oh happy day
<small><i>avatar by ash</i></small>
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy

all welcome - early afternoon

She was happier than she had been in a long time. Heck, it had been such a while that she actually couldn’t remember the last time she’d felt this happy. Nothing and no one was going to ruin this for her. Her internal volcano was, for the time being, merely simmering. One day that volcano was going to erupt, and when it did, it was likely going to be really rather ugly. For now, though, everything was just absolutely dandy, happy and wonderful.

Now that Turquoise was starting to feel better, Rivet knew that she needed to get her butt in gear and do some pack things before their leaders started questioning whether or not she was actually part of the pack. Kissing her wife, she promised to check in with her in a couple hours, and then headed out. Though she wasn’t entirely sure just what she was going to go do, Rivet knew that she needed to do something; be it starting caches for the pack or greeting others within the pack. Either way, she had been seriously slacking in doing anything for anyone other than Turquoise, which wasn’t an entirely bad thing in her opinion, but knew that their leaders wouldn’t view it the same way she did.

Remembering her job within the pack, she headed toward the nearest border. Trotting along it, she stopped to make fresh scent markers every now and then. Maybe she’d actually run into someone and try to strike up conversation. Until then, she’d continue along the border, doing what she was doing, for the pack.

3 Posts
Ooc —
It was without joy that Warboy exited his shared den alone. He had done everything to invigorate his sister, but as he ducked out of their dank home she stayed slumbering on her side. Taking a final look in her direction before he moved away, War huffed a silent curse. He wanted to explore together, but more than that he wandered what fun she had had in her hours alone.

To an outsider looking in the male's temper may have seemed unjustified but then again it wasn't really Row that he was upset with. It was the change. Even though they had been rouges for months prior to joining Neverwinter, Warboy had managed to find a sense of constance in that existence. Everyday the awoke with the intentions of finding somewhere new, and thereafter they plundered the land for adventure before falling in a tired mess against each other. But here there was a new routine to be established and others to share it with. As his large shoulders shifted and he rolled forward an expression of discontent came across his face. Of course Row had sought his consent before enlisting them into the pack, but he had only been so honest. After all, the only thing that War sought more than routine was conformity.

Whether subconsciously or intentionally he eventually made his way back to the boarders where they had first entered the lands. Finding their scents War threw himself onto the ground and rolled heavily. Of course he needed to smell like he belonged but he still wanted to feel somewhat apart also. Resting in the mess on the ground, Warboy was about to lapse into a spell of thought when he suddenly heard a faint rustling. Turning his head towards the rear of his body, he spotted the gradual approach of another. Although he was immediately decided that the wolf was not his sibling, he continued to watch her anyways. He was intent on starting a new routine and if rising before Row and coming to the boarders was a part of it, then perhaps the stranger had some part in his new beginnings as well.
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy

thanks for joining!

As she patrolled along the border, urinating every now and then to refresh the border markings, she found herself wondering what she would do, or say, if she happened to run into Dany any time soon. There was a part of her that wanted to absolutely rip into the other female for nearly causing a breakup between her and Turquoise. And then there was another part that… well… No. There was just that part of her that wanted to rip into the snowy colored female. There was no other part playing a part in that. The volcano simmering beneath her happy exterior gurgled a bit and Rivet had to fight to keep in the good mood she had started out being in.

She hadn’t been paying a whole lot of attention to where she was going due to allowing her thoughts to consume her mind, so she almost didn’t see the male in the distance. When she did finally spot him, she halted in her tracks, thrusting her ears forward and watching him carefully. Having been spending so much time taking care of her sick mate, Rivet was unaware of the newest members of the pack. But since the male was right at the borders, she wasn’t sure if he was a member of the pack or an outsider.

Raising her head and lifting her tail slightly, the Kappa began to stride toward the male. Stopping a little bit away from him, she continued to watch him. "Can I help you?" she asked from where she’d stopped. Her nose quivered as she sniffed at the air. His mixed scent made it difficult for her to pinpoint if he was an actual member of the pack or not. It was better to error on the side of caution, though, just in case. Rivet didn’t want to jump to any conclusions just in case he wasn’t a member of the pack.

3 Posts
Ooc —
In that instant, War longed for Row. He could almost feel her glide heavily against him before stepping forth to confront the female for the both of them. However, in the beat of a blink he was forced to reconsider. He had forgotten about the difference between now and then. Thus, he was forced to guess again. Perhaps his littermate would allow the black wolf to have its way with him on the grounds that politics were... well politics.

It was a dark thought to say the least, which gave War little trouble in letting it go. Shaking his square head slightly, the male slowly gathered himself to his feet. Swiveling his grey tail between his heels, his threw his copper gaze elsewhere. Without Rowtag he was hardly invincible.

"Yes," he answered. As if her stern voice required any further clarity. In spite of himself, War searched for Row out of the corner of his eye. Where was the eager bully when he needed her most. However, realizing that he was indeed on his own momentarily the hybrid spoke for himself. "I mean no I'm just waiting for my sister..."
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy

ooc

Mismatched eyes watched the male, waiting for him to respond to her question. Since she wasn’t sure if he was a pack member or not, she didn’t want to let her guard down as of yet, just in case, because she didn’t want to just automatically assume that he either was or wasn’t. If he was, it was curious as to why he was just hanging out at the border like this. Though if he wasn’t, that brought forth the same question; why was he hanging out at the borders like this. Either way, Rivet would find out the answers to her questions one way or another.

He first answered with a yes, but before she could inquire as to what, he changed his answer, adding that he was waiting for his sister. For his size, he seemed strangely timid and submissive, unless she was judging incorrectly. No, she wasn’t going to push him around and such. She was just trying to figure him out. "Which direction would she be coming from?" she asked, shifting her gaze from him to glance around behind him, thus looking around on the outer side of the borders. "Are the two of you going to be seeking a place in the pack?" She was obviously unaware that him and his sister, whoever she was, were already sort of part of the pack.

3 Posts
Ooc —
Attentive to the female's every shift and sigh, War summarily figured that she hadn't come along for the sake of assaulting him. It was a well received relief of course but it forced the male to continue to ponder her intentions. In all of the meetings that he and his sister had had with pack wolves thus far -none had been civil. But then again neither had they belonged to the grounds in which they'd trespassed either. It was a significant detail.

Unwilling to allow such a pivotal misunderstanding, War found his voice one more. "Actually we were accepted into the pack just yesterday. But since then we've been keeping to ourselves in an old badger den not far from here." It was interesting to note that up until now the dank hole had been repulsive but that at present point the male idealizediit's points of comfort. "My sister Rowtag is there now resting. I believe she encountered a pack member sometime yesterday and wore herself out adventuring with them." Based off of the female's questions thus far Warboy surmised that she hadn't been the companion in question. Surely if she was she was likely to have remembered his noble sister and the fond remarks that she would have undoubtedly made concerning him.

Awkward opening aside War began to feel his guards lessen. The dark coat obviously wasn't violent and furthermore he was doing alright for himself. It was be a nice report to give to his sister once he returned to her company.