Redhawk Caldera these words get overused
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox had been grooming her belly when she realized something was... off. She stopped mid-lick to inspect her stomach at length, wondering why it looked so different. It was the same color: red and white, so that hadn't changed. She was fairly certain she hadn't grown another nipp—"Holy shit!" she beamed, once it dawned on her. The hair on her stomach had thinned, and her boobs looked, well, bigger. Fox sprung to her feet, did a little bouncy wolf dance, and then yelled at the top of her lungs, "I'VE GOT BABIES IN ME!"

Maaaaybe it was too early to tell, but she remembered her aunt having the exact (well, almost) reaction when the same thing had happened to her. The overwhelming excitement was quickly replaced with the urgent need to tell anybody and everybody within her hearing range, but Fox resisted. Instead, she called specifically for @Finley. It seemed only proper that her best friend know first. And if Peregrine gave her shit about it, well... that was his problem. He'd humped her so many times he probably already knew that he'd put a dozen babies in her.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
It was lucky Fin's den wasn't too far from the alphas' home for otherwise she might not have managed to be the first one on the scene after Fox's exuberant outcry. As it was, the beta was to be found that day snuggled in her cozy little nook between the evergreens, gnawing happily on a thick shinbone when the fiery alpha's call hang out. She was quick to abandon her hide hole and take off towards her neighbors, first because who the crap would rather hide in a hole by themselves than spend time with others, and secondly... well, simply put, it was Fox. Fin would drop anything for her besty.

Fin centered steadily onto the scene, a thoughtful smile upon her muzzle as she looked the woman over. She knew something had to be up based on the fact that she was positively shooting rainbows from every orifice, but whether that was due to something wholesome or diabolical remained to be seen. "You rang, my love?" she asked with a broad smile after finishing her happy wolf greeting of cheek sniffles and nose licks.

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
When Finley arrived, Fox licked her cheek and then rolled onto her back. "You see that?" she asked, bending her neck up as far as she could manage. "See how they're all funny looking?" Okay, so maybe Finley didn't often check out her belly, but surely even she could tell what was going on. "Do you know what this means?" Even if Finley didn't know what it meant, she was about to find out... but Fox wanted to see if she guessed first.

As she lay there in the most comical fashion, Fox grinned from ear-to-ear, awaiting her BFF's reaction. Hopefully it was a good one. If not, Fox wasn't sure what would crush her more: the disappointment that Finley wasn't happy for her, or the fact that she would have to kill her best friend for not being happy for her. An expectant (mother's?!) expression was on her face, tail wagging and brushing the snow.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Almost immediately upon her arrival, Fox was lying on her back. If they were human. She might have wondered if this was how Peregrine felt during the week she was in heat... But they were wolves, so the brief thought that entered Fin's mind was absolute shock at the alpha suddenly submitting herself so fully to the beta. She barely had time to consider what this meant before Fox was asking her opinion about... Something. Fin stared blankly at her, then turned her gaze down to the woman's exposed belly.

Though her mother had gone through a pregnancy before Fin had left, she hadn't really been old enough to pay too much attention to the subtle changes her mother's body had gone through. The only she'd really noticed was how fat her mom got. Other than that, Fin wasn't good at the details and the noticing of things. So, the only conclusion Fin could come to with fox sprawled out before her, wriggling like a happy little pup... "That we have a weirdly close friendship?" she suggested slowly, canting her head and quirking a brow.

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
I had to use the phrase "milk duds" again. XD

"Well..." Fox said, thinking on Finley's words for a moment. "I thought we'd already established that." The Alpha grinned, then bid Finley to come closer. "Look! See how my milk duds are bigger?" Okay, maybe this was getting a little bit weird, now that she thought about it. "Peregrine and I are gonna have babies!" It would be the first of many affirmations, but Fox was willing to jump on the first sign. Considering Finley was to be their godmother, it made sense that she should be one of the very first to know that the mission was a go.

After giving Finley enough time to look at the oh-so-obvious signs, Fox rolled back over, stood, and shook out her coat. "I'm so excited, Fin! And I'm so glad you get to be a part of their lives." Ever since Fox had started in on this puppy stuff, she'd been extra emotional and mushy about damn near everything. It didn't look like it was stopping anytime soon. Fox gave her bestie a nonchalant lick on the cheek as she wagged her tail.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin waited patiently for Fox to explain why exactly she was making her study her ta-tas. She was slowly starting to think that maybe something did look a little different than what Fin was used to... Not that she spent a lot of time studying underbellies, but.. yeah... Huh...

She didn't have to spend too much longer trying to figure out on her own for Fox quickly broke the news after suggesting once more to stare at her boobies. Glad to be able to sidestep that awkwardness (though she barely even noticed), Fin's jaw dropped as her mind went completely blank with surprise and overwhelming glee. She didn't move a muscle until Fox stood up and began to say things that didn't even hear as suddenly she shrieked "BABIES!!!"

Fin's front half collapsed onto the ground in her attempts at getting a closer look at her best friend's belly where she knew now lived a billion million adorable little firebirds. Her rump remained in the air while her tail wagged so hard her entire body was wriggling from the force. A look was plastered on her face that can only be described as :3 as she stared and began to daydream about them, what they would be like, what their widdwe faces would look like, how squishable and huggable they would be.

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Banging out some quick replies at lunch, woo!

Chuckling, Fox watched as the news dawned on Finley. That girl was going to be the most-awesomest, most-craziest, most-best godmother the world had ever seen. Fox just knew it. "So are you excited or what?" she asked, as if she did not already know the answer to that question. It was quite obvious from Finley's antics that she couldn't be happier for Fox, and that alone made Fox's heart swell with pride and warm, fuzzy feelings.

And yet... Fox didn't want the whole world to revolve around her just yet. There were things that she had promised to talk to Finley about, but this was the first time in so long that they'd actually gotten together without interference from anybody else. "Finn hasn't been skulking around here, has he? I wasn't joking about the whole ripping his face off thing. And... how are things with Elwood?" Fox asked, curious to know how their courtship was going (even if neither of them believed it was happening at all).
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
A long, high-pitched whine was the only response Finley could muster to Fox's question. All of the wriggling and posturing was beginning to make her neck and body ache, so quickly she flipped over to lie on her back, her nose pointing directly at Fox's belly as she continued to admire it. "All conversations from this point forward will transpire with me lying on the ground, gazing admiringly at your stomach," she said after a moment, "Just so you're aware."

It wasn't actually true, as Fin was a fickle creature that likely suffered from some form of ADHD. The only time she ever had real focus was..... Yeah, I don't even know. Not even this moment was safe, for Fox's sudden change of conversation topic caused her to turn her gaze to peer up to the woman's face. "No, I haven't seen him since he told me he loved me and I told him to stop it," she replied with a frown. Her anger at him following her previous conversation with Fox had subsided somewhat. The whole situation was a bitter sting that putting too much thought into was really just painful and confusing, so she tended to avoid it altogether.

When Fox continued to bring up Elwood, Finley paused, and only partly because I had to go back to her threadlog to figure out whether or not they'd made up by the time this thread occured (timelines are such bitches). She was still mad at him following their last conversation in the underground ballroom, it turns out, so yay! "And Elwood's being a jack ass," she said shortly with a roll of her eyes, "We found this cool cave the other day and we were hanging out, then he gets his panties in a bunch and totally walks out on me. I haven't seen or spoken to him since." Details are not important.

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
I was in the middle of this when Ian came over last night. I made him some sandwiches that he actually enjoyed!

Fox chuckled, imagining all their conversations going on with Finley talking directly to her belly rather than her face (or anything near there, for that matter). Fox figured there were more awkward ways it could have gone, and Finley was always the goof of the bunch. Her friend moved quickly to answering the questions. It seemed Finn had taken the hint and left Redhawk Caldera alone, something which Fox was quite grateful for.

It was a little disheartening to hear that Elwood and Finley had some kind of squabble. Then again, Fox and Peregrine had shared a few when (and before) they'd gotten together. Wasn't that what relationships were all about? “Boo,” Fox replied. “I guess I’ll have to give him a stern talkin-to.”
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
omg i want a sandwich D:

Fox seemed disappointed about Fin's recent foray with Elwood, which was very telling to the beta about just how determined her friend was to put the two of them together. When Fin had told her of the drama with Finn, Fox had flown off the handle, threatening the man's life if he even came near the Caldera. Elwood being a jerk though only warranted a "boo" and a lecture. The comparison brought a little smirk to her face.

"Make sure you do," Fin encouraged with a grin, "I wanna hear all about it, though I have a feeling we'll probably have made up by the time you catch him. I feel like once he realizes I'm not talking to him, he'll crack instantly and apologize." Elwood was far too good of a person to hold out too long. He had done wrong, and though Fin was mad at him, she knew that all it would take was an apology for her to let the whole thing blow over.

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
The amount of clothes that get ruined from vampires in True Blood is ridic. They're always exploding and biting people like they've got an endless wardrobe.

Perhaps it was simply because Fox was better acquainted with Elwood than she ever had been with Finn. Maybe that was why she'd wanted to tear his face off, while her current Beta would only get a few strong words. There was also the fact that Fox had been terribly hormonal and emotional when she'd talked to Finley about her old flame. All she knew was that if Finn ever showed his face around Redhawk Caldera, Fox would smash him to pieces.

“Well, just don’t go breaking hearts,” Fox replied casually, “Can’t have our Betas being all sad and whatnot.” The last thing the caldera needed was some kind of interpack breakdown. Fox wanted to make sure that her comrades, especially her leaders, were set and stable.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Don't go breaking hearts... Fin considered the casually made statement with a nibble of her bottom lip. She wanted to shrug away the accusation, careless to the effect that she had on men. Oftentimes she was, but that was because she usually left so quickly that they couldn't form any real attachments. Obsession and infatuation were her bread and butter. Things that were only skin deep, things that couldn't hurt too deeply.

But now, she had stayed long enough that such attachments and feelings were able to form. Finn had proved that. He'd shown her that she couldn't play her careless games anymore. There would be consequences now - consequences she couldn't just run away from anymore. Consequences she had to remain and deal with if they came to fruition...

"Scout's honor, I'll do my best to prevent any broken-hearted betas," Fin replied with a smile. It was a comment that went both ways - neither Elwood nor her would suffer any heartache if she had anything to do with it.

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox gave Finely a pat on the head to let her know she was a good girl. Since we badly need an updated thread, Rem thinks this is a great time to end this one! So now Fox just had to figure out a way to fade this out in a reasonable manner without it seeming so forced (even though it totally is, mwah). “That means you, too,” Fox said, giving Finley a faux stern look. Really, though, Fox had a feeling that Finley was tough as nails when it came to ships.

“On to more serious matters,” Fox said suddenly, veering the conversation into an entirely different direction. “Let’s talk about sex.” Her tone, while playful, was serious. “You tell me about a time, and then I’ll tell you about a time. It’ll be a game!” Maybe a very stupid, girlish, and childish game, but one Fox knew that she could play for hours. Not only that, but maybe she could learn a thing or two from the slightly older Finley. It would also make for a perfect fading out point for Finley's writer.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley rolled her eyes and shrugged, choking down her doubts and worries with a smirk. No matter what happened, in the end she would survive. If what she'd already been through in her short life hadn't been the end of her, the average heartbreak didn't have a hope. Hopefully...

Fin's brows lifted in surprised as Fox whisked the topic of conversation off to their sexual experiences. Part of her wanted to chide her friend for it, after all, she'd just spent a solid week with a Dick inside of her (lol my tablet thinks Dick is a pronoun). But, she let that go. After all, it was always fun to talk about dirty things. "Oh man, have I got stories for you!" And with that, she went on to tell Fox all about her sordid past (well.. all but one story), proving just how slutty she'd been in her youth.