Otatso Wetlands puppets
<i><div><span style="color:#ff0000;">s</span><span style="color:#ff1f00;">p</span><span style="color:#ff3d00;">i</span><span style="color:#ff5c00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff7a00;">f</span><span style="color:#ff9900;">i</span><span style="color:#ffb700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffd600;">e</span></div></i>
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
<style>.mount1 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .mount1 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .mount1 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .mount1 {background-color:#082854; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/Hlsfy9Z.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .mount1 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .mount1 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7b7b7b; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 330px 20px; } .mount1-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto; }</style>

The coywolf female was fairly certain that she had seen most of the wilderness that had surrounded the caldera, and even some of the coast, but she had yet to see anything beyond that. Siv liked to pride herself as an adventurous young girl, but she could hardly hold that pride when all she did was hang around the riverbed waiting for fish to jump into her flapping mouth. So, on that particular day, the Savoy girl had decided that she would take to the road and find herself where she never thought she could.
And she certainly did…
Knee-deep in muck and mud, Siv tried to trudge through the wetlands with little to no success. Her long legs – she knew – had to be good for something, but even they were not aiding her in the mess that she had floundered into. It was fair to say that the environment had not appeared very welcoming in the first place, but her spirited personality had just tempted her to delve deeper and that was precisely what she had done; Siv had gone deeper. The muck was gathering up to her chest and she peered down at it with a look of mild fear and disgust on her narrow features. With a huff, the coywolf female paused in her trek and looked to the cloudy sky for assistance.

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
thanks! I've got to mention, your avatars lookin good.

Star had back to the wetlands again, despite her dislike of.... All of it. It was muddy, smelly, boring, dull.... Not exactly the most exciting place to be. However, it was not like Star was always pursuing excitement. Instead she worked hard for her pack and in return she was given a calm easy life as a pack wolf. She had wanted to lay down and rest, 'cause she was tired, but there didn't seem to be any spot devoid of mud where she could lay. She looked around again, and noticed a fallen log. She climbed up on and laid down. It was certainly not comfortable for its rough surface, and its round shape made her have to wrap around it. It wasn't luxurious, but it seemed to be the best thing she could find in this dreary land.
<i><div><span style="color:#ff0000;">s</span><span style="color:#ff1f00;">p</span><span style="color:#ff3d00;">i</span><span style="color:#ff5c00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff7a00;">f</span><span style="color:#ff9900;">i</span><span style="color:#ffb700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffd600;">e</span></div></i>
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Oh! Thank you so much! :) <3
<style>.mount1 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .mount1 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .mount1 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .mount1 {background-color:#082854; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/Hlsfy9Z.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .mount1 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .mount1 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7b7b7b; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 330px 20px; } .mount1-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto; }</style>

That was it! Right there! Out of the corner of her eye, Siv caught sight of a white object. Being a white object, the wolf happened to stand out from the muck like a sore thumb, which made the spotting of her lonesome figure all the easier for the coywolf girl. Because of the wolf’s size and dimensions, Siv happened to think that they were much further away than they actually happened to be. When her jaws parted and her tongue lolled from her gaping lips, the blue-eyed wonder let out a yap in hopes that the white figure would hear her. If that didn’t work, Siv was ready to turn up the boom-box charm. Trying her best to wiggle partially out of the muck, the Savoy girl only happened to sink herself deeper so that she was buried to her elbows and struggling for an escape. “Oi! Hot damn, can you help a sister out?!” she bellowed at the white wolf who seemed to have taken to perching on a log. If anything, Siv hoped that this was a wolf and not some obscure poltergeist who had appeared to teach her some sort of awful lesson.

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
if you're not okay with me getting her out just yet, let me know.

Star noticed the coy-wolf soon after she yapped. Star watched her syruggle for a moment, before she asked Star to help a sister out. "Alright." She said. She got up off the log, and was actually rather relieved that she had an excuse to get off it. She hurried forward. Her feet squelched in the mud and she sank a bit each step, but not as deep as this unfortunate canine. She came nearby and her feet begun to sink where she stood. "Uh-oh," she said and looked around for somewhere to stand. If only that log were over here. Nearby was a blackened willow. She climbed onto the protruding roots that peeked out of the ground. She awkwardly bent forward and bit the other wolf's fur gently, by the area on the neck where a young wolf is carried. Of course, this wolf was older than Star and heavier, and so she had difficulty. With a grunt, she managed to lift the muddy wolf from the sucking creature that was the mud onto the roots.
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Nah, you're all good.

The stranger seemed to spring to life the moment that they caught sound of Siv’s cries for help. The coywolf female knew that her booming voice would come in handy one of those days. When the creature seemed to close the distance between them, Siv found herself slightly worried at the sight of the other wolf. She was beautifully coated in a rich pelt of white that seemed to account for more than half of her body weight. The only issue was that Siv did not believe this white wolf could actually yank her from the mud where she was stuck. Drawing her bright blue gaze backwards, the coywolf allowed for the smaller creature to take hold of her scruff and yank her free of the goop in a matter of minutes. Once on the roots of the willow tree, Siv glanced towards the stranger with a lopsided grin and flagged her mud-stained tail softly so that she would not slosh on her knight in white armor.
“Gee whiz, that was neat. You lift weights or something?” she inquired with a tilt of her head in the direction of her savior. The Savoy girl was still entirely thrown back by the white wolf’s abilities. Trying to overcome this shock, she glanced towards her companion with a thankful expression, wondering where that left them.

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
The wolf seemed a little shocked after what Star had done. "Nah, I just exercise a lot, run and stuff. So my legs are especially strong." Star realized she shouldn't talk like this, it sounded like bragging. Star would not allow herself to brag and stopped talking. "How long did you stand there to sink so deep?" Star asked with a raise of her eyebrow and a tilt of her head. Star hoped the wolf's fur would not stay muddy for too long. Star would hate to have a lotta mud in her fur, she had always admired its flawless white, its perfect and pure snowy silvers and whites.
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary

Siv listened to the explanation of the wolf’s reason for having such strong legs and with a frown, glanced down to her own spindly limbs. Her legs weren’t so bad. They were tall and lean, like stilts for wolves, and they carried her places. Still, it would have been nice to get herself out of that mess instead of having to call over the white-haired hero. “Maybe I ought to start doin’ that. We can be work-out buddies, and you’ll teach me how to get buff,” Siv said with what she hoped was a cool and convincing smile on her goofy face.
There was a question that followed the remark on Star’s steady legs, and Siv tossed her ears forward in order to capture it. She’d inquired as to how the coywolf girl had even gotten stuck. With a sheepish expression, Siv glanced to her companion with blue eyes and shrugged her narrow shoulders. “Well, you see… there was this creature in the trees,” or she had thought there was a creature in the trees, “and I was out here to go treasure hunting, and I was certain that this thing was comin’ in fast for my treasure. Got so scared that I dropped my shells in the muck and then I got myself cemented,” she explained with a confident nod of her head. It seemed like a likely story for the coywolf girl, but then again… she was full of stories.

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Last post tonight. We can finish it up tomorrow perhaps?

Star grinned a little. This wolf was funny, mostly because she had this distinct way of talking and saying stuff that... Star just found the way she worded stuff funny. The canine answered Star's question with a story that was kinda strange. "Sorry you lost your... Treasure..." She said, awkwardly slow. "What's your name?" She asked the new wolf, and added, "I'm Star."
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
I work crazy late hours tomorrow but I'll be active at replying if I'm on and you've posted! Have a good night. :)

The coywolf girl had always been a little bit weird… but it was something that added to her personality. She was more extra than she was ordinary. For some people, it was a lot to take in all at once, and others seemed to revel in the fact that Siv could hold a conversation with herself for more than three hours before she got bored. She made life interesting, and not only her life. The coywolf girl had always had the unique pleasure of spreading her unorthodox personality with whoever she came in contact with. “Nah, don’t be sorry, bucko. I’ll find some more treasure here soon,” Siv assured her companion with a quick wink and a half-smile that only resulted in making her face look mildly crooked in appearance.
The white stranger then introduced themselves as Star, which seemed to be something of a simple – yet unique – name for a wolf. Siv nodded her head a few times as if to say that she approved of the calling before offering her own name in response. “I’m Siv,” she introduced with a nod of her head. “Siv Savoy… pleasure to meet ya, Star,” it was customary for her to add her last name to nearly every debut.

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"Nice to meet you too, Siv Savoy. How are you? Besides the mud thing. Y'know, in general." She said kindly to Siv. A grin split across her face in a bit of happiness. She liked 'hanging out' with other wolves. It was nice. Star usually didn't hang out with anyone. Instead she served her pack and mostly kept away from others. But this Siv, and the wolf Mordecai, and her packmate Dovev had all been really accepting of her, even if she was awkward and not very social.
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Siv was a socialite at heart. She had always found the company of others to be considerably compelling. It was extraordinary that so many different personality types could come together and appreciate one another. It had never been an issue for the Savoy girl to find appealing features in those around her. It did, however, make her thirst for far-away places cumbersome. Settling down had never been part of the plan, but she was doing her best with it.

"Oh, I'm just swell. Say, I was hunting for treasure, but what on earth are you doing out in this muck? Is it part of how you keep your legs so buff? Trudge through the wastes and whatnot," the coywolf inquired with a quirked brow. It would certainly make sense. After all, Siv hadn't been able to free herself from the mud, but Star had been more than capable.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star thought about it. What really had she been doing here? Hunting, maybe. That must of been it. "I might've been hunting or something. I'm not sure why. Maybe just exploring." She said. "I guess pulling myself- and other people- out of mud helps to strengthen me?" She said a little jokingly, with a small roll of her eyes. She usually didn't joke around at all.
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Is it okay if we fade here? :) We could have another one sometime soon.

“Hunting monsters? Because I’m pretty sure that normal prey animals wouldn’t be chillin’ out in this mess,” Siv suggested with a wild grin and raised brows. “Unless the normal prey had something awful happen to ‘em, see, and they were morphed or mutated into something much more grotesque and now only creepy critters roam these lands,” she then continued on with a small chuckle and a shake of her head, realizing that she was only be silly.

But! With a yip from her mouth and a wicked grin on her slender muzzle, Siv sprung forward and her long legs seemed to quiver with excitement. “Let’s go see if we can find some?” she invited the white-furred wolf to explore the wild marshes in search of monsters. If anything, they would find only darkness and an eerie aura about the place, but it would still prove to be something wonderful and fun for the two wolves to end their day with.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
sure! Last post, i'll archive

Star listened as Siv Savoy spoke more, her strange unique personality coming through in parts of her speech. Star giggled- yes, giggled- when Siv talked about mutated prey. An image popped into Star's mind of a rabbit thing with no eyes and cockroach antennae. She laughed a little at her own thought. "Sure." She said, and began to follow the enthusiastic wolf through the swamp, ready to pull her up if she began to sink.