Ocean's Breath Plateau fly a boat or float your favorite kite
36 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
They followed nothing but their whimsy, which led them now to the coast. Despite all their globetrotting, they had never seen the ocean before. It stoked such awe in Totoro that they seated themself on a dune overlooking a small bay and sat there for hours, simply gazing out to sea and trying to comprehend its vastness.

Around midday, the wind shifted and Totoro turned their head to the right, surveying yet another plateau. Wolves’ scents poured off it, indicating the presence of another pack. The sandy beach sloped upward so gently that it would be easy to drop by their borders and call for someone.

Rising and brushing the sand from their legs, Totoro began moseying in that direction, giggling a little at the way the sand sifted and shifted beneath their pale paws. Soon they stood just below the plateau, where its shadow might’ve been if not for high noon. Minding the nearby scent markers, they sent up a soft howl.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
"I've fallen in love and it's changed everything"
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void was out in the territory and heard the howl near the packs borders. Unsure if he should get Rodyn or handle this himself, he decided to handle it. He approached the noise, and spotted a wolf, of who's gender he could not determine, by scent or sight. It confused him a bit but he pushed it away.

He approached them in a semi dominant position and let himself seem a little aggressive. “Hello.” He said coolly. “Is there a reason you’re here?” He asked
-----
Void is Alfa of founding pack Midnight Scar. Interested in joining? PM me!
Health (90/100)
Void is physically healthy, just a little tired and unkempt
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Void has a mate and pups, and despite his exhaustion he is beyond happy
36 Posts
Ooc —
A dark wolf materialized at the sloped borders, making his way down toward Totoro. They noted the way he held himself and quickly checked their posture: head tucked low; eyes politely averted; tail low and wagging slowly behind them. They wanted him to know they were no threat whatsoever.

Halloo! they greeted, the warmth in their voice hopefully thawing some of the frost in his. I have no particularly compelling reason to be here, I was just curious about the pack in residence. My name is Avery, though I mostly go by my nickname, Totoro. Could I get your name? And the name of your pack? Totoro queried with all the amiability they could muster.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
"Avery." Void said repeating the wolf's name. Until he was more comfortable with them he'd use their given name. "I am Void, and this pack, my pack, well, the pack my friend founded that I am a part of, is called Moontide. We're kinda a subunit of Moonglow, and Moonspear is as well, but we're our own pack. We have spiritual ways, I am still learning most of them, but our leader Rodyn could explain it more to you. Are you interested in joining?" Void said, dropping his aggression but still holding his dominance.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
36 Posts
Ooc —
He insisted on calling Totoro by their proper name, the repetition of which earned a small, smiling nod from them. They went still as he returned their introduction, giving a name and then a slightly awkward description of his pack, which was actually part of a larger collective. This piqued Totoro’s interest greatly, as did the mention of spiritual practices.

Well, how could I be sure, as I know nothing about the pack yet aside from its name? they replied guilelessly. I would love to hear more. May we call for this Rodyn?
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void nodded. "Sorry I couldn't be much more help explaining it, we're a new pack and Rodyn is still teaching me."

Void let out a howl for his friend @Rodyn.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
36 Posts
Ooc —
Oh, do not apologize! Totoro insisted warmly. I look forward to meeting Rodyn and learning more about Moontide, though it is still nice to meet you. And I would love to keep chatting while we wait. Will you tell me more about yourself, Void? You said Rodyn is your friend, that he founded this pack. How did the two of you meet?
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
"We met when I first moved to these areas, about a year ago. I was a really hostile, aggressive guy then and pretty much fought anyone I saw, but for some reason, I felt something when I met him and instead of attacking him I befriended him. We traveled some together for some time but he joined Moonglow and I stayed a loner for a long time. And then I finally joined Moonglow to be with him again, and a little bit after that he founded Moontide and asked me to join with him, and of course, I did. So yeah. And I have kids now, but I don't know any of them. Its still cool to know they exist though." Void said giving half his life story to this stranger.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
36 Posts
Ooc —
His story was not unlike many others they had heard, though they listened as though it was the most riveting tale that had ever passed their ears. Totoro still sensed the aggression within Void, perhaps better bridled than before but still present. It sounded as though Rodyn was a good influence, their friendship softening Void’s sharp edges. Totoro smiled throughout the telling.

Then Void mentioned children he didn’t know, which caused Totoro’s blue eyes to widen. Their mind immediately flew to Marie. Was she carrying Totoro’s children, among others? They would never know! But like Void, they could only agree that knowing they were out there somewhere—with Marie and her loving family—was a profound pleasure.

Aye, there is something about magical about being a parent, even if you are not directly involved with your offspring, Totoro murmured, wondering if it would be rude to ask before deciding to go ahead. May I ask you a personal question? You do not have to answer. But I am curious why you do not know them? What about their mother?
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void nodded. "There really is, I tried last year, but I had the wrong intentions and ideas about approaching women..." He said, not going into detail though. "And uhm, I know the mothers kind of, one is a trans man wolf in Epoch, and the other is a loner. The trans man has a mate already and specified that our fling was just for pups, but I don't know about the loner. Perhaps I could find her and our young some time. I won't bother the Epoch family though, or go looking for my young that way, as I don't want to make things confusing." Void explained.

"May I ask you a question? Are you and man... or a women, Totoro?" He asked, using the wolf's chosen nickname now that he was more comfortable.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
36 Posts
Ooc —
A slight feeling of unease passed through Totoro at this particular detail about Void’s past. They kept in mind that he had changed for the better since, though their inner feminine remained disquieted even as they continued to listen raptly to his every word.

What is this ‘trans man’ you speak of? they asked curiously, having never heard this particular term despite their own gender ambiguity. I quite understand that, they added quietly, once more thinking of Marie.

Totoro gave Void a moment to answer his question, which worked as a nice segue into responding to his own inquiry. It was a common question, one they did not mind fielding, though they felt a slight misgiving as they recollected Void’s references to his previous treatment of women.

I am neither, they said, which they usually followed with, “I am both,” though today they did not.

In fact, they did not elaborate at all, instead saying, Did you and this loner discuss the possibility of pups when you laid together? Perhaps she wanted to raise them alone. I have heard of such things…
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void noticed the unease. "I assure you, I just tried to over dominate them, it wasn't anything physically forced, I was just very misogynistic." He said quickly, hoping to clear things up.

"He is a man who was born a women, from what I gathered. I didn't talk to him much, but he told me he was a man after we mated, despite being born a women. I don't really understand it but its fine with me." He said

Void nodded. "I have heard of that before." He said to their response to his question. "What should I call you though... he... she... they..?" He said, having heard of that one being used before.

"We barely talked. Just exchanged names and I told her my pack. Haven't seen or heard of her since, or smelled her either. I do hope she is well though."
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
36 Posts
Ooc —
Totoro’s expression froze when it seemed as though Void reached right into their mind and plucked out their thoughts. They were certain they hadn’t given away the nature of said thoughts through their facial expressions or body language, so how had he known what they were thinking? Now they fell truly ill at ease, a fairly alien feeling to the merry little wolf.

Despite being an avid listener, Totoro truthfully did not hear much of what Void had to say otherwise. Their ears were ringing a little. They took a step back, their discomfort much more obvious now. If not for the ominous subject matter, Totoro might have been fascinated by this evident sorcery, especially with their upbringing. But there was something deeply unsettling about this wolf.

Please extend my sincere apologies to Rodyn, they said, but I have to be going.

Totoro didn’t feel they owed Void an explanation, though very likely he could sort it out for himself, especially if he could read minds. Totoro offered a polite curtsy, then dipped and retreated with some haste, their pale heels kicking up sand as they returned to the neighboring beach.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: cursing

Fuck.” Void muttered to himself. He always had to ruin things when he got sincere and slightly brought up his older self. 

He didn’t want to be a failure and mess everything up though. “Please. Wait. Wait for Rodyn. Talk to him please I’ll leave but don’t give up on the pack because im shitty at talking to others.” Void begged
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)