i gotta have you
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
<style type="text/css">.jinx {margin:auto; width:600px; text-align:justify;} .jinx q {color:#8B8B59; font-family:Georgia; font-weight:bold;}</style>
Jinx's paws sunk between clovers, bulbous mushrooms, and clumps of moss on the forest floor, but the familiarity of picking her way between tangles of undergrowth and fallen branches was one of the sole comforts of Neverwinter's secluded territory. She felt out of place on the best of days, and uncertain why she should stay on the worst of them; since she had arrived here and thrown her lot in with the pirate pack, Sos' presence had not lingered, and she had had no visions nor haunting whispers in her dreams of his intention. It felt like he wanted her here, in this area… But whatever his intentions for her were beyond that, he wasn't revealing them now.

As she paused at the edge of a well-overgrown clearing that seemed nigh impossible to navigate, she found herself yearning for the ocean. To sink her toes into the sand and let the seawater wash over her legs, to embrace her siblings within the salt-laden Bay… To wander down the coast of the Seahawk and meet with the Siren Queen, Galateia, of the Nereides. She would've given anything for those things now, for the power she had wielded and the connections she had forged, but she was too afraid to return. Too afraid what destruction would come about if she did. She had to settle for brief trips to the deciduous forest of the Heartwood for nostalgia, but she avoided it for the most part; the memories were fresh, raw, and painful.

The pale Surgeon pressed her side against a nest of needles bursting from the nearest white spruce, and she let out a sigh. There were no altars to pray at here, so she couldn't even do that to help herself feel more at home. Without the ocean, she could feel no connection to her Spirit Guide, even though the Porpoise was always with her in one way or another. It, like Sos, was ominpresent and omnipotent, but silent of late. Blinking away her uneasiness and her sadness, Jinx let her hardened gaze wander to a late-season butterfly that was flitting along the far edge of the clearing, its wings flashing iridescent against the backdrop of moss and bark.

She had nowhere to go, so allowed her rump to fall where she stood. She would need to plan something to keep herself busy, but for now, she was content to bask in the green haze of Neverwinter Forest and watch the butterfly flirting with the evergreens.
<small><i>avatar by ash</i></small>
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
omg this post is so fail. Sorry! Happy to be writing with you again though! <3

i don’t wanna be without you, babe
i don’t want a broken heart
don’t wanna take a breath without you, babe
i don’t wanna play that part
i know that i love you, but let me just say
i don’t wanna love you in no kind of way
[size=3]i don’t want a broken heart[/size]

Her mind was still reeling from the things that were going on between her and Turquoise. Her heart ached and she could feel a terrible sadness trying hard to consume all of her, but she was trying to fight it. Rivet knew that it would do her no good to allow herself to become so utterly depressed that she would want to just give up on life. Her whole world revolved around Turquoise, whether the other female wanted it to be that way or not.

Rivet clung to the hope that they would be able to work through this, just as they seemed to be able to work through everything else. The real question, though, was did Turquoise really want to work through it, or was she just doing it to appease Rivet? Either way, the ebon female was not yet ready to just give up.

Lost in her thoughts, she wasn’t paying much attention to where she was going. It wasn’t until movement from a snowy figure caught her attention that she was able to pull herself out of her thoughts. “Hi,” she calmly called out to the snowy form, and hoping she wasn’t interrupting something or whatever. “I’m Rivet.” If she was interrupting or something, she would leave, but she figured it couldn’t hurt to at least introduce herself.

615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
While Rivet's thoughts dove toward the dark and gloomy, Jinx's crept tentatively higher at long last; she missed her family, it was true, but she had to remember why she'd come here. Sos was guiding her on a journey that would eventually, she believed, lead her to fulfil her destiny, whatever it may be. She should've been looking to the sky for answers, or seeking her God's response in the quiet of morning, or the hush of dusk, but instead she was here, wallowing in sorrow that was undeserved. Her chin lifted a fraction of an inch; she was a Mambo, damnit, and she wouldn't be defeated by something as childish as homesickness.

Whatever thoughts she had been enjoying were put on hold when from the corner of her eye she spotted a figure; slowly, as though the other woman was some great secret that Jinx was not permitted to behold, she turned her head to gaze heavily at her presumed pack mate, though her heart clinched briefly when she noticed the bright orange-red of her eye. Kaskae? her mind dared question, but when Rivet glanced at her with a lack of familiarity and introduced herself in a voice quite unlike Kaskae's direct and brash tone, Jinx noticed her other eye was bright blue, and a combination of relief and disappointment flashed through her.

“Jinx,” she responded shortly, having taken to not speaking a lot, particularly since her time as Shearwater's Mambo and even moreso since she had become a loner. But, upon falling silent, she realized it probably wasn't prudent to make her packmates uncomfortable with her brevity, and so she forced herself to add in a quiet voice, “I take it you're from around here?”
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy

It had been her own idea, granting her other half the permission or whatever to do as she pleased as long as it was to Rivet that she returned to every night. She just couldn’t seem to shake the worry that even this might not work, but she was more than willing to try purely because she didn’t want to lose Turq. Only time would be able to tell how it was all going to end up playing out in the long run. For now, she could only try to get herself to not dwell on any of it and try to focus on each day as it came.

The darkly colored female dipped her muzzle down politely when the other female gave her name. “Part of the pack, yes,” she answered, nodding faintly. “Haven’t been here for too long, though.” Rivet wasn’t the greatest at striking up conversation, but she was going to try purely because it would do her good to actually meet others instead of spending her waking hours thinking about Turquoise and what she might or might not be doing. “And you?”

615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Now that she had a moment to assess the other female, she came to notice a couple things: first and foremost, that Rivet was a little shorter than her, but probably not much lighter, given Jinx was quite thin and light for her height; second, that Rivet emanated femininity in a manner that she herself never could master, giving off an aura of softness that seemed so right on her that the former Mambo had to wonder how she ever could've mistaken Rivet for Kaskae. Kaskae was very much a bull in a china shop, and Jinx didn't get that impression from Rivet; at least, not from looking at her. Jinx, like her ancestors, was far from feminine; Amazonian might've been the better word, but she was not quite as fierce as the Nereides women in appearances, either.

“Same,” she imparted, figuring there was no sense lying to this female, who likely had the wits and wiles to catch others in a lie anyway, but that was merely assumption. “Seems like most of the residents are scarce, though. You're the second one I've met aside from the leaders, and I haven't even seen them in a while.” This felt chatty, so she let her voice fall off at that point, though falling silent had about it a sort of expectant quality, almost as though she thought (or hoped) that Rivet might be able to help explain why the pack seemed filled with unseen ghosts rather than members.
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy

Rivet was definitely not the bull in a china shop type. Though she could be fiery, she was usually quite calm, relaxed, and very feminine. She didn’t really have much of a mean bone in her body, though she could become wicked angry if pushed hard enough. Right now, though, she was even more withdrawn and reserved than she usually was because of all that was going on between her companion and her. It had all taken quite a toll on her, and she could only try to hope that things would get better from here, though there was that touch of doubt that plagued her mind.

Rivet heard the unasked question after Jinx had spoken, and gave a slight nod of her head. “My companion and I were accepted into the pack by Styx, but I haven’t run into him, or anyone else other than my companion, since then. I can sometimes catch the scent of others, but I have yet to meet anyone else. You’re the first.” There was an apologetic tone in her voice, sorry that she was unable to provide much more than that.

615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
So it wasn't just her; the pack seemed scarce, and Rivet was able to confirm it. Unfortunately, that was all the woman was able to tell — she could give no information as to whether or not they were, in fact, the only wolves to live under Styx and Katrina — but it was enough to satisfy Jinx's curiosity. “We will just have to work extra hard,” she supposed, “so that we appear a mighty force, and not a handful and the scents of spirits.” Although maybe her companion wouldn't necessarily appreciate the belief that might was important; Jinx, being raised in a warrior pack like Shearwater Bay, believed that might was all any pack had.

“Who is your companion, then?” she wondered next, assuming a male companion, for homosexuality had never really made it into her thoughts. The Nereides back home had shared interesting intimacies, but the women there were not lesbians; Nanuq and Aktaie, for example, had always shared a special closeness, and Kaskae, Jinx, and Galateia had all been close at one point, but she supposed the Warchief of Shearwater Bay and the Siren Queen of the Nereides had forgotten all about her involvement by now. She had met Turquoise from this pack, but did not make any connection between the two, for the same reasons.
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
Don't forget about Firefly and Glauke ;) They were much more than just "friends" considering they had a sort of "wedding" :D

Rivet wasn’t even sure how many were or weren’t in the pack because it seemed they were so few and far between. She sometimes picked up scents from others from time to time, but she hadn’t really gone out of her way to trace the sources. It was her own fault that she hadn’t been very social within the pack thus far, but she also knew that things went two ways. It shouldn’t be just up to her to seek out others, or up to just Jinx to seek out others. Others could just as easily come seeking them out, too. It was a two way street, that’s for sure. A slight nod was given to show she agreed with Jinx’s words, though Rivet was definitely not really the warrior type.

“Turquoise,” she answered, giving a slight wag of her tail and a faint smile graced her muzzle. “We have traveled quite a bit, and are rarely apart.” Though they had their fights like any other couple did, sometimes their fights went haywire and out of control. But they were still together, so that had to account for something.

615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Of course! I've forgotten so many characters from WWS. >_> On the other hand I don't remember if Jinx knew them, or knew they were together, so... I'll pass it off as if she didn't so this reaction makes more sense.

Perhaps, in another universe, Rivet would've responded with "Romeo" or "King Lear", some definite male figure with definite flaws that needed to be countered by a woman, and Jinx would've in good faith gone in search of the wolf who luckily held Rivet by his side, and introduced herself, and included him amongst the esteemed wolves of Neverwinter that meant anything at all to her... But the Jinx in that universe would have to wait, for the name breathed to life was neither masculine nor marred.

...Oh, she exclaimed, failing to mask her outright surprise. Was it so strange, to think of females together? Perhaps to others... Jinx, having met Turquoise, could truthfully say she was happy for the pair of them, both being suitable wolves and both holding high esteem now in her mind, but there was something... Wrong, she thought. Something about it was improper. Seeing as she couldn't put her finger on it, being unaware of the mechanism of procreation and having had her very first desires stirred (unwittingly) by none other than her long-time and very off-limits mentor, and claiming disinterest in all love affairs, she did not comment on it.

Instead, she said, I met her. The Gunner, right? You are both very lucky to have each other. Even that felt weird to say, like she shouldn't be pleased about the union for some reason dictated by Mother Nature, but she was, in fact, sincere, even if in that sincerity she was inexplicably uncertain.

<style type="text/css">.jinxle {margin:auto; width:460px; padding:20px; padding-bottom:290px; border:1px solid #000012; background:url('http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/17/tzkq.png') bottom no-repeat; background-color:#8fadd6; font:13px Georgia; color:#335498; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;} .jinxle q {color:#e1f0fb;}</style>
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy

The surprise from the other female was of little surprise to Rivet. She knew that there were those who didn’t know or understand female/female pairings. Rivet just had zero interest in the male gender. She never had been, and likely never would be… unless the male held very feminine qualities, but even that was unlikely. She was far too emotionally attached to Turquoise to even think about anyone else, be they male or female. She was not at all offended by the surprise from Jinx, though. It took a whole lot more than that to offend the usually easy going Rivet.

Rivet gave a nod when Jinx spoke again. “Yeah, that’s her,” she answered, giving a smile and wag of her tail. Turquoise was her whole world. It still hurt, more than she’d admit, that the other woman had flirted with someone else and such, but Rivet would do anything it took to keep her lover happy, even if that meant sucking it up while the other woman romped around with other females. “Thank you. She’s pretty special to me.”

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »