Silver Moraine Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line
45 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
It felt like there was too much to say; the pile of words she wished to reveal cowered behind her lips. It left her cold, isolated. She pondered, that was what she wanted right? Cold isolation with only supervised tangents of socialization, but that wasn't what she had with Omnium. She quieted. It was time to move, to travel in the brisk of the morning air. Their roving was largely silent. Both in the depths of their own mind, at least that was Etephyrs excuse. She wasn't oblivious to the glances Omnium was pilfering, the side of her eye catching his thefts, she wondered if he was queuing her to say something. He would have got nothing from her if that were the case, every sentence would have unfurled into a mess of unintelligible garbage. Too much of a good thing was detrimental, and Omnium was that good thing. 

The land they traversed went easy on Etephyr. Far-reaching plains, grassy knolls peppering the earth as far as her eyes could see. Through the wind and the rain, it was worth seeing what was on the other side. Etephyr huffed out a nearly inaudible laugh at the phrase, "the grass is always greener on the other side.". She looked to Omnium, and to her detriment, it was. 

Having enough of the silence, the herculean man spoke of his previous travels with his sister. Etephyr recalled the mention of a sister, an estranged sister. She remembered much of his words but to believe them entirely would surely cause her to fall on her own sword. Listening to the rest of his story, Ete made sure to acknowledge him with glances as they walked. He spoke of a particularly cold winter, where his only option for survival was to hide in the corpse of a cervid. 

As much as Etephyr wanted to inquire about family, the memory of the last time she did with another wolf sprung to mind. She would hold her tongue. "I see." She said plainly, almost disinterested, but she was simply occupied by thought. Silence dragged on for a moment more before she found her words. "Surely that staved off any visitors. If isolation is what you want, why did you leave? What better place to live than a place no one wants to be. Could you not adapt?" Her words were nearly insidious, a small bid for a sense of control, knowing their doom drew closer with each step. 
No one ever told me I made sense, so I stopped trying to.
Thread limit (1/2)
Messages In This Thread
Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line - by Omnium - May 28, 2023, 02:09 AM
RE: Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line - by Etephyr - May 28, 2023, 12:44 PM
RE: Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line - by Omnium - June 05, 2023, 01:01 AM