Stavanger Bay [m] ride of the valkyries
i'm an immortal spirit now with a heart made of steel
7 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Went ahead and added the little in the title so they are prepared for the language (which doesn't seem that bad to me? but I put the warning up anyway)! :P Also, clearly Bryn has this all wrong, LOL; sorry she's such a butt ;/.

The widow's face had taken on a strange look, no doubt her physical reaction to the valkyrja's unabashed question; but to Brynhildr whom had grown up hearing stories of a womanizer as opposed to a man sworn to one woman the idea of Ragnar having finally settled was, for some reason, unnerving to the young queen. What, precisely, was she supposed to do that the legends told of Ragnar Lodbrok did not match up to the man that this woman claimed to be him? So was Thistle's Ragnar an imposer or ...were the legends glorified, covered in gold to make him more than he really was?  Surely not the latter. Her culture put much faith and stock into their legends and to doubt them was as good as doubting the Gods themselves. A soft shiver rippled down her spine as she considered the blasphemous idea before she whisked the thought briskly away. “af kopar,” The valkyrja murmured, though she did not elaborate upon her epiphany. The widow said it herself: she was the reason that Ragnar did not live up to his legend. The reason that her 'stories' of Ragnar was a disappointment to Brynhildr and through her, his culture.

“It is a shame,” The Ragnarsdóttir sighed, stretching her front paws leisurely. “I would have liked to have met the God slayer himself.” What would sound like a compliment to anyone else, was not precisely meant as a compliment when she spoke it now. “It will never happen.” Because Brynhildr would never seen Valhalla — instead she lusted for a different hall of Asgard, more fitting of her stature — and even if she would have, she suddenly wondered if Odin was even capable of forgiveness and would have seen Ragnar to the hall of Valhalla.
Messages In This Thread
[m] ride of the valkyries - by Brynhildr - June 06, 2015, 11:31 AM
RE: ride of the valkyries - by Thistle Cloud - June 06, 2015, 11:39 AM
RE: ride of the valkyries - by Brynhildr - June 06, 2015, 11:55 AM
RE: ride of the valkyries - by Thistle Cloud - June 06, 2015, 12:02 PM
RE: ride of the valkyries - by Brynhildr - June 06, 2015, 12:17 PM
RE: ride of the valkyries - by Thistle Cloud - June 06, 2015, 12:29 PM
RE: ride of the valkyries - by Brynhildr - June 07, 2015, 06:15 AM
RE: ride of the valkyries - by Thistle Cloud - June 07, 2015, 03:56 PM
RE: [m] ride of the valkyries - by Brynhildr - June 10, 2015, 03:48 PM
RE: [m] ride of the valkyries - by Thistle Cloud - July 11, 2015, 10:50 AM