinnamon male kept a straight face and not even a pinch of sorrow Luka knew that he was hurting. The ebony male chose not to press the male any further, if he wanted to confide in Luka he would have."She made a mistake, leaving you that is. This she-wolf will regret her actions one day." The lean male spoke trying to provide words of encouragement for his alpha.

Luka chuckled when his friend mentioned that Luka could find a girl to his liking here. "After i get settled in i'll focus on swooning all the ladies here. For now there are more important things to deal with." The ebony wolf continued on. "I am very hungry and i believe a hunt together is long overdue."