Redhawk Caldera wait for the day when you find.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
I like to think this happens simultaneously with Peregrine and Elwood's gossip thread lulz

The events of that day seemed like a beautiful dream in the days that had followed. The euphoria was real, the feelings were real, and yet the fact that it all had actually happened... That was still a little unbelievable. It had been too perfect, too blissfully fairytale-esque. And it had happened to Fin. Of all the wolves in all the gin joints in the world, it had happened to Finley Blackthorn.

Something had to be wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong.

Fin burst out of her den that morning in a panic, sprinting through the slushy snows. As she ran, she glanced wildly about her, trying to make sure that everything looked normal. Normal as in... It wasn't on fire and the birds weren't eating each other. None of that seemed to be the case, and thus her trip to Fox and Peregrine's den was otherwise uneventful.

As Fin slowed, her attention snapped right to the mouth of the alphas' home where she hoped like hell she'd find @Fox and not her other half. She needed girl talk, and as good as Peregrine was at calmly setting her head back on straight, it would be far better for her if she could freak out a little instead. "Fox? You home?" she called eagerly, looking about. It suddenly occurred to her how terrible of a friend it made her coming to her besty so near to her birthing without bringing her anything. Quickly she glanced about her before her eyes landed upon the cache nearby their den, which she sprang at and began to rough up the dirt upon it.

incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox had heard, by way of Peregrine, the goings-on with Finley and Elwood. With her own problems, and the weird way Somnia was acting, Fox hadn't been sure if things would settle down by the time the kids were born. When Finley wandered up to her home, Fox had been a little ways off, taking a much-needed piddle over by her favorite bush. Standing up from the squat, Fox trotted over just in time to hear the rustling and questioning voice of Finley.

“Fin!” she exclaimed, tail wagging rapidly back and forth. “Did you and Elwood sort things out?” Fox asked, getting right to the point. There was no need to dance around the issue. Finley was her best friend! And if she'd needed a few days to sort out her romantic life, Fox couldn't really fault her for it.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley whirled on the spot as Fox's voice interrupted her digging. She gave her a quick, innocent grin. "Fox!" she barked, scurrying forwards to nuzzle and poke at her besty and the babies that were almost protruding at that point from her rotund stomach. "I brought you a thing. I added it to your cache 'cause.." Oh shit... She hadn't thought her lie all the way through, "You probably already ate!" Okay now move on quickly!

Finley stepped back and took a deep breath, pulling herself together so that she could present her emotions on the subject of Elwood without looking like a complete lunatic. She set her gaze calmly upon Fox's face and gave her a wonderfully calm smile. Fox's question brought the memories of her happy, happy rendezvous with Elwood to the forefront and suddenly her panic level was definitely dissipating as the happy, happy flooded her, making her feel all warm and tingly. The frantic worry she'd felt that had drawn her to the alpha's den suddenly was just a silly, fleeting thing as suddenly it occurred to her that she was about to take the second most exciting step in any budding new relationship - gushing to the BF about every detail!

"He loves me, Fox!" Fin squeaked finally, her tail whipping back and forth happily, "He said so! He loves me! And I was like.. ME TOO! And then we made out!" She had begun bouncing up and down slightly before she'd even started speaking, and now that the news had been spilled, there was just no end in sight.

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
The gift was quickly forgotten once Finley confessed the words (and feels!) that had passed between herself and Elwood. Fox could barely contain her own glee as she wiggled and waddled around looking like a real goofball. Licking Fin's face excitedly was the best way to tell her bestie how happy she was, Fox decided, and she followed through that thought with gusto. The Redleaf just knew that the two Betas had been meant for one another. Just as she and Peregrine had in some weird way. Fox still refused to believe in fate or anything wishy washy like that, but it was quite clear that Fin and El were like two peas in a pod.

Once she managed to come down a little bit from her matchmaker high, Fox stood there with a happy grin on her face. “So that means Elwood’s gonna be the godfather, right?” Fox half-asked. Of course he was. That had been Fox's plan all along. As far as she was concerned, the two of them were already hitched, and it didn't even occur to her that they might not make things official (whatever that meant). A million other questions were bubbling up from her chest, but she tried to give Finley enough time to answer before asking the nine hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred ninety-nine others.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley grinned broadly as Fox reacted to her news. It seemed the fiery alpha was just as happy about Finwood as... well, Finwood! It wasn't surprising. Fox have been advocating for the pair of them to get together from the very beginning. Quite literally, Fin realized with a smirk. Fox had gone all brow wiggly on her during the first conversation they'd had after Fin returned from the Plateau, just after Elwood had joined the Caldera. If she recalled correctly, she'd shouted something about how "all men should die" in response. Thank goodness the universe hadn't obeyed her command right then and taken away her Twig.

Fin giggled at Fox as she waddled about with her big ol' pregnant belly. She made to say something about it, only to pause as her alpha stole the opportunity with a question if her own. "Yeah!" she chirped brightly, her attitude faltering the next second as she realized that she didn't actually know that for sure, "I mean. Probably, yeah. I guess? We didn't actually.. discuss that." ...or anything else really. Just that they were all googly for each other. Hm.. "Should we have?"

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox shrugged. “When I got with Perry, it was… well, did I ever tell you about that?” The fiery girl couldn't remember, but she went ahead anyway, not bothering to give Finley a chance to answer. “Basically, we banged, then we became mates, then we said the L word a long while after that.” Fox had been rather hesitant to say that she was in love with Peregrine when they had gotten together, but now it felt like second nature. She trusted him with every ounce of her being, and she knew that he felt the same. Of course, this was all assuming that only Finley's mate would become the Firebirds' godfather. Fox hadn't even considered that Finwood might not be an official item just yet.

“So… how was it with Elwood?” Fox asked, eyebrows wiggling. More assumptions on Fox's part caused her to imagine the two of them going to town in a passionate embrace. Then again, Finley and Elwood were both quite a bit more... toned down in comparison to Peregrine and Fox.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin quirked a brow as Fox explained hers and Peregrine's romantic history. It wasn't enormously romantic, but it did ease Finley's concern for the moment. There seemed to be a lot still up in the air between the beta pair, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It would all get resolved in time. Probably. Maybe. OH G--

"How was what?" Fin asked in response to Fox's question, completely derailed from the onsetting panic. Her brain fumbled about in an attempt to figure out what exactly her friend could be talking about, finally coming to the right conclusion after a moment of deadpan staring. "OH! It..." Fin replied, "It.. hasn't happened yet." At least, I'm going to say it hasn't because I'm pretty sure Elwood was at that very moment acting like it hadn't happened yet either. Fin's brows furrowed slightly as her non-panic mode slipped slowly away... "Should it have?" Apparently she was very full of uncertainties.

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
I've been struggling with this post all day. :(

Fox raised a paw to thwap Finley on the head for being such a dum-dum, but the Blackthorn girl managed to sputter out a response just in time. Fox lowered her paw back to the ground, cocking her head as she listened to the... well, not so gory details of anything at all. When Finley asked if it should have happened, Fox gave her a blank stare for a moment, then rolled her shoulders in a shrug. “You two take whatever time you need… or don’t need!” Fox wasn't going to pressure Finley to get into anything more complicated than she needed to.

“But when it does happen, I wanna hear all about it,” she added enthusiastically.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fox's response to her confession was actually rather... understanding and considerate. Pregnancy was definitely doing something to her brain. Knowing it likely had also done a number of shortening her already short temper, she kept her thoughts to herself and merely gave her a friend a thankful smile.

"But of course!" Fin replied promptly - as though she would do anything else after finally getting laid, "I really do want to do him, though.. It's been sooooooooo long. Too long. I think my virginity is starting to grow back it's been so long." Fin shuddered at the thought - losing it the first time had been such a miserable experience. She much preferred the times that had followed.

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Finley replied, and Fox "booped" her friend's shoulder, snickering at the thought of her virginity growing back. “We should go surprise the boys,” Fox suggested, a glint of mischief in her eye. “Sneak up on them and see how they like being humped!” Fox had done as much to Peregrine at one point, and while it had been amusing, neither of them had gained much out of it. Not waiting for Finley to oblige, Fox began trotting along toward the densite, where she'd last seen her lover, glancing back to make sure Finley was along for the ride.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley laughed at Fox's suggestion for what they do with the remainder of their afternoon. She wasn't too keen on humping Elwood - after all, they'd never done it before, so shouldn't he really be the first to make that move? Still, there was a great promise of entertainment in the idea.

"Right behind you," she quipped back as they both set off, "Mostly because I really wanna see you try and hump Peregrine with that belly in your way." The mental image was rather comical. Likely the actual event would be as well.