Redhawk Caldera Another Hunt
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
For @Finley but AW! :D. Gamekeeps thread. PP'ing Fin slightly by bumping into her. XD

Sebastian was still pleased of the food her provided with Elwood just a few days ago. The young male wanted another success like that, but sniffing out Elwood had been rather difficult since it always seemed to mix with a female scent. He guessed that was Finley, the female beta. Sebastian figured they were a mated couple. Not that it was any of his business if they weren't. The grey tank build wolf had his nose against the ground as he tracked his friend Elwood. His tail waving eagerly behind him. 

He noticed that the scent was getting stronger, it definitely was. But by now the male was starting to get confused if he was tracking Elwood or Finley. That is when he ran into something soft yet also.. hard? He stepped back and looked up. "Ah...," he spoke in realization. "You are not Elwood...,' he pointed out the obvious. 
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Funnily enough, Fin had been watching Sebastian from the moment he'd entered her line of sight.  She'd heard tales of a big ass MFer joining their ranks, but DAMN.  He was a fuckin' beast.  It was because she was busy marveling over his impressive size that she didn't notice until it was too late that he was about to bump right into her.

She braced herself not a moment too soon for the impact, which was actually rather mild.  Canting her head, she watched as the male straightened and peered awkwardly at her.  A smile stretched slowly across her muzzle as he informed her that she was not Elwood.  That was fun!  "Actually I am," she explained with a casual tone, "I nipped off my man bits and drilled an extra hole back there.  You can call me 'Elly' now."  A grin flashed across her face and she batted her eyelashes rather animatedly at him.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at the girl in front of him and then had to smile as her comment. At first the male was a bit shocked she would say such things about Elwood but then he realized she must have been Finley, this mate or whatever they were doing. "Sounds painful," he laughed. "Kudos for bringing it with so much enthusiasm and glee," Sebastian laughed. His pale eyes glanced over her. She did look a bit like Elwood. Though her scent was far more feminine of course. 

"You must be Miss Beta Finley," he spoke politely. "I'm Sebastian by the way. Peregrine told me to introduce myself to you. I was looking for Elwood to hunt once more, but maybe you like the offer of a hunt with me?" The tank of a wolf actually sounded rather charming. Sebastian's father used that charming side to hide the darkness he was hiding. With Sebastian, since he wanted nothing to do with his father and his horrible behavior, it made him even more adorable when he was all polite and charming.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin snickered at the look of shock on the male's face - an expression he abandoned all too soon for her liking.  Realization came next, and thus Fin knew that this game at least was at an end.  His laughter brought the mirth back to her eyes, though, and very soon he proved that when one game ended, the next was quick to begin.

Fin nodded importantly when he guessed her name correctly, intrigued when he told her that Peregrine had instructed him to introduce himself to her.  Were the tables reversed, Fin definitely would've told the n00b to do something absurd to Peregrine when they first met.  Ohhh maybe she'd tell the next newbie that Peregrine was mostly deaf and to shout really loudly at him and to gesticulate wildly...  She'd have to remember that one...

But anyway.

"Oh I am always down for a hunt!" Fin replied enthusiastically, "What're we after today?  Squirrels?  Badgers?  Moose?  Cougars?  Bears?  Dragons?"  It had been a while since the beta female had done anything completely asinine.  She was definitely due, even though she had no doubt in her mind that Sebastian would choose something far more sensible as game.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian liked how playful this female was, or was openly joking about the other. If felt much more casual then he expected this pack to be. The only wolf he met so far that treated him non casually was Peregrine himself. Maybe that was what gotten him a wrong impression of this whole Caldera. The large grey smiled when she accepted his invitation. How wonderful. The prey she suggested were rather interesting and most of them he never hunted before. "Well be my guest. What would the lady like?," Sebastian returned with a charming smile.

He wouldn't mind being flexible. He wanted to broaden his gamekeeper skills, which meant that he needed to be able to hunt several types of prey. Even one they didn't normally see as prey. "Moose are quite big for only us two right? How are you with fish?," Sebastian questioned then.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
For all intents and purposes - Fin was fairly good at being a beta.  She performed her duties well enough, and she was certainly unflinchingly loyal to the Caldera and the alphas that she served.  She was also rather bad at it, at the same time.  The whole... formal, dominant, powerful thing was not really her deal.  She'd always received respect from other wolves, but it wasn't because she demanded it or even that she asked - she simply had the personality and character to which respect was due.

Which was pretty lucky for Fin, because she couldn't have pulled off intentional dominance if she'd tried.

"Um...Well," Fin started slowly before giving a little grin, "Fish are fine.  I'm no expert fisherwoman, but I can hold my own against those slippery bitches."  She had been prepared to say that moose were WAY more her speed as they not only presented a challenge, but one that put her life on the line.  He had made it fairly clear already that he was not of the same mindset, however, and so she willingly respected that.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian didn't want to be responsible for the death or injury of a beta because he wanted to hunt moose. When he was younger he liked to go after all the crazy type of prey but he had learned his lesson when he and another hunter got injured by such abad creature. Only with a big pack it was possible to Sebastian's beliefs. 

His large body nodded with a hint of a smile. He grew up by a river. He knew his way with fishing. He would show her. "They are rather slippery," Sebastian laughed softly. "Well show me the good fishing sport then," Sebastian returned. He knew fish wasn't as easily kept as meat. He disliked the smell of rotting fish. To him it wasn't as bad as rotting meat. The charcoal male was positive there were more mouths in this pack that liked a piece of fish. 
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley pondered his question for only a few moments before responding.  "You know... I've never really fished here before," she admitted thoughtfully before a smile flashed across her muzzle, "but, I figure fish are usually founding in water.  And so, I may have some ideas."  She gave the burly male another smirk before she pranced forward, her tail whisking about as though gesturing for him to come along.

With that, she began trotting steadily and swiftly towards the center of the territory where laid the vast lake upon their very heart.  Fortunately, they weren't too far from their destination (Stevie decided), and soon were traipsing across the cool waters that brushed across the shore.  She gave a glance to her companion then, smirking as she did so.  "Well, impress me," she commanded with a grin, "Impress your beta with your skills!"

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was surprised to hear that but on the other hand he wasn't. If there was enough bigger game why hunt for fish? It wasn't their natural prey but they could eat it. Sebastian preferred a stream instead of a big lake. But since they were heading there he didn't mind to broaden up his skill set. He followed the Beta female into the water. And then had a smirk on his lips. "Alright. I can do that," he pointed out calmly. He then turned his pale eyes to the water and didn't move. He almost turned into a statue or a heron. It was the animal he stole the technique from.

He hoped the Beta next to him wouldn't move too much to scare the fish away. Sebastian decided to move a bit away from her and to deeper water. He was tall enough for it. He stood motion less until the point the male suddenly dove down and resurfaced with quite the big fish between his jaws. His head was moving a bit because the fish was wiggling and splattering so much between his jaws. He grinned a bit and moved back to place the fish on the shore. "Impressed or?"
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fishing was something that took a great deal of patience, which meant Fin had no time for it.  Patience really wasn't her thing, especially when the prize was just some floppy bag of weird tasting meat.  Fish posed no threat to her safety, and thus were of little interest to her.  If she was going to be patient, it was going to be for something she could have some real fun with - something with claws or teeth or hooves that could actually split her skin and shed some blood.  Now that was a hunt.

So, while Sebastian went ahead and began to fish in order to impress her, the beta female simple waded around a little and watched him.  She'd actually begun to zone out entirely when a loud splash snapped her attention back to her companion just in time to see him pop his head back out of the water with a large fish flailing about in his jaws.  A laugh slipped out of her muzzle as she followed him back towards the shore, giving herself a good shake once her paws were comfortably upon dry land again, and trotting over to where their lunch continued to writhe around, gasping for air.

"Now that is a tasty-looking mother fucker..." Fin commented with a grin as she paced around it.  Her gaze flickered back to Sebastian after a moment, inspecting him with feigned concern, "It didn't bite you, did it?"

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Due to Sebastian being a loner for such a long time and being in a pack that was focussed on being perfect. If one got injured you were of no use to this pack so Sebastian was raised to be utterly careful. It was shown in the prey he would hunt and how cautious he was. Probably why he liked to fish because it took patience and a calm mind. He dropped to fish and then grinned. "Nope it didn't," he returned to the female with a proud grin. "These ones don't have teeth but I've heard of fish with teeth that live in the south."

The tank of a male put an end to the fish's life and then with a quick nudge moved it to Finley feet. "Ladies first," he spoke with a hint of a smile. He could always hunt for more. Fish would need to eaten quickly since it wasn't something that could be kept for a long time. The fish smelled foul after being in the sun for a long time.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin gave her companion a grin when he commented on his catch. She very nearly made a joke about were-fish or werewolf fish (it wasn't going to be funny, I promise), but Sebastian was quickly moving forward by sharing an interesting fact about fish in the South. She'd never heard of fish with teeth before and was just letting her imagination wander away when he was speaking again.

While Fin was appreciative when he offered the fish to her, she wasn't really hungry enough to stomach that weird-tasting, squishy, flakey meat. So, she made a different suggestion. "Hey, how about we take this fish on over to Fox and the firebirds?" she asked with a cant of her head, "I'm sure mama bear would appreciate it?"

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Fade? :D

Sebastian nodded instantly when she suggested to bring it to fox and her family. The tank was always hunting for them, most of the time. All the food he hunt down ended up being the meals for the alphas and their little ones. Sebastian decided to rebel for one day, even though it was the Beta he was speaking to. "No. Then I will eat it myself. Ever since I got here most of my meals go to them and they probably don't even like fish the way I do," he spoke and then grabbed the dead being and started eating from it.

Plus the fish bones could be dangerous for those little ones and he rather not have them choke on them. He would probably be killed if one of the pups died because of him. He rather not have that. "Are you sure you don't want a piece?," he then offered again. 
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin gave the wolf tank a blank stare when he rejected her suggestion.  Since she wasn't privvy to his inner monologue, she was just kinda.. stunned.  I mean, really?  Not only was he going to deny the alpha and her children a meal, he was going to reject the suggestion of his beta?  Fin settled a little when he proceeded to explain that he'd been sending most of his catches their way since he got there.  It made this sudden bout of selfishness a little clearer, but she still wasn't too certain what to make of it.

"Yeah, I'm good," she insisted with a mildly fake smile.  Seeing as he wasn't going to share his dinner with anyone but her, she decided perhaps it would be best if she took up the task of securing some dinner for the alpha family.  "I've got some beta things to do," she insisted after a beat, "I'll see you around."  Just before she turned to leave, she gave him an actual smile.  She supposed she couldn't fault a guy for wanting a meal for himself every once in a while.  With a flash of her tail, she scampered off to track down some grub for her favorite little puppies.