Stavanger Bay We are tiny but mighty
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle strode among the pack lands her mind in deeper places than she normally would dare to tread. She was worried about the survival of the pack and she was worried about the babes under her care. She had not done her best by them, being so stretched thin. She hoped that it didn't ruin them for adult hood. Children need nurturing and care, and she had not been able to do very much of that for them.

They had also lost 2 of the 4, not that it was unheard of in most cases. It wasn't nature if she didn't take some of the life she gave. Though her husband would argue it was the gods, but didn't they control nature. So thus it was nature too. She also worried of her husband who had been withdrawn into his own company lately. The female Osprey too was sad and wanting to go home. She hoped they could get her home soon enough.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
-Hey there, do you mind if I hop this as a joining thread? If not, this can def be a meet and greet. :P -

He had no business traveling alone, but unfourtionately for him, that was the only way how he knew travel to be. Solitude, a constant reminder of the monster he had forced his own self to be, but aside the issue, more pressing matters were at hand. His survival. And the only way he understood it to be, was to join a pack. Luckily, the thick stench of a family was nearby, and Cry only had to seach half heartedly before he spied a russet and ivory lilted passerby.
Or was she a permanent resident?
Could she be a member of this musky scent?

"Hello,"

Cry still couldn't tell if the wolf was a male or female, but with closer inspection of the form, he could only intterperet curves, and a graceful gait.
Female.

"Miss?"

Curiousity lay buried in his frozen topaz gems, only polite standings in his form. He still had no clue who this wolfess was, and whether she could be of hope to him in finding a family, but he was in the green just for trying, and trying in the proper polite manner.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
no thats fine. We'll just assume she's close to the borders

Thistle turned azure gaze to the wolf in front of her and petite paws carried her to stand in front of him. Holding her head high and her gaze regal she studied him. How can I help you? This is Stavanger Bay. She shifted her lithe, but tiny form and waited.

Tilted ears forward she studied the brute before her .He was a black beast with pretty blue eyes. His face was a quandary both closed off and open and the scars that marred his hide were enough to even perhaps rival her husbands, but not completely. Ragnar still had him beat.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Cry came closer, only to be made known of the scent she carried thickly tied to her fur. It seemed she was a member of this nearby family, and considering her stance, she was one not to be fucked with, even if she was of smaller stature.
Even her words confirmed his swift assumption.

Though pack life hadn't been common for his livelihood, he still knew how to behave. He made his features one of submissiveness, though a level above groveling. With the lowered frame and tucked tail, came the averted gems he held on his face, instead choosing to keep the gaze on her dainty little toes.

"I'm Cry. If I may, would it be much trouble to join your pack? If you'd like to know my capabilities, I don't mind telling."

He was surprised he had spoken as much as he did, but it's not like you can get into a pack with silence, alone. A conversation needed to be had. Requirements needed to be met. And just to make sure he had a chance, he was willing to talk.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle had learned to be confident in her role as time had progressed. She also had learned exactly how to kill or be killed, especially since their livelihood as of late depended on that rule. She was not as gentle as she had been, nor as timid. And she knew how to hold her own, Ragnar had seen to that.

Thistle studied him as he spoke and she tilted ears further forward to gather his words to her. Her gaze was sharp and focused as she listened. Very well what can you offer our family? And can you hunt well? and can you recruit? They needed more gamekeepers, actually they needed more adults period. She feared that before too long, they may have to resort to taking slaves and captives just to survive.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Cry blinked, not for thinking, but because his eyes needed the moisture. He had stared at her paws too long, losing himself in his own capabilities.
He knew fully well that he was considered an Outrider type, along with a prospering Warden and Gamekeeper, for his hunting ability is superb. However, bragging was not his forte.
But, you had to sell yourself to get in, didn't you?

"I hunt with no error, keep fast and efficient to all duties assigned to me, and I have no problem with attempts to bring others to see the same side as me. Especially for the benifit of those who need it, most."

When the russet female spoke of recruiting, Cry knew they were low on numbers. Te lack of scents mixed to her own was a telltale sign of their diminishing numbers, an it only helped to boost his own confidence.
However, he kept it in check.
Especially considering she could simply say a flat out 'no' and chase his ass out.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle watched silently as the scarred male thought through his capabilities and his penchants. She hoped they would be worth something to the pack, and she also hoped that given a home, he would not abandon them as so many were apt to do as of late.

Thistle listened and she smiled. Are you an outrider of sorts then? Are you able to protect our borders even from those you count as friends? Would you be loyal to our own family? Thistle would not have traitors or thieves amongst them, she refused to allow such atrocities inside the territory boundaries.

As far as things were going, Thistle imagined he would make a good asset, but she wanted to make sure of many things. First she wanted to make sure he was a steadfast loyal beast and secondly she wanted to be sure he wasn't going to come just for winter and then leave.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
"I'm not too keen on making friends that I can't trust, however, once I pledge myself to a cause, or even a family, my life as an individual doesn't matter anymore. The family, is what matters."

Cry spoke with confidence, knowing himself inside and out as one who didn't stab friends and family in their back.
Even if he were related to the very wolves who were famous for it.

"Loyalty is a trait I hold on my left shoulder, with determination upon my right. I will not betray you, Alphess of Starvanger Bay."

Cry still didn't know whether she was alpha or not of the pack he was putting his own life aside for, but the way she held herself, spoke, and looked out for the pack, those features gave her aura of leadership that he considered himself unsuited for. He respected that about this female.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle nodded her head gently Yes my husband and you are cut from the same mold I believe. She grew quiet as she listened. Perhaps she was foolish, but she trusted easily, she had never quite lost that innocent and naive quality to her personality. It probably drove her husband mad. So far she liked what this wolf had to say.

Thistle studied him and then dipped her muzzle, I am Thistle Cloud and you are correct I am alphess. My husband is Ragnar. It will serve you well not to get on his bad side. A word of caution if you will.

Do you have enemies Cry? There will be no one knocking at our borders looking for your hide? SHe thought it best to know this for future reference.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Cry took the comparison of her mate and him as a compliment, however he did not let it boost his confidence, only reserving the mild words as a hope elation to receiving entry into the pack.

"With all respect, I wouldn't find it wise to get on anyone bad side, miss Cloud. And most especially, his."

That didn't mean he didn't. It wasn't intentional to have others hate him, but it was his usual cool and levelheaded demeanor that unnerved others.
Instant dislike for him bloomed, until he found away to rip the petals off.
As if she had read his mind, the fae asked if he had others who too, wanted to murder his rose.

"It's an honor to make our aquaintence face to face, miss Cloud."

The dark prince flipped his ears backwards, and arched his lowered neck, offering her a graceful bow.
Then at the topic he was presented, he formed his carefully worded answer.

"There's no one alive who wants me dead. At least none who I am aware of. I was born into a lowly pack. There were no enemies of it, and what I know of it so far, I have no idea whether they're still alive or not. I left as a pup."

Cry hadn't thrown in there how he fought constantly for his own survival, how he made enemies left and right, nor his capture and torture. That was the past.
This was his future.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle shifted and listened, she hadn't actually been complimenting him. She didn't really mind that he took it as such. She had been merely offering a statement she felt to be true.

She listened and nodded, thus far he was okay in her book. He would make a welcome addition to the pack. He was a good gamekeeper it sounded like. Perhaps an extra outrider would not go amiss and add the fact that he could perhaps be an aspiring warden he was welcome. Plus they needed bodied. Well then I welcome you to the ranks Cry. Come i'll give you a tour. Then I will leave you to settle in. Come and find me in a few days I would like to see how you are getting on. And please seek out my husband introduce yourself.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
-thanks, last post from me. -

A solemn nod was sent to her, and a soft
"Thank you, will do."

Cry had seemed to have spoken more that moment, than he do a lifetime. However, again, it was for the ensurment of his survival, so he kept it at a reasonable level of not being angry at himself. It wasn't a waste of time.

With that, Cry followed the femalia trough his new home, plans of hunting and creating caches, already flooding his mind.
And to meet the Alpha male.
That too.