stormy weather
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #fff;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#a8a8a8">in this castle of glass</FONT></i></span></p>
5 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
The day was overcast, the clear blue sky above obscured by thick, heavy and dark grey, omnipresent clouds that lingered in the sky like a veil cast upon the land. It was just that morning that Lazar had found himself a newly minted member of the pack he now knew as Duskfire Glacier. The DeMonte was not overly sure if it had been the right choice — jumping the gun and joining the first pack that he happened across but he reasoned that perhaps it was, at the very least, a smart choice. Winter was ravaging the lands beyond these Wilds as it would no doubt do to them when it kicked into full gear. Winter was Lazar's favorite season, though by all rights he should have grown to resent it. A rarity within his birth pack with his pristine white fur and bright glacier blue eyes he ha been picked upon relentlessly by the other children, jokingly called Winter Prince in a form of mockery because winter was a bleak time for their valley. It ravaged the pack each year and there always was a few lives lost within the harsh grasp of it. Lazar was a Frostborn despite that his mother Poe had given him her maiden name: DeMontez he was named after a man he's never met, a man that he felt no connection to. Even still, Lazar could not make it make sense.

Who was Gem DeMonte besides a name and a man who was supposedly his grandfather? Even that was just a title. Something to a him that signified that they were blood related. Lazar had never told Poe that he felt that way, never wishing to disrespect his mother's wish that be carry the legacy onwards. Secretly, Lazar had always been glad for his first name, that it reflected his Russian heiritage and thought that it ha saved him from even more picking from the Glade's other children. Tucking those thoughts away Lazar continued forth, towards the heart of Duskfire Glacier, contented to familiarize himself with the pack lands for the moment.

Ugh this post is crap. Sorry! :c
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Unless you want to forward date, I'll write assuming this is still set on Lazar's first day at the Glacier.

Two newcomers in one morning. Who would have thought? Malachi had barely had enough time to settle in little Linnéa when he'd been beckoned to the borders again. But Lazar had been an easy decision. Though Malachi had gleaned only surface information, the boy appeared a fine wolf and the sundry leader had left him to his own after he'd given the white boy a place in the pack. Yet by then murky sunlight had already swathed the land, and after a period of disgruntled assessment the young man decided his travels would have to wait for another day.

So he took to scouting instead. He'd traced the Southern borders to ease his itching paws, and now he turned back to the trees, pointing his face northward to scour the Glacier's roaming cliffs. It was not long before he found his eyes distracted by another, white fur flickering between the evergreens, and though at first Malachi thought the other could be Scarlett, a distinctively male scent corrected his first assumption. "Lazar!" Malachi beckoned and waved his tail in greeting. His paws crunched atop the fine layer of snow as he approached, and his lips curled into an amiable grin. "Scoured the whole Glacier yet?"
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5