Duck Lake They wanna keep it PG
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Fast forward to when they step away to speak privately!

As promised, he leads @Sovereign away and toward the lake, a place close enough to her territory so that she isn't kept away for long. 

I didn't come to pick a fight. I hadn't expected you to find a new pack so— So soon, he would have said. But then, he'd forgotten just how much time had really passed. 

For a moment, he is silent, his gaze elsewhere than her. 

It returns soon after, a warmth pooling deep in his eyes. You look so much like her. I miss her... as I missed you.

The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Gonna try and be vague/make mild assumptions for the ongoing thread in Swiftcurrent's claim <3 lmk if i need to make any changes!

Stepping away from the Creek had been a decision made with haste.
If only to stop the rest of the Pack from killing Arashi...
Maybe she'd regret it; But Sovereign felt she'd soon find out. 

The agouti man spoke...
I didn't come to pick a fight...

"Could've fucking fooled me." Sovereign rumbled, but from there, held her tongue long enough for Arashi to finish.

I just didn't expect you to find a new pack so...

Silence. A distant look in his eyes before he returned to the present. To her. 
With a warmth in his eyes as he stated 

You look so much like her. I miss her, as I missed you.

Sovereign's ears slanted slightly, and for a long time she was silent, mulling over how to respond. 

Eventually, voice softer, the Princess sighed,  
"I know I share mom's appearance, save for her physical scars. I see her every time I look at myself in the water." 

Sovereign looked away for a moment to gather herself further.

"I buried her with Ensio some time ago, before we joined Swiftcurrent. But...I have her skull." The girl admitted. 
A sharp pang of guilt streaked through her gut as she admitted to having part of her mother's remains. 
It showed itself in the small pricks of water forming in her eyes. 

Shaking her head, a heavy exhale left her maw before she looked at Arashi again, this time with an expectant air - what was his excuse for the part he played in throwing her to the monsters who had wanted her life? 

She was most definitely trying to change the subject, but the pride in her dared not care.
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
There was a heavy greif, buried deep inside of him. But he could not show it. Not here. Not now. 

She made her choice. I did not make it for her. I did not do that to her, He answers after a long moment, voice harder than he meant it to be. 

Sovereign hadn't said it, but he knew the question lingered in her mind. He would not leave it unanswered. 

She wanted to save her pack... her family. Who was I to call her selfish? To tell her to stay? Would that have only made me selfish instead? Either way, there was a fault he held. And he'd never let the guilt go.

I was broken, that day—when she left.

Again, silence. But only until his voice rises, hard and gravelly. 

She was my life. My heart... my soul. And now she's gone. He couldn't say those words. But they rang in his head, every single damned day. 

You are all I have left, Sovereign. Eventually, the truth comes. The defeat. The desperation. In him, in this moment, he is showing total vulnerability. And it is only for her to see. None else. Just as he'd been with Fury. Only she knew his deepest emotions. 

It would stay this way, for all eternity. None again would ever have this passage to what remained of his withered heart.