Whitefish River 'cause your voice trailed off exactly as you passed my exit sign
37 Posts
Ooc — Decay
with @Yukimi at his side, the two traveled as quickly as her wounded body would allow. ash did his best to maintain a manageable pace, but occassionally found himself looking over his shoulder, only to find her a few paces behind.

come on— i think there's some water up ahead... or so his nose told him. if the darn thing was even right. you need to drink something that isn't ocean water, for a change.

a grin caught his lip at the irony, but he tried his best not to laugh and seem too cruel for making the joke.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
Yukimi followed as much as she could keep up. With her breathing still on the rocks from the fracture, she kept her pace slow and steady -- and to her luck, Ash was generous enough to do the same for her sake. Hey, anything that isn't saltwater is fine by me. I think I woke up by the shore with a mouthful. the snowbird jested back, catching the grin that plastered his lips.

It was now late and the night sky was upon them, with the moon being the only thing illuminating their path. Thankfully, though, it's white light veiled down on a glittering stream -- just up ahead. Ah! I think I see it!

Maybe it would do them good to rest nearby for the night, too.
[Image: 85512331_sBCUc47O1EZtqNO.png]
Fluent in: Common, Japanese, and Norwegian. Knows some Icelandic, but isn't very good at it.
37 Posts
Ooc — Decay
added, a mouthful of sand too, knowing she felt well enough on the matter to add to the humor, he didn't hold in his chuckle this time.

he could hear the water trickling downstream, just as she announced her visual. try not to fall in, he mused, purposely falling a pace or two behind to keep an eye out while she took her fill of the river.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
Well, it's a good thing I can swim then, yeah? That's If we don't mention the part about her drowning, of course. 

Turning her attention back to the stream before her, Yuki dipped her muzzle toward the moving water and began taking her fill. It was definitely an upgrade to ocean water, and she hadn't truly realized how thirsty she was until she lapped it up.It made the young girl wonder just how long she'd drifted at sea to be in this condition. She still needed to eat something.

She rose her head back to face her new travel partner, icy eyes peering at the youth from a dark mask. Observently; there's been a question she's been meaning to ask about his own wellbeing, too. Or, more like an elephant in the room.

Would I be prying to ask where you got your own injuries?
Fluent in: Common, Japanese, and Norwegian. Knows some Icelandic, but isn't very good at it.
37 Posts
Ooc — Decay
he kept watch while she drank, focusing his attention back on her only after she'd spoken. 

his injuries. he'd nearly forgotten about them, but not where they'd come from. nothing to dwell on. don't worry about it, he answers with a simple shrug, brushing it off. 

it was better that they didn't get into the details. he'd wanted to put it behind him anyway.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
Prying; it seemed like it. As soon as she asked, Yuki was immediately shot down -- causing her ears to pin against her head. She wasn't exactly hurt -- since Ash didn't have to explain if he didn't wish to -- the dove couldn't help but be convinced it was something pretty bad. An accident? An animal attack? Or had someone consciously harmed him? Yet, who would do something so terrible to someone so young? 

She thought back to her life back home -- how her uncle had murdered her brother and, in turn, her father. Wickedness against the innocent wasn't impossible; the thought that Ash was attacked in someway had upset her.

Yet she didn't know -- couldn't say, and in the present, did not press on the subject. A-Alright...just know I'm here, if you ever need someone to listen. Okay? She said with a weary smile.