Ravenshook Cliffs I used to rule the world...
"Hurt any o' 'em and yer gonna 'ave me fangs at yer throat."
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Private 
@Void here we are! Short post because I have to leave in 20 minutes for class!

They trotted along the cliffside, on the outskirts of a pack they had scented on the wind. It was a beautiful location for one that truly filled their heart with a renewed sense of hope. The ocean sparkled in the light and caught their eye. It smelled of salt, birds, and endless possibilities - far greater than the nowhere land they had come from. 

Maybe their own pack could be founded around here. It was too early to tell, they thought. The black she-wolf arrived a few days prior and was certainly more focused on food.

Hunger was not a problem for them, devouring a bird that had been unceremoniously bitten and had its neck snapped. It wasn't the biggest bird, but Meylodi definitely knew that they couldn't pick their prey entirely and a prey lost was another day without any.
May you live as long as you want,
and never want as long as you live.
"I've fallen in love and it's changed everything"
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void hadn't been to the waters edge, or well, a cliff or high place in a while, since he left the mountains, so he decided to go to the cliffs near Moontide to perhaps hunt or just lounge. He half hoped to run into someone though as he did enjoy social interactions these days.

To his luck, there was someone there. Someone he read as female, but of course, he could be mistaken. It was not uncommon these days to find wolves of different genders than they appeared. But regardless, a wolf with this assigned sex drew him in, even though they weren't in heat. "Heyyyy..." He said, a little flirtation already in his tone. The wolf looked like him, spare the gray on their paws and one that was white. They were otherwise a solid black like himself. "You look like me a bit. I'm Void." He said for an introduction, holding himself in a semi dominant and very confident pose.

not a short post for me lmao. i only really write posts like this length and often much shorter
-----
Void is Alfa of founding pack Midnight Scar. Interested in joining? PM me!
Health (90/100)
Void is physically healthy, just a little tired and unkempt
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Void has a mate and pups, and despite his exhaustion he is beyond happy
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
In luck was she, or he, or they - Meylodi wasn’t quite certain of their own gender and used the pronouns interchangeably. It didn’t matter in most cases. 
The she-wolf ate her prey for a second, tearing off a chunk and downing it before her golden gaze struck a wolf as black as a moonless night. She stood tall and proud, her large form grazed by fewer scars than he. There was no weakness in her heart.
Though confused about gender terminology, she preferred males to females. His voice, however, intrigued her greatly. 
Void, huh? Ain’t that an interestin’ name for an ‘andsome man like you, her own voice was quite hard to detect, subtly feminine. Name’s Meylodi. Meyl works if that’s too difficu’t fer your tongue.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Nah I can handle Meylodi.” Void said a smug look as she complimented his appearance and he basked in it. “So Meylodi, you knew to these areas? I’ve lived here for quite some time and not seen you around, which would be been hard to do if you weren’t new since i usually spot the attractive wolves like you.” He said smugly again, flirtation hot on his tongue
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Can't say I am overly familiar with it she circled him for a moment, her tail following behind her. He smelled of the pack on the land up a way. Got to this coastline a few days ago. Pre'y place fer a pack, ain't it? No wonder they chose it as their home. 

Meyl stopped her circling next to him, breathing in his scent, blood still on her muzzle. Ya smell like yer part o' that pack up the way.

His tone gave her a hope that she could make her dreams a reality. 

Ya like it there?
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void nodded. When she sniffed him he sniffed her too, liking, and frankly being aroused by the scent of blood on her muzzle. “Yeah it’s pretty here. I’m from the mountains but i moved down here to be with my buddy, who runs the pack. I want to have my own pack someday though.” Void said.

My buddy’s actually out right now talking to the spiritual leaders of our pack to try and find me a match to be my mate.” He said. He frankly wasn’t even sure if what was happening right now with him would be allowed, he wasn’t sure how mates worked in the Moon packs.

It’s fine there.. just again, want to be out running my own pack. I don’t like being told what to do and Rodyns really good with knowing that but it’s still.. not me. If he finds me a mate then i’ll probably move out of the pack with her.” He said, dropping some of his flirtation.

so i completely forgot rodyn was out talking to the matchmaker but uhm if that doesn’t work out we could have these two interact again in a flirty way but for right now Void’s gonna drop his act till he finds out the news. we can continue this rp though so they know eachother more anyway!
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Honestly, Meyl's not gonna let herself be anyone's mate if they don't prove themself first anyway :). Probably a good thing she's not currently in heat.

I wanna have my o'n pack someday, too. she said, parting from him. They were quite alike, weren't they? Runnin' with the wind in my fur an' a pack at my back, her tail wagged slightly, her eyes lost in a daydream for a moment. Yearlings, and older adults, running on the coastline together in the sunset, the light reflecting off the sea and sparkling. She sighed as she brought herself back to reality. Now that be the life fer me. As it turns ou', I am also a wolf who doesn't like bein' told what ta do. 

She stopped for a moment and listened, and then got close again. Just shy from her nose on his muzzle. Well, lemme say this. You look pre'y strong, so... fight me. Ya don't have ta win er nothin', but if ya pu' up a good fight, and yer she-wolf from ta matchma'er don't work out, ya can run away with me. That way, we both get w'at we want.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
"we really are alike. I never thought there was someone out there like me." Void said. And when she told him to fight her to prove himself it just proved his point even more. "Wow its so crazy how alike we are, thats what I used to do. Pressure women to fight me to prove themselves." He said, truly amazed how much Meylodi was like him.

He nodded at her challenge though. "Lets do this." He said, dropping into an aggressive battle stance. It had been a WHILE since he'd last fought anyone and he was EXCITED.

I made a tabletop thread for this, here. Void rolled a 9 so thats 9 damage

He started to circle his opponent, before he lunged in towards her chest, trying to bite her and push her to the ground at the same time, as his shoulders were thrusting into her as well and he was putting a lot of force.

Void HP- 20/20 | Meylodi HP- 11/20
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Well, I wouldn't want a man who can't protect a li'er, eh?

She could feel the male's teeth on her fur, trying to pin her and herself falling to the ground. Aye, ya got a fight'r in ya, don't cha? her voice trailed in a playful growl as she tried to deliver her own bite back, twisting under him to get a better angle.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void felt the bite on his inner upper leg but once he was in the fighting zone pain didn’t register. He had her pinned and he threw a bite to her cheek, trying to rip his teeth down her flesh. He had his paws on her shoulders too, digging his claws in there and pushing with a lot of pressure to apply maximum pain.

void rolled an 11 so that wipes out the rest of her HP. She can roll once more if you want but he’s victorious.
Void HP- 14/20
Meylodi HP- 0/20
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
A yelp escaped her throat as the stronger wolf's teeth raked down her cheek and his claws dug into her shoulders. Pain shot through the smaller - if only just - wolf, like the lightning in her eyes, twisting her head in such a way to clamp her jaws on his. 

It may have been odd, but that was a custom in her old pack, one she agreed with. If a wolf can't prove themself in a fight, they weren't worth the time of another. Even if the spar was over quickly, he'd definitely proven himself. At least, with fighting. Protecting was only half a mate's duties, after all.

Red trickled down her face.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void backed off after that last strike he threw. She tried to bite his mouth but her teeth barely made contact. He released his pressure and stepped to the side, realizing he’d hurt her. “Are you.. ok?” He asked, a little nervous
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
It'll prob'ly leave a scar but, eh, a clean-coat's got no place formin' a pack, she tried to stand after he backed off, but she found it a bit difficult and sat down instead. If her legs were leaking crimson, it was hidden in her pelt. The pain still lingered. Yer certainly a wolf who won't back down, eh? 

Her thoughts were spoken aloud. Well, it's hard huntin' with legs that hurt an' a face that won't quit stingin', so I s'pose that puts me out o' comiss'in fer a day er two, at the least. She didn't want to admit she was helpless, merely give him the opportunity to offer his assistance. Shouldn't be huntin' yer pack's birds 'til then, eh? She chuckled.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
"I could hang with you, help you hunt some. I'm really sorry I hurt you." Void said, being genunine. He didn't want this.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Mighty kind o' ya, Meylodi nodded, wincing as the wound on her face brought her fresh pain. She lay back down, letting the breeze ruffle her fur. An' - I don't mind none that cha hurt me. Makin' that clear like. I asked for a fight; fights bring wounds - I knew what could happn'. How'd ya think I got my ear nicked or the claw scars 'cross my face? Didn't get 'em layin' down. she chuckled. 

An'... I'd... admitting she needed help was hard. 'Preciate not bein' alone. Been without a pack for 'bout a year now. Life ain't easy fer a loner, ya know?
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void nodded. “i’ve lived as a loner practically whole life until recent times, i had to leave the nest and an extraordinarily young age because my mom abandoned me and my brothers. We all parted ways young too but barely survived our first few months together as we were just babies left out alone in the wild.” Void said. “Even if the matchmaking does work and i find a mate that way, i’d love to have you in my future pack, perhaps we could even found it together. Midnight could be a cool name for it, matching our pelts.” He said
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
I'm sorry that happened to ya. Meyl's voice trailed in a soft whine. Can't imagin' what would make a mo'er leave her children. Her pain expression lifted up to rest her head under Void's, in a gesture of comfort. The red on her face had stopped leaking. 

She had no idea what it was like living without a mother that early, having grown up her parents' only female child and their little bandit princess. The she-wolf's heart ached for Void, not being to imagine the loneliness he must've felt for who knows how long... Midnight sounds like a wonnerful name. Sounds right with my name, don't cha think? 

Softer, she added, An' if it helps any, I... wouldn't leave ya in the cold. Or yer children, even if I weren't their mo'er or yer mate.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
"She was real young, and wasn't ready to handle us four boys." Void said. "We were a handful." He said, chuckling, not really remembering his mother but remembering his early days living with his brothers.

He appreciated her comfort.

"Midnight works well with both of us. Midnight Meylodi. Midnight Void. Both sound epic." He said in agreement.

"I really do appreciate that Meylodi." He said as she said she'd never leave him.

"Here, let me start making you a den to stay in for a couple days." He said, and he started to scan the area for a spot.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Meylodi nodded before wincing, leaving her own past a mystery until he wished for it. It was different than his, and the dark-pelted wolf didn't want to make herself look arrogant. Her old pack didn't offer their own story to newcomers that didn't ask. Frostcrest were bandits, not fools.

Aye, lead ta way, she sniffed the wind, finding herself unable to be of much use, as painful as it gripped her heart to know of it. This nose o' mine's not... quite doin' it fer me.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void nodded and he soon brought her to an old tree, its roots showing. "This will do fine." He said. "I'm going to dig a den under the tree, the roots will be an entrance." He told her. "While I dig though, why don't you tell me about yourself?" He asked.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
She followed and sat down at the side of the tree, so she wouldn't be in the way, and began to recount her tale. Well, I hail from a land way up north from 'ere, though it 'scapes me what we called it. My pack, how'ver, we called ourselves Frostcrest, after our founders and me gr'at-grans. We prided ourselves on our scars, bein' scourges on ta land and takin' what we wan'ed or nee'ed. Had one o' the largest territ'ries o'er there, and a pack twen'y strong. Me fa'er, our chief, he was gettin' old like, slowin' do'n - and me brother Rofis deci'ed to challenge 'im fer his throne, an' won. Reorganized us, an' said I was gon' do as he told, like a la'y should. Didn't like a loud-mouth and wan'ed me ta marry who he said. But a ban'it princess like me ain't gonna follow no one but herself like, an' instead I said forg't 'em; an' took off 'bout a year ago. Been on my own e'er since, 'til I found you. 'Bout sums my life up pre'y nice.

During her story, she had laid down, watching Void do his work and a tinkling of I shouldn't need 'is help and ... but I kinda wan' it-... kinda like it- made her heart confused.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void listened carefully to his story, even through the sounds of his digging. He nodded, as she recounted everything and at the end, called up to her, (from under the ground he'd just dug out), "As you should, no need to follow someone's word, you did the right thing, getting off on your own." He said.

He dug for a little bit longer, smoothing out the area and making sure Meylodi would have room to move around, and then digging a little dip for her nest. He then backed out of the den, got some moss and bracken and leaves from the nearby woods and trees and built her a nest. He then stepped out and nodded for her to go in the den.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Be'er ta live thin an' free than to fo'ow another's word ya disagree with.

Her dark form ducked under the tree roots and confidently stepped into the den he had dug, almost disappearing entirely in its shadows. Scents of dirt and moss floating from all sides; of an ancient tree that held more stories than her gran on a rain-filled day. The bedding he'd used for her felt soft to her tired paws and sore muscles, so she lay down almost immediately. 

Two fierce eyes stared out the entrance. 

Cozy.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
"I'm glad." Void said. "I'm gonna go hunt something now, I'll be back in a few." He said and raced off.

A little while later he returned with 2 trout fish and 3 rabbits. "This should last you a couple days." He said, giving her most of the prey. He held on to 1 rabbit though, to bring back to Moontide. "I'm gonna go now but I'll be back early tomorrow morning to check in." He promised.

"See ya Meylodi." He said.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)