Haunted Wood Abdim's stork
Loner
10 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
Long shadows were cast on hopping frogs and curious water rats. The forest hummed with life.

At the edge of the river, Siskin basked in the shade. His long ears swiveled, listening to the familiar babbling of the water as he watched the surface break. A bold fish leapt and landed with a splash before it swam away. The wolf smiled. His lean legs stretched out and his mouth parted in a toothy yawn.
Loner
142 Posts
Ooc — siv
Shadows always called and he leaned into them.

The water called too. The bog had been nice for plucking frogs, but deeper waters would bring better things. This was no ocean, but a river was a start.

Only he was not alone.

Someone was here who looked rather content. He hesitated his forward moment and eventually stopped, uncertain how his appearance might be taken.

makan cannot speak — i am okay if this cuts a thread short due to hard interaction!
Loner
10 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It was a peaceful scene, this image of a wolf lounging beside the water. When the shadow appeared, lurking nearby with his watchful eyes and dark fur, Siskin was nearly startled out of his stupor. Starlight eyes blinked, once, twice, before a smile curled his narrow snout and creased the edges of his gaze. 

Good afternoon, there! 

A wistful voice sounded from beside the river. Siskin pushed up until he was in a better position to greet his company. Swishing his tail, the man beckoned the shadow to approach. His gaze was bright, expectant. The murmuring waters continued to babble on, everflowing.
Loner
142 Posts
Ooc — siv
The man seemed proper and polite.

Makan watched with deep blue eyes as the other pushed upright, ears tall as he soaked in the words spoken. This was a far cry from the creatures who had claimed the heights.

Tentatively he approached on stilt-like legs. Mindful of the ground beneath him, each paw learned something new with his approach. He could not speak but maybe if he showed the man why then he would not seem so rude in the face of kindness.

He lifted his head — without the intent of dominance — to show off his throat. Old, partially covered scar tissue like a necklace.

makan cannot speak — i am okay if this cuts a thread short due to hard interaction!
Loner
10 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The wolf with willowy limbs drew nearer, eyes trained on the basking figure of Siskin. When he had closed some of the space between them, the dark figure lifted his chin and revealed his throat - scarred and tattered from an injury that must have happened some time ago. What a pity that he had endured such things.

Ah, I see… well that’s alright. I needn’t anything more than a bit of company.

Siskin offered a toothy grin.

The river would provide him with all the conversation he needed, anyway. This dark figure could rest his paws for a moment, enjoy the rays of sunlight that were cast through the trees. If anything, Siskin could talk enough for the both of them.

Are you hungry? I’ve got rabbit here, his lean figure darted to a nearby stump, sniffing for his spoils.
Loner
142 Posts
Ooc — siv
Such kindness would have once turned him into something feral and wide-eyed. Scared of what was to come, terrified that he was only waiting for another shoe to drop.

He could no longer waste all his energy on fear.

His head nodded softly, hungry indeed and willing to take advantage of kindness to fill his own stomach. If it made the other man feel good and kept himself alive then why turn it down?

As if he had entered some kind of paradise, he dared to recline and rest his front paws along the edge of the water while he waited.

Loner
10 Posts
Ooc — Teo
This was the second rabbit he had offered to a stranger in the wood. No matter. Siskin could hunt for more. The river would provide him with fish and frogs. The trees were filled with the patter of prey paws against the earth and in the rustling of the leaves.

Pulling one of his rabbits from the greenleaf, Siskin carried it proudly to his company and placed it beside the dark-furred wanderer. The riverwolf was pleased to see the other man settle into a comfortable spot. Without pause, the slim wolf plopped himself down beside his companion and flashed a foxy grin.

Please, please, do enjoy yourself. It’s quite the sight, hm?

Siskin’s starlight eyes danced along the running river water.