Redhawk Caldera my rodeo romeo.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley laid flat upon her belly, a dreamy and extremely satisfied look stretched across her face.  Her breathing was heavy, yet the energy that drove it was quickly subsiding as the blood rushing through her veins began to slow.  She'd just had a perfectly successful and eventful rendezvous with her man-candy, and she was just now working on coming down from her ecstasy from said rendezvous.

"Twig," she said with a lazy grin after reigning in her breath, "I'm like... So in love with you.  And... Your parts."  Fin snickered softly at her comment, her tail wagging between the empty space just behind her and flopping against Elwood's hips lying just beside her.  She turned her muzzle to gaze happily at her @Elwood , not a doubt in her mind that he was just as blissfully content as she was.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
I was going to go to bed, but maybe I'll make some posts first...

Elwood flopped unceremoniously onto his back, his tongue lolling from his mouth as he simultaneously panted and grinned at Finley. As usual, their lovemaking session had been exhausting -- but in the best way possible. And while it always left him longing for more, he was particularly tired after this round. He pressed his cheek against the cool ground, shifting his gaze to look at Finley; he offered a snort of laughter in response to her comment.

"You mean these?" he teased, rolling onto his back and splaying his hind legs in order to give her a view of his jewels. Once he had provided her with an eyeful, he turned back onto his stomach and propped himself up on his elbows, leaning towards Finley to plant a kiss on her cheek. With his mouth a hair's breadth from her ear, he whispered, "What a coincidence. I love you and your parts too."
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin laughed out loud when Elwood rolled over to show off his junk to her.  "Them's the ones!" she replied, her shoulders still shaking as she reached out to bat at his muzzle.  There was nothing she loved more than lazing about with him and playing together like this.  Sure the firebirds were great and the pack was great and... Well, there were a lot of great things in her life right now.  But this - him - by far was the greatest.

When Elwood leaned over and whispered to her, Fin gave an appreciative giggle.  Feigning surprise, she turned towards him with widened eyes.  "Oh my gosh, really?  That's so cool!" she said, her faux excitement suddenly falling short and a look of horror coming across her face, "But.. But what will your other girlfriends think?"

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood's brows lifted in surprise at Finley's jesting comments. Other girlfriends? That was a subject that was usually touchy -- not that Elwood actually had any mistresses, but Finley had grown particularly possessive of him. Her idea that Somnia had devised a diabolical plan to steal him away from her still didn't sit quite right in his mind, but he had learned not to argue with her. He knew that she was aware -- somewhere in that adorable, crazy head of hers -- that he had eyes for no one else.

"Shhh, don't tell them," he stage-whispered, pressing a paw to his lips as his eyes twinkled playfully. The thought of a hidden romance suddenly excited him, and he swept to his feet, moving to stand over Finley with his forelegs on either side of her shoulders. He leaned towards her, his nose only an inch from hers, and in a breathy voice he said, "It'll be our little secret."
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
It was rather odd for Finley to joke about Elwood having other romantic interests.  It was no secret how territorial she was over him, nor the fact that she was jaded, insecure and pessimistic typically when it came to relationships.  It was for those exact reasons however that she made the joke - she liked hearing him laugh at the idea of himself being interested in other women, as though the very idea of there ever being another girl in his life was completely absurd.  It was a sentiment that Fin agreed whole-heartedly with.

The beta giggled as he warned her not to tell, rolling over onto her back as he moved stand over her.  He didn't need to lean his nose down all the way to touch hers, for she was more than happy to reach the rest of the way.  The familiar tingle she so very much loved trickled along her black spine as the tips of their noses tapped against each other.

Fin allowed the touch to linger for a few seconds before she relaxed her neck back down against the ground.  She peered up at him then, a thoughtful look coming across her face.  "What were your parents like?" she asked suddenly and randomly, as though it was a perfectly logical next step in the conversation.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood was fully ready to take Finley again, and his eyes danced as he looked down at her -- but the next words out of her mouth were not the flirtatious foreplay he had expected. Instead, she asked after his parents. He blinked, then stepped back over her and folded himself onto his haunches next to her.

"My parents?" he asked, as though he hadn't heard her correctly. He tilted his head, thinking of them. "They're just like normal parents, I guess. They were fair -- not too strict, but they didn't let us get away with everything, either. I got along with them most of the time," he said, remembering the way that Avery tended to butt heads with them -- with their father, in particular. Their relationship with her had been rocky, while he had been more of a rule-abiding pup; he rarely tended to push the limits. He could imagine that Finley had been exactly the opposite while growing up.

Not sure what sort of answer she was expecting, he canted his head back the other way, yellow gaze meeting chocolate. "Why?" he prompted, wrapping his tail around his feet.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin could tell that Elwood was taken aback by her question, and as he moved away, she found herself worried that she had accidentally stumbled upon a sore subject.  Biting her lip, she rolled back onto her stomach and leaned against his side.  She arched her neck so that she could peer up at his face as he responded, resting her chin gently upon his elbow.  It wasn't a great view - really, only the bottom of muzzle and the side of his cheek could be seen from her vantage point - but even that couple with the feet of his elbow fur upon her throat was enough for her.

"I dunno," Fin answered honestly, "I just wondered.  You don't talk too much about your family."  She herself had spent a pretty fair amount of time telling stories of her wild past - trying to steal eggs from nesting gaggles of geese when she was barely two months old; the day she'd brought home a baby badger and caused her parents to have simultaneous heart attacks; the time she somehow managed to get herself stuck out on a rock in the very center of a wildly rushing river, giggling with amusement while her older packmates darted frantically back and forth upon the shore.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
It turned out that Finley's question came from innocent origins, though its unexpected nature still intrigued Elwood. She had a point, however -- he didn't talk much about his family or his history, but it wasn't because of any negative connotations or bad experiences. He just...tended to live in the present, and while the Grove pack would always be his biological relations, he had a new family here in Redhawk Caldera.

And, although Finley had regaled him with tales of her mishaps in childhood, he still felt like there was a lot he didn't know about her. He supposed that it would just come with time; the longer they were together, the more they were in each other's company, the more they would learn -- and the more they would love each other.

"I miss them sometimes," he admitted, tapping the tip of his tail thoughtfully against the ground. Especially Avery -- but he had officially given up on his search for her. He would be hard pressed to leave the caldera or Finley at this point. "But I think they'd be proud of me. And I think they'd like you," he said with a small smile, directing a pointed glance in Finley's direction.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin listened adoringly as Elwood commented further on the subject. It was sweet the way he spoke of them, and it was clear in his tone how much their approval meant to him. She pushed herself up onto her haunches so that she could reach his chin to give him an appreciative kiss. A thought occurred to her then that made her snicker with amusement. "God, if my parents saw me now they'd be like whaaaaat??" She said with a grin, "I wonder what would astound them most, the fact that I'm a beta or that I still have all four of my limbs."

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
He smiled as her lips gently brushed against his chin, then quirked a brow at her next comment. She brought up her own parents, claiming that they would be shocked to see how she had prospered -- or even that she was still alive. Elwood couldn't help but laugh; Finley was reckless and accident prone, and that was obviously not a trait she had earned later in life. He could just imagine a miniature Fin wreaking havoc on her family from an early age.

"Speaking of your family," he said, shifting his weight slightly as a devious grin crept across his face, "tell me why Tiger calls you Frog." He hadn't brought it up until now, but he had noticed the nickname that had slipped past her sister's lips when he met her. If he recalled correctly, her exact words had been, "Frog has a boyfriend?!"

Twig and Frog. What a pair they made.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Tell me why Tiger calls you Frog.

Fin gave Elwood a deadpan stare after the words came out of his mouth.  She should have realized that this day would come eventually, once Tiger was amongst them.  She had forgotten to remind her sister that the nickname the Blackthorns had bestowed "lovingly" upon her was never to be uttered before her new family.  Actually, Tiger should have known better already.  She'd vehemently rejected that moniker from the very moment they'd bestowed it upon her.  Unfortunately, she'd been too small to really bully any of them into knocking it off.  Tiger though had always been small like her, and thus had been the only one she was able to persuade.

Apparently those lessons had been forgotten.

"I... don't think that she said that," Fin said slowly, "Ever."  A brief smile flashed across her stoic face before she began to bite her lip - a telltale sign that her nerves were igniting. 

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood was delighted by Finley's response -- a great deal of their relationship was built on teasing and taunting, and her reaction proved that he had been granted a piece of secret information by Tiger's slip of the tongue. Finally, he could pay her back for christening him Twig all those months ago! He, too, bit his lip, though it wasn't due to nervousness; instead, he did so in an attempt to keep himself from grinning broadly.

"Oh, but she did," he insisted with a firm nod of his head. "It was when I met her in the woods -- I told her that I knew you, and she most definitely called you Frog." He regarded her quietly for a moment, golden eyes taking in her expression -- was she anxious, or angry? He couldn't tell just yet, but he pushed a little further, softening his words in an attempt to coax the backstory out of her.

"I think it's cute," he said, his cheeks dimpling in a smile.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
The more Elwood spoke, the harder Finley found it to keep her composure.  The gentle chewing upon her lip was slowly growing more violent and determined just as the crease in her brow became more pronounced.  She looked away, the tip of her tail flicking rapidly back and forth as she pondered how to respond.

But that's when he mentioned that it was cute, this nickname of hers.  Slowly and against her will, I might add, her eyes rolled back towards her very adorable face.  She pursed her lips and sucked in a deep breath that she released slowly.  As long as Tiger was a member of their pack, it didn't seem as though there was much hope for Fin keeping this hated moniker a secret.  But did that have to mean that she owned up to it?  Cause.. Fuck she hated it so much.

"Tiger is..  She's just..." Fin started, stumbling over it for a few seconds before changing her track altogether, "Okay... You have to understand..."  She pushed herself up onto all fours and shuffled to face him, plopping back down onto her haunches again once she was looking right into her lover's eyes.  "I am actually one of the very, very, very few wolves in my family to go by their birth name," she explained, "It's tradition in my family for everyone to go by their nicknames, which - quite unfortunately - are given by the older generation LONG before you can actually dispute them... So......... I umm... I kinda... Well, when I was a kid....... I liked...... to hop around...."  From there, it was as though Fin forgot how to actually speak for her communication skills diminished to periodic "umms" and "wells" intermingled with little whines and growls and other uncertain noises.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
The tension eased out of Finley gradually as she turned to face him, hesitating only a moment before divulging the origin of her nickname. Elwood listened quietly and patiently as she stuttered and stumbled over her words, his soft gaze focused on hers. He didn't speak, though he gave a few gentle and encouraging nods. He was interested to hear that her family members all seemed to go by nicknames -- which perhaps explained that "Tiger" wasn't her sister's given moniker -- and that they were christened by parents and grandparents. It sounded a little bit like Fox's family's traditions as far as naming; not identical, per se, but he could see the similarities.

When she came to the part about how she had come to be called Frog, however, he couldn't stop a series of soft chuckles from escaping. Even as her sentences broke down into nothing more than guttural sounds, he reached out to tap her nose with his, showing her that although he saw humor in the situation, her secret would be safe with him. She would be Frog to him and him alone -- unless Tiger spread the news, that is. But Elwood wouldn't be the one to share it.

"You liked to hop, huh," he said with a thump of his tail. "Can you show me?"
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley's nonchalant regard of her friend boy darkened somewhat when a series of giggles escpaed him after she admitted the origins of the nickname 'Frog'.  There was nothing funny about it (even though.. there so was).  How he could find it the slightest bit amusing was beyond her, and the steele of her gaze likely was what reminded him of himself when he pulled back his amusement and spoke to her again.

The briefest of smiles flashed across her muzzle when he pressed his nose against hers.  She looked away from him then with a tiny pouty face, her ears flicking towards him when he questioned her endearment towards hopping.  She pursed her lips, attempting to express her irritation while her amusement determinedly pressed through.

"I don't wanna - I don't remember how," she insisted, turning up her nose away from him with a little frown.  Fin was still entertained though, and it showed in the sparkle in her eyes as she glanced backwards at her lover.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
"That's a shame," Elwood replied with an exaggerated pout. He wasn't going to let her off the hook that easily, though. He took to his feet, moving a small distance away from her and turning his back towards her. His tail flicked to the left and to the right as he looked over his shoulder. "Maybe I can remind you," he suggested, wiggling his eyebrows.

With that, he gathered his haunches beneath him and hopped forward, attempting his best frog imitation. He kept his paws together, allowing them to leave the earth at the same time and then thump back onto the ground all at once. It wasn't the most graceful hop -- and certainly didn't look anything like a frog -- but he couldn't help but grin fiendishly back at Finley, his expression beckoning her to follow.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin's eyes slipped towards Elwood's bottom lip as he stuck it out in his attempt at exaggerated melancholy.  She wanted to bite it.  She wanted to bite it so bad, but she resisted.  Instead, she focused on his comment, which proved to be quite the convenient distraction as his words proceeded to intrigue her towards what he was planning to do next.

With no more encouragement than a mere suggestion, Elwood was suddenly hopping about like a Frog before his lover, all while she canted her head and smiled in amusement at him.  She caught his grin in the midst of his hopping,, and though she had no desire whatsoever to encourage the nickname "Frog", she couldn't help but feel compelled to join him in his antics.

"You need to stick your butt up on the air more," she offered after a moment, her body tensed as though she was about to join him though she continued to hold back.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood couldn't have been happier when Finley stood and started to give him a few pointers on how to perfect his hopping. He waited a moment, hoping that she would spring forward in the next instant, but she remained rooted to the ground for the time being. It seemed that she needed a little more encouragement from him.

"Well, you're the professional," he teased, giving his rump a little shake. He knew that she would find his asset enticing -- it seemed to be one of her favorite features. Then, following her directions, he shoved his rear end into the air and leaped again, feeling his spine extend and then curl with the motion.

Feeling as though he still wasn't quite capturing the essence of a true frog, he turned and looked back at Finley with another pout -- this one more plaintive. "I really think you need to show me..." he begged, pleading with his eyes.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Though everything about Elwood's antics was silly and adorable, Fin couldn't help but let her gaze wander to his bum while he hopped about.  He was certainly giving her quite the show, but of course he knew that.  Excited, she pulled herself up onto all fours to pace steadily along with him while he bounced, hopping out of the way herself when he decided to change direction.  She canted her head at him when he referred to her as the professional, a small, playful scowl slipping across her muzzle for just a moment before she was melting at the sight of his pouty face.

"Twigggg," Fin whined hesitantly before giving her dramatic declaration, "I swore that I'd never bounce again!"  She turned away from him to further the drama, though her tail continued to wag, likely giving her away.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
"Never bounce again?!" Elwood repeated with a horrified expression painted on his face. His jaw dropped, his mouth forming an elongated "o" as he ceased his forward motion, all four paws planted in the grass. There was a playful flicking of her tail that indicated that he might still be able to convince her to give a little hop or two, so he turned and followed her, reaching out to nip at the tip of that swinging silver pendulum.

He took a deep breath, then emitted a string of words: "Pleeeeease, pretty please with a cherry on top?! If you ever loved me, you'll show me!" He wasn't going to go down without a fight.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Though she'd turned away from him, Fin had no trouble picturing the shock and heartbreak upon her lover's face at her angsty declaration.  She turned her head slightly to give him a backward glance as he nipped at the tip of her tail before pelting her with pleading.  She sucked in a deep breath as she tried to continue to fight against the urge to give in.  His final plea caused her to narrow her eyes and she moved to thwap him on the muzzle with her tail.  How dare he try to pull that string!  He knew she loved him... Even though.. she couldn't admit to wanting to be his mate or have his babies or spend their whole lives together or anything like that....  Crap, maybe she did need to show him.

Finley remained still for a moment longer, simply wanting to extend his torment for as long as she could.  Then, suddenly, she spun to face him and crouched low for just a few seconds before she hopped forward a few inches.  After her first jump, she fixed Elwood with a little grin for a beat before proceeding to hop in circles around him, making little squeaks each time she landed.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Blake pulls the "if you ever loved me" line on me all the time, hahaha.

The suspense continued to build; Elwood felt that he couldn't make his eyes appear any rounder and childlike than they already were. He could feel his eyelids straining at the effort -- and his eyeballs were beginning to feel dry -- but he kept his gaze locked on Finley, even when she gave him a playful smack with her tail. The soft attack bounced off his face and only caused him to blink before reassuming the expression.

Finally, Finley abruptly dropped into a crouch. As a result, Elwood's excitement grew and his tail fanned the air behind him. Soon enough, she was hopping around him, accenting each movement with the tiniest and most adorable squeak. She didn't sound anything like a frog -- and didn't really look like one, either -- but he was just happy that she had given in. It obviously meant a lot for her to let her guard down in such a way; he would hold her trust close to his heart.

"There you go!" he cried amidst laughter, bouncing on the balls of his feet as his head turned and he watched her go 'round and 'round.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
that's such a low blow! lol

Elwood's appreciation for her antics was obvious.  Even if he'd stifled his laughter, the constant swiping of his tail through the wind made it quite clear that he was highly amused.  That was alright with Fin - if she was going to make an ass of herself, she better at least have an appreciative crowd.

After making a good show of her bouncing technique, she couldn't help but begin to notice that Elwood had not joined her.  She twisted in the air on her last bounce to angle herself towards him, a frown upon her face as she peered up at him.  "Hey!  You gonna join me or what?" she barked playfully at him, her tail waving like a flag over her lowered upper body, "I know you're an amateur at this and all, but you gotta start somewhere."

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
It wasn't long before Finley beckoned Elwood to join her, which didn't at all surprise him. If she was willing to make a fool of herself, then he was more than happy to do the same right alongside her. He gave a yip by way of reply, crouching and imitating her play-bow position, then he leapt to the side.

When his paws hit the ground, he propelled himself forward, resuming the hippity hoppity motions that he had engaged in previously. Glancing over his shoulder, he called out, "Ribbit, ribbit! Come and get me, you sexy frog!" He then wiggled his eyebrows -- and his bum -- and bounced away from her.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
We could prolly wrap up soon and have new? :D

Elwood was not one to refuse his woman, even in the most dire of times, so it was no surprise that he was quick to join her in this very silly moment.  Fin laughed as he wriggled his butt at her and hopped away, challenging her to come and get him.  She changed her direction swiftly to chase after him.  She was positive that they looked absurd, but as she bounced after him, the only thing she was aware of was the strength of the laughter that escaped her throat.

"You get that cute little bum back here!" Fin barked as she hopped.  When she came near enough to reach him, she swiped out a paw at one of his ankles, hoping to hook her arm around him and pull him to the ground so that she could nibble on his face.