Big Salmon Lake twixt the two a witch shall falter
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey knew that she was not Peregrine and the other way round. They were as different as two people could get, yet they had been friends from the very beginning. They had found a common language and up until now had she never found a friend more understanding and caring than him. She loved him unconditionally - with all his flaws and such, with all the mistakes he made - the bond they shared was very strong. A stood above everything.

Therefore Lasher's observations of her brother being cruel and harsh came as a surprise to her, for she had never seen any of those traits in him. Impulsive? Yes, definitely, and he could make stupid things, when he acted on emotions rather than on rational decisions. But otherwise? It was hard for Osprey to admit that there were things she didn't know about her brother that well. That during this year she hadn't spent nearly as much time with him to judge his character properly.

"What makes you think that I am so different from Peregrine?" she asked after a long pause. "I mean - you don't know me that well, maybe I am those things too - harsh, cruel - I just don't let them show."
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony

her observation, her question, it was astute, and for a series of moments taltos walked alongside the silver osprey, quiet. "i do not see such in you," the man rejoined at last. with peregrine, whom he loved completely, he had sensed for some time a colder facet to the man's otherwise clear demeanour. but with the woman beside him, taltos felt no such thing.

"do you think that you are cruel?" he asked. "you came across me grieving here, osprey," taltos continued, pausing to find her eyes with his own. "a cruel sort might have kept upon their way, or mocked me. you did not."

<style type="text/css">.lasher1 {width: 380px; background-image:url('http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/kiba_in_paradise/lasher1.png'); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#e4ebf6; border:1px solid #9f95b5; padding-top:200px; margin:auto; }.lasher2 {color:#9f95b5; font-family:georgia; width:370px; border-top:none; margin:auto; border-bottom:none;}.lasher2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px 5px;}.lasher2 b {color:#6e8bbc; font-weight:normal; text-shadow:0px 0px 0px #000000;}</style>
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Never trust your eyes," Osprey told him with a sad smile. She was thinking about her older brother and how wrong she and the rest of the family had been about him. For a moment she wondered, what were the rest of the exiled family members doing at this moment, whether they had found a new start in life or whether they had perished in the winter. "Impressions might be wrong..."

"What about you - how did you come here?" she steered the subject away from her to him.
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
wrap up with your next post? :)

her warning coaxed a hum from the man, but he did not comment upon her words. instead, he forged ahead in the territories of language surrounding his own arrival at the plateau. "i crossed the mountains, from the glen." aware that osprey would not know of which he spoke, lasher swallowed the pain of the recollection. "it was my birthplace. but i find that my heart belongs here."

"peregrine and little junior were the first blacktail pack wolves that i met," lasher revealed, padding more happily at her side. "it is my home, for as long as i might live."

<style type="text/css">.lasher1 {width: 380px; background-image:url('http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/kiba_in_paradise/lasher1.png'); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#e4ebf6; border:1px solid #9f95b5; padding-top:200px; margin:auto; }.lasher2 {color:#9f95b5; font-family:georgia; width:370px; border-top:none; margin:auto; border-bottom:none;}.lasher2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px 5px;}.lasher2 b {color:#6e8bbc; font-weight:normal; text-shadow:0px 0px 0px #000000;}</style>
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey was curious about Lasher's former home, but by the way he spoke she got an impression that it wasn't a subject he was entirely comfortable to talk about. Therefore she left it, where it was, and listened carefully, hoping to pick up another thread of conversation.

"I left my birthplace for similar reasons - it didn't feel right anymore," she recollected. "But I found my home here too. I think that is, what bind us - pateau wolves - stronger than other things," her statement was not without a flaw, but she firmly believed that those, who felt the same, would remain no matter what.

They spent an hour or two together then, having a pleasant conversation and then returning home.