Lost Creek Hollow Crude from the walls of no sleep
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
@Crowfeather @Silvertongue I took him off NPC and then he fell out so fast LOL so I put him in loner, can he be added back? <3 thank you
He had not been there.
Kel had been away, hunting for @Doedapple when it had happened — but that was no excuse. He should have been there. With her. And now...
Now he hardly knew what to say. He brought a rabbit for her, not daring to let himself hope that she would actually eat it this time. Doedapple? He called softly into the den which had always been more hers than his, more for their child than either of them. Their child. Kel's heart ached, but he tried to stifle it. Doedapple needed him to be strong now. Even so, he could feel the slow shattering beginning, the deep webbing cracks forming over him; he knew that this was his fault. His curse. He'd meant to tell her about it — but now he never could. He didn't think he could stand for her to know.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
She had ate some, slept some, but it was easy to slip back into that mindless state, half awake, half aware, half alive. Doedapple had taken up position against the back wall, her rapidly dropping weight evident even with her slender, domestic frame.

One heavy eyelid opened at the sound of her..something. The woman raised her head, as much as she could, her eyes tired.

Kestrelcloud… Quiet, raspy, barely there. They hadn’t been wed, Doedapple realized with a pang, their child would have been born out of wedlock. Just like her mother had always said about some of the more scandalous women around the kingdom.

Their children always suffered the most.

Doedapple speaks both French and English, though she prefers English
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
He stepped into the den and set the food down where she could reach it. Is there anything I can do? Kel asked quietly, fighting to keep the despair from his voice. He reached out to place a paw on her shoulder, afraid to touch her more than that. They'd never been closer than they were that day — and now he worried that she would only associate his touch with this pain.
Do you think it might help to get away for a bit? He suggested next. He felt helpless. Away from Riverclan. Could go anywhere, the two of us.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
She gave a short shrug.

Maybe..but we shouldn’t leave Riverclan without its dreamleaves, right? But what did they do besides heal? 

They had Ash Paw for that. Doedapple’s mouth wobbled, and she closed her eyes for a moment. She’d learned, slow and painfully, to just let the waves of grief wash over her.

Eventually, she leaned into Kestrelcloud’s touch, using a paw to pull the rabbit closer to begin tearing into it with small bites.

I have been to the south, far as you can go, but never stayed long.

Doedapple speaks both French and English, though she prefers English
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
They'll cope, He said, brightening to see her finally eating something. Kel put one arm around her tentatively and thought about what he knew of the lands beyond Riverclan. Not much, but... Passed through that way when I first got here. Supposed to be plenty of packs out west, I heard.
But do you want to meet people? I didn't see many people when I went north. Didn't find any packs, It was in her hands entirely. Kel only wanted to see her smile again; he hoped that the sight of it would steady what had been shaken loose in him. She had almost died. He could live with the loss of their child, though he could see that it hurt her greatly — but to lose her? Nothing was worth that.