Blacktail Deer Plateau Picking wildflowers
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
@Finley ? :)

As soon as Dante had heard the news from Lasher, he had decided to pay their guest a visit. With everything that had been going on, though, he didn't get around to it until now. Apparently she had had no shortage of visitors, for Dante had heard Peregrinw had once more visited their lands.

Stepping up to the den's mouth, he peered in, not wanting to disturb her if she was resting. "Finley?" He said softly, not wanting to wake her if she wasn't already cogniscient. "You up?" Well, not up.... But she'd know what he meant.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin was merely "resting her eyes" when a voice roused her from a "day" dream she was having about "no one". She woke with a slight start to see Dante's face peeking in the doorway at her--a perfectly welcome sight considering where the dream she'd been having was taking her. On one hand, her dreams of late had often been amusing in their extreme eccentricities. On the other, they were also at times very, very awkward, exploring parts of her friends that she did not actually want to see, even in the subconscious.

But anyway. "Is that... Is that you, God?" she replied softly, exaggerated wonder in her voice, "Is it time to go now?" Fin gave Dante a look of awe, though the corners of her lips were quick to turn up in a telling grin.

Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante saw the grin and shook his head. "Sorry, they didn't want you. Something about your smart mouth." He teased in return, glad to see she must have been feeling somewhat better. "I figured I better come by, see how you were doing." He considered her a packmate while on their territory, so felt it right. Besides, it was hardly a chore. He counted Finley a friend and nothing had changed.

"I hear thrilling tales occurred involving a bear. Why am I not surprised," he said, looking at her with clear amusement. Likely she'd already recieved an interrogation from... Well, everyone.. So he wasn't about to ask why. It just brought back memories of their first encounter. "Didn't anyone ever tell you to pick on something your own size?"
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
"Dang..." Fin replied with a exaggerated frown, which swiftly transformed into a grateful smile as he explained that he'd come to see how she was doing. Her tail wagged gently at her haunches. She had always enjoyed the man's company. He was definitely one of those whom she had missed once she left for the Caldera, but home was where Peregrine and Fox were. The pair of them were like the brother and sister she... Well, she had a lot of those. But she was probably closer with the Redleaf-DiSarinnos than ever she'd been with any one of her siblings.

Finley gave him a cheeky grin when he brought up the bear. She was grateful that he didn't ask for the whole story to be retold. At that point, she was getting rather bored with repeating it, even knowing she'd have to do it all over again when she finally was able to return to the Caldera. To his final comment, she gave him a look of mild surprise. "Y'know, it actually looked like it was a super small bear, so I thought I was good," Fin quipped, "Turns out I was just looking at it from really far away. It was pretty big up close."

1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"You sure that bear didn't whack you on the skull? Cuz that's some seriously bad depth perception you got there." There weren't many around who he could exchange banter with this. The Plateau had missed her presence and he was glad she was back, if only until she recovered. "Though it serves you right, trying to pick a fight with a poor super small bear. Karma will get you." He shook his head in mock chastisement.

"I'm glad you didn't get yourself dead, though. Where would the poor stags get their entertainment from then?" It was a throwback he figured she'd appreciate. He wasn't sure how often she went deer-baiting but guessed it to be not infrequent considering her habit of, well, trouble.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin attempted to suppress her smile as Dante shot back what she gave him, but found it difficult. He was quick-witted--a formidable opponent, and an enjoyable one. She hung her head in response to his chiding. "I know, I've been a bad girl..." she pouted, gazing at her paws as though truly remorseful, her tail wagging all the while.

"I would think that you could step in for me," Fin replied in reference to the stags, "I mean, I trained you myself; I know you could manage." He was quite right, it wasn't unusual for her to torment deer and other hoof-ed creatures. They were a lot less dangerous than predators, and thus a lot less fun, but still entertaining when she just needed a good sport.

1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She didn't seem to have many regrets about the encounter despite her playful posing and again Dante failed to be surprised about it. As a friend he of course worried that her antics would catch up with her but as he wasn't her superior in any way it wasn't his place to speak up. He would only be reiterating, again, what had already been said many times doubtless as well, so he simply chuckled.

"I have my doubts that anyone could fill in for you, but I would give it an attempt. The stags would at least get some entertainment in any event, even if it is laughing at my attempts." In a hunt he was a formidable foe but when nothing was on the line he tended towards the non-aggressive route. The only reason he had acted as he had with her was because she had been (percieved to be) in danger.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Dante kept their game going which Fin appreciated greatly. She had been chastised quite a bit about her decision to antagonize a bear for fun. She understood everyone's displeasure at it, especially when she'd inadvertently gotten one of their packmates tangled up in the mess as well, but it still got rather old. Fin had taken it with a grain of salt and kept her mouth shut, all the while wondering what they'd say if they knew of all the other stupid and reckless things she'd done in her life that made "playing with a bear" sound more like "playing with a bunny".

She shook her head at his words, laughing gently. She couldn't really think of another witty remark, so she decided to let the conversation change track a little. "How's alpha-hood, Dante?" Fin asked curiously. It hadn't been surprising for her to learn that he had stepped up to become alpha. As much as she liked Blue, she just couldn't imagine the gentle she-wolf leading the pack (even though she actually had been alpha alongside Peregrine when Fin had first come to the Plateau). She seemed the type of woman that needed a strong man to lead alongside of, whereas Fin was quite convinced that she and Fox could easily rule the Caldera into a new age of badassery the likes of which the Teekon Wilds had never even dreamed of.

1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She asked the question that most had, and just as always he didn't really have a good answer. "It's been good so far. I'll let you know in a while though." He hadn't been in the position long at all and had no idea the trials just around the corner. "Something tells me it's a harder job than it looks."

"How's you guys' new territory? Is it beautiful?" He'd like to hear a bit about it if she was willing. He was curious what it was like.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
"Eh, just hire yourself another beta and pass off all the responsibility to them," Fin teased with a smirk, "I'm pretty sure that's why Peregrine and Fox promoted me--so I could do all the work while they go make babies all day long. Joke's on them though. I'm gonna burn the pack to the ground just for funsies." Mirth danced in her eyes as she made her claim. She didn't for a second believe Fox would ever promote her for selfish reasons like that. Peregrine... Yeah, maybe. He did really enjoy bonin'. While to Dante it might have seemed like a task he wasn't up to doing, but Fin had perfect faith in his ability to lead the Plateau, and also that he'd come to realize that himself after a time.

"The Caldera's nice," Fin replied with a shrug, "It's pretty vast, lots of hills. I haven't been able to do much exploring of it yet, but there's a pretty big lake with an island in the middle of it that I have my eye on. I'm thinking I'll need the water to freeze good and solid before I can get to it, though." See? She's not completely crazy. She usually attempts things with a plan in mind--even if sometimes the plan is to barely escape with her life.

1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She had no way of knowing that Dante had been considering just this. It would be some time before Blue Willow brought the idea to the forefront, but he smiled anyway. "I'll have to keep that as an option. What's the point of being in charge if you can't foist the work off on everyone else? See, I'm learning." That made him laugh, for obviously this was not in any way what he actually thought of leadership. Didn't he wish sometimes though. He partially laughed also in appreciation of her words as well. He had little doubts Perry and Fox would have their paws full. "Congrats on the promotion."

He wouldn't categorize traipsing on a frozen lake particularly 'safe', but he knew it was probably downright tame by her standards so didn't mention it. "Sounds gorgeous." He doubted he would see it, though. He didn't make a habit of wandering and even if he did he would not be allowed so far in their territory he was sure. If he were more naturalist-inclined he would probably be more bothered, but as it was he was content.

"Well, Fin, gotta get back to throwing orders. Let me know if you need anything, though!" He had doubts she would, not with Blue watching over her.

throwing a wrap on this <3
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin chuckled softly at Dante's response. She enjoyed his wit and his calm demeanor. She always had, making him one of the wolves she missed from time to time in her new life at the Caldera. When he bid her farewell, she responded in kind, a little wistfully. It was a feeling that lasted as he left her, and the same one to which she fell back asleep only a little while after he'd gone.