Duskfire Glacier cherry lips, crystal skies
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
would love to see @Nea in here if you have time :) meant to be a Naturalist thread<3

Though the only remaining daughter of the founding Sveijarn pair had learned to love the Glacier with all its tragedy, there was something she didn't quite like currently. And that was the way her vibrant coat of red sticked out against the immaculate rug of snow like a single black sheep (or red in this case) standing next to a row of pure white lambs.
How the hell was she expected to hunt?
Speaking of which-- how the hell was she supposed to learn if her mentor was not around at the moment?
Maera really wanted to stop being a weight for the pack, even if her innate laziness sometimes stuck in the way of said plans, she actually did.

But with her hunting lessons apparently put on hold because of Scarlett's trips to who knows where, the young exprincess wandered around the snow covered floor of the Glacier's realms, her meatball of a nose currently hovering the floor as she went on, again unconsciously scouting the earth for treasures to take back to her dug out den.

With the dark mantle of the night falling slowly over the Teekon Wilds,Maera found herself near the southern borders, her nose tempting her to stray outside the borders as she slinked past it. Suddenly a glimmer above caught her eye making her stop to stare in awe. During her short life Maera had seen beautiful things; her mother's kind eyes, the flowers in the Creek and the treasures stocked in her collections -- but never had she seen such beauty unravel before her eyes.

Dancing over her head in a completely synchronized act a thousand colors and lights filled the sky, twisting and blending as she simply stared. She wasn't sure what it was, but it brought the most genuine smile to her face as she simply watched, wishing in that moment she could hoard the sky.

[Image: girl_gang.png]
English is my 7th language. Please excuse any errors, either grammatical or spelling-wise. I'm Mongolian, so English is far from my home. :3
45 Posts
Ooc — Saransatsr
Hey, here she is. Just building Néa up for a Healer soon. XD

Néa had been sniffing out a few herbs, her keen sense trying to pick up the familiar scent of yarrow, hopefully growing a nearby forested section but so far, she'd had very little luck. Yarrow grew sparsely on the colder areas but perhaps she would find a small forested indent, growing somewhere near the protected root and thanked the Spirits that the sky was light and a great amount of light was produced by the bright stars.

Approaching a small grove of trees, she picked up a familiar scent and grinned with triumph and pride. She was almost fully sure it was yarrow she was smelling, though the scent was notoriously similar to so many herbs and plants that who really knew. Her only consolation was that yarrow grew strong and in collective bunches, easily collected and dried, though she would have to ask Scarlett for permission to hang them rudimentarily or in bunches in the warm den. She dug around the base of the trees, under the twining roots and growled in happy victory as she gripped her jaws around the base of a green evergreen yarrow.

She tugged and tugged for a few seconds, growling once again in pride as the strong rooted plant slid from the moderately frozen ground of the grove. She set about carefully separating the individual bunches into manageable sections that she could carry to the den. The astringent herb was so very useful, she was so happy to have found some. It could be used to staunch bleeding, as an antiseptic, as a digestive stimulant and even to to stop nosebleeds.

A bright light had lit up the area around her, even as she scented the semi-familiar scent of a packmate and Scarlett on the young juvenile wolf whose russet coat stuck against the snow like a bloodstain. The great lights wove like an intricate tapestry across the darkened sky, beautiful and waving in green, gold and berry red across the heavens. Her mother used to say it was the Great Bears running across the skies, guiding the spirits of the lost and the dead into the great star worlds that housed their ancestors.

She approached her fellow wolf, barking happily to find the famous older juvenile that Scarlett had told her so much about and sitting her rump down a few paces from the russet wolf, as she too surveyed the beautiful skies and the colours that wove across them.

"They are beautiful aren't they? I'm Néa by the way." She spoke after she deposited her bundles of yarrow down onto the snow as she watched the sky.

girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
about time these two met! Excuse Mae she grew up around adults
, never really had much experience with those of her own age

Suddenly one minute turned into another, just as another added up, leaving the girl to stand and watch in awe as the time simply rolled past her, unknowingly giving the pack's newly welcomed youngster enough time to catch up. If Maera were not as hypnotized by the dancing patterns that moved overhead maybe she would have noticed a figure similar to her own walk directly at her. How long had it been since Maera had seen another wolf of her age?

Since her younger brother's tragic disappearance the rest of her siblings had been plucked from her side, leaving the small red haired Sveijarn to grow up in the midst of adult bodies that came and went with no real attachment. All too busy with their adult lives to stop and wonder what the child was up to. And though she at first found comfort in the solitude by beginning her collection she soon found not even the shiniest treasures could fill the cracks her lost family had left behind.

Still, she wished she could steal away the luminous beings in the sky; she wanted to tuck the moon inside her den and keep the stars stashed in another chamber of the Club. Which now that it was mentioned, did need a little light...

And a better implementation of the rules.
Rule one of fight Girl Club was that you didn't speak of Girl Club..

Sadly, Maera could not say she had heard about the female, once her voice reached her ears and pulled her attention from the lights she turned brusquely as if the female's voice had been charged with electricity. I'm Maera... She barked back as her hazel colored eyes narrowed in curiosity at the girl.

English is my 7th language. Please excuse any errors, either grammatical or spelling-wise. I'm Mongolian, so English is far from my home. :3
45 Posts
Ooc — Saransatsr

The harshness of her fellow juvenile's reply had Néa scrambling back from the older wolf, eyes wide and her yarrow with her. She backed up quite a few paces, the brusque nature of the girl's voice frightening and startling to the gentle older pup. She dropped the yarrow and despite her slightly angered stance at the rudeness of the older juvenile, she allowed her mouth to form a grin, though perhaps it wasn't quite cheerful.

"Well, I suppose it's nice to meet you. That's what I'd like to say, at least. That was mighty rude of you to react like that. You can't have thought that I was a loner, I've spent the day with Scarlett and Malachi, so my scent can't be foreign...."

She realised she was rambling her thoughts into the daylight and she shook her head, piling her yarrow neatly before approaching the juvenile once again.

girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
that table is super adorable <3

Though her tone held no intention of upsetting the other juvenile it still did.
From this the other teen might have been able to see that Maera lacked all knowledge as far as how interactions with similar aged wolves were supposed to go. What she had intended to be a simple curious glance had turned into a monumental 'insult' for the other female. As the female spoke her thoughts out loud, the young Sveijarn could not help but wonder what it was that she had done that had been so wrong in the others eyes -- not because she had the intentions of apologizing (because she didn't) but because she was simply curious to what sort of etiquette and morals the other loved by.

I know you are not a loner She huffed with mild annoyance in her voice, as she made a point of flaring her nostrils at the female as of to show she had a nose that told her so.

Then, allowing a long and deep sigh to escape from the bottom of her chest she decided to turn a blind eye to their misunderstandings and and cast her eyes to the luminous dancers of the sky instead.

I was born here you know she barked suddenly as she turned her head quickly to meet the Nea's eyes with her own. Though this was not technically true, it sure felt like it to the young Sveijarn. Here she had been taught to love, to adapt and to embracre solitute.
However empty and shattered it was, it still remained to be her home.