Bearclaw Valley So It's Everyone Changing, Never Be the Same
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Finally, he'd returned. Or, rather, he'd finally regained his energy after returning.

It'd taken much longer than expected, the journey he'd went on. Never had he'd expected to go so far as to leave the Wilds entirely, but he hadn't been able to help it. He'd heard a rumor, of sorts, telling of a family member of his. His sister, to be more precise, one of the ones he'd believed to be dead. She was very much alive, however. He had seen her, as well as a few other members of his family. It was good to know she was alive, and had actually made him quite happy to have discovered such a thing. Kove had wished to stay longer, enjoying being with his family, but his elder brother and sister had forced him to leave. They had explained to him that, while the Inuit may trust the others of his pack to look after his lover, they could only do so much. They'd explained how friends could not comfort someone in the same way as a lover could, but he hadn't paid much mind to that. Scarlett was close with the others, they were more her family than they were simple friends, and he'd countered with that. In the end, however, he had lost the battle, and was sent back on his way to return to his new home. He'd gone through and said his goodbyes, even met a few family members who were newer to the world, but then he'd gone on his way. One or two had tried to follow, but had stayed behind in the end.

The journey home had taken less time than the journey up, as he was determined to return back home. He did not wish to risk missing the birth of his children, after all. Even after he'd returned, though, the male did not seek out his partner or any of the others. His legs were tired, and so he'd found a place to sleep and left it at that. For awhile, he'd just laid, unsure how exactly to go about revealing that he was back, and also to regain any lost strength from the journey in case anyone was peeved about his leaving. He had done so without warning, more or less, after all, so he could understand if any rifts had been created. Finally, though, the male tipped his head back and let out a howl as he moved towards the boulder path, having been keeping more to the outskirts of the territory than the heart. His howl was for no one in particular, since he wasn't sure if @Scarlett could even answer it as this point, but then he let a separate one out just for her.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett didn't feel so well. She was felling sick again and the pups were pressing on her organs which really made her hurt. The den didn't even scent of Kove anymore. It was only her own scent and around the entrance was Raziel's scent. She didn't really let him enter the den, she would usually drag herself out. Scarlett really learned that being pregnant was no walk in the park. She was aching all over and she didn't even had her mate to sooth her, or even hunt for her. It had all been Raziel. She felt lonely. Scarlett felt that only Raziel was around, the others didn't even check upon her. This thought process got her into another melodramatic mood. She had them more often, not sure if they were hormones or more than that.

She was really longing for her mate. It was not how she pictured this, not at all. Once she heard his howl it was almost like she dreamed it. With a lot of effort she got herself to her feet, belly heavily in the way as she tried to get out of the den. It was horrible. Then there was a howl especially for her. At first there was anger and hurt, why did he leave for so long? But she did want to see him. Smell him again. This place should smell of her and Kove. Not her alone with a dash of Raziel. Scarlett howled back since she couldn't really walk to him. Getting out of the den was enough of a struggle to exhaust her. She sat down, her heavily rounded sides sticking out even more in this position.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Truthfully, he hadn't expected to be greeted, or even hear back from anyone. The disappearing act he'd pulled, along with leaving the alpha duties to his lover alone, was not a good thing. He hadn't been able to help himself, though, and hoped that Scarlett—as well as everyone else—would understand why he had needed to go. The albino may not have a good relationship with her blood family, but the bond between the Inuits and their families were exceptionally strong, and that bond was what had driven him. Sure, he had children on the way, but they were not yet of the same world as him. They were still growing and readying themselves to be born, whereas his sister had already been born long ago, allegedly died, and was then sort of revived. It was like a miracle, to him, but also made him wonder why he'd been bestowed with such a gift. Perhaps it was just a simple stroke of dumb luck, or maybe there was more to it. Eventually, he would look into it, try to piece together what had happened and how she had survived, but how now his mind was drawn back to present day as he heard a howl but through the air. It was a response to his, from the woman he suspected would be the most upset with him. What he'd done had not been what he'd promise he would do at the beginning. Kove had said he would be their to look after her and protect her, but he'd done neither of those things. Instead, he'd run off, going farther than he would admit to anyone else that he had.

The ghost let his legs carry him through the valley, following the direction from which Scarlett's answer had sounded. It came from the area he knew their den to be, and as he drew closer he could see why she had not come to him. Her stomach had rounded out considerably since he'd last seen her, leaving him momentarily confused and worried. Confused as to how she could move at all, and worried over how much strain it must be putting on her. Even still, she looked much better than he did. The red print on his shoulder had faded quite a bit, and his fur had gone without being properly groomed during his entire trip back to Bearclaw. He'd been too focused on returning to pay much attention to his appearance. Though looking a bit worse for wear, he was still in good health and had managed to make the long journey with little to no complications. Kove moved towards her, hesitant at first over how she might react, but got over it quicker than usual and closed the distance between them. The first thing he did was nudge her cheek gently with his cold nose, before pulling his head back only enough to look at her face. Patjalotik, the man murmured, offering her a smile as he met her gaze, and momentarily forgetting he was no longer with those of his birth place. Once he realized what he had said was not in the common tongue, he gave a gentle shake to his head before looking to her face once more. “I missed you,” he said, this time in a way that she would understand.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett watched how a ragged white-ish wolf came to her. She almost didn't recognize her mate until he was right before her. Scarlett's ears fell back but she allowed Kove to nuzzle her cheek. Instantly she did feel more safe and laid down. She was close to bursting really. She wanted them out too. The female was tired of carrying their weight around. "Oh Kove," she puffed. "I don't know if I should be mad or happy to have you back. Maybe I feel both," she muttered. As she laid on her side, it was clear there was movement in her belly. Kove hadn't even been there when she felt the first kick. She hadn't be able to share that luck with anyone. She couldn't really go to Raziel for that. It would be weird.

"I missed you too," the white queen then returned. "The babies will be here soon I am glad you didn't miss the birth of our first litter," Scarlett spoke, almost sounding like she was planning on having more litters, and she actually was, even though the pregnancy had taken a toll on her. "Why were you gone for so long? I needed you. I can't hunt anymore. I needed you as my husband and you weren't there! I had to ask Raziel, and given our background I wasn't really intending that he would take care of me," she returned, sounding a bit angry at the moment. "You better be a father to your children otherwise I don't see why us being mated has any value if you stay away from me," the red eyed female added. It sounded surprisingly harsh for the kind female but she disliked to feel abandoned and forgotten. "I love you so much, please don't leave me alone for so long again," she then whispered, sounding more saddened than angry.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The man watched her reactions to him closely, like he was analyzing her—which he pretty much was. She was still the same old Scarlett, though considerably larger than when he'd last seen her. While some might feel bad for doing as he had, he could not bring himself to. True, he loved her and his unborn children, but he did not regret his decisions. When someone you care for seemingly comes back from the dead, you want to be there to see it for your own eyes. He'd needed to go, to confirm the whispers and put his mind at ease, and he had. He could not feel bad for it, his bond with his family preventing him from doing so. He would have done the same if it were Scarlett in his sister's place, anyways. Still, he wasn't so sure if she would understand why he needed to leave, and he couldn't hold that against her. They were raised in two different ways, under different circumstances, and shared different bonds with their blood-relatives. As she laid on her side, though, he was reminded that his family up North were no longer the only family he had. He had those of the Brotherhood, he had Scarlett, and he had his soon-to-be-born children. Those he'd grown up alongside were not his only family anymore, and he knew that. He accepted that. “I do apologize for leaving like I did,” he informed her, eyes following her every movement. Kove was both amazed, and a bit disgusted, by the appearance of her stomach. Amazed by the fact that he knew what caused the growth, but disgust whenever he could see little movements. That was a very weird thing to witness, and was probably something he couldn't get use to even if he wanted to. It was just... too weird to look at, and yet he couldn't move his gaze too far from it.

His attention was diverted back to her face when she started speaking once again, his ears cupping forward slightly as he heard what was said. First litter—implying she wished for more in the future, which confused the hell out of him. The appearance of her stomach looked painful, almost, and she was prepared to do it again. It was insane, in his mind, but then again, he didn't actually know how she felt physically. “I am glad I didn't miss their birth, either,” the Inuit returned, doing his best to keep his gaze on her face. When she started speaking, however, keeping his eyes on her face was no longer a difficult task. The tone she took caused his ears to fall back, his expression showing he was rather shocked to hear her speak in such a way. Could he really blame her, though? The albino had every right to be both angry and upset with him. “I had to leave,” he started, using as calm of a tone as he was able. “I had heard rumors of my sister, one who I'd believed to be dead. The rumors spoke of her being alive, and I had needed to look into it myself. I had needed to see with my own two eyes if she was truly still alive or not. I will apologize for leaving in the way that I did, but I will not apologize for leaving entirely.” He couldn't be sorry for wanting to know if his sister was alive or not. When she went on about his role as a father, and of their relationship, he couldn't keep himself from pulling his ears back entirely, showing that he was far from appreciative of her words and tone. Visiting home had changed him a bit, it'd reminded him of his roots and where he truly came from, and his way of acting up there followed him when he'd returned back to the valley. “I will be a father for them,” the man stated, a bit offended that she would even consider the possibility of him not being one to them. They were his children, and she his lover. He could not change that even if he wanted to—and he certainly didn't. As she neared the end of her words, and her tone changed, he let out a low sigh. “I love you, too, Scarlett,” Kove told her, lowering himself onto his stomach in order to touch his nose to her cheek once more. “I will not be leaving again. If I ever have to, though, I will tell your properly so you do not worry. You need to know that, in the end, I will always return to be by your side.” It was a fact, rather than a simple statement. He could not leave her, not ever. He would even fight for her, if such a thing ever arose. It was she who he loved, and always would love no matter what.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Raziel had been keeping his promise to himself and had been tracking a herd of elk through the Valley, hunting alone was no easy feat so it took longer than a pack hunt, but he was determined to bring one down and bring it to Scarlett. She would be so happy, right? He loved to see her when she was happy, it brightened his day so much which was a good thing since he was mostly seething at Kove's behavior whenever he was away from her. Just thinking of horrible ways to slaughter that SOB when he came back, if he ever came back.

If Scarlett had just stayed single for a few more months, she wouldn't be with the unfaithful Kove, she would be with him, they would be happy together. She wouldn't be carrying Kove's pups, she would be carrying his, Roman pups and their pack would flourish. But that would not happen, not yet, and no matter what, Raz knew he would love the albino's kids as if they were his own, even if he could not be a father in name to them.

A howl rang through the air, interrupting the greyscale Beta's thoughts, and immediately, Raziel broke off from the herd and ran to the entrance but by then, Kove had vanished, probably making his way to Scarlett's den. Was he a coward, a craven? Did he not wish to face Raz like a man? Scowling, the Roman made his way to the albino's den, where he stayed by the shadows, staying downwind of them so they would not be aware of him and listened to their conversation, listened and observed.

When Kove lowered himself onto his stomach and touched her cheek, the battle hardened Roman strode forward, making himself known. He gazed stoically at both of them, uttering not a single word, but simply looked.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
For Scarlett it was very difficult to understand why Kove left so long. She thought he was on a secret mission. Not visiting his family. The red eyed female din't understand that he wanted to see his family. Her family life had been so aptly different from Kove that she couldn't really relate. Scarlett never wanted to see her family again. She was glad she had her own family. She would never search for the wolves that tormented her. Hopefully they wouldn't come searching for her either. Though Scarlett doubted that they could find her in this valley. She was safely hidden away from anyone he wanted to hurt her. Scarlett wondered what Tuwawi was going. Not completely sure if she would be safe from that wolf. She disliked to think that. Kove apologized it to her. Scarlett as forgiving as she was instantly accepted the apology. "Knowing you are sorry means a lot already," she spoke softly and with a tug of a smile.

Scarlett never really wanted to attack Kove so verbally. "I am not going to say I can relate to your reasoning in seeing your family. I would go look for you if you were seen alive," she spoke quietly. She had this little attacks of anger or sadness they didn't stick with her for long which was clearly seen now. Scarlett was calming down more each second. She was glad to have her mate back. She needed him around. The girl clung to loved ones since she wanted to positive feedback from them. Since she missed out on it for so long now it was something she wished to hold on to. Kove's I love you was all she needed to hear. She wiggled closer to him as he laid down and nosed through his fur. Her red eyes closed as she inhaled his scent. She missed him so much her heart ached out of happiness. "I want you to be a father for them. I just really missed---" Scarlett stopped when she sensed something moving close by.

As she looked up she saw Raziel. She was instantly worried that something happened since he looked so... distanced. Scarlett scrambled up in a sitting position. "What is wrong? Did something happen?," the worried female let out, clearly trusting Raziel's judgement completely.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The Inuit was glad that Scarlett could accept his apology so easily, but he hadn't expected anything other than that. Though she had her moments every now and again, she was a very sweet woman overall. He often felt she was too forgiving, but for once he didn't think about that. He was just glad she could accept his apology and his reasoning for leaving, even if she might not be able to understand it entirely. He enjoyed hearing her soft voice when speaking to him, and couldn't help but smile back when he caught a hint of one on her face. It felt nice, to him, feeling sure that she was no longer mad—or at least not as mad as she had seemed in the beginning. It was the way things were suppose to be, then, with the two of them together and waiting for their children to come into the world. The ache he once had to return home, even if for only a moment, was gone, and he was happy being at her side once more. Every couple went through hardships every now and again, and he was relatively glad to have gotten a major one done and over with. Even when they'd first met, he'd had a feeling he would need to return to his place of birth someday, and now he'd completed it. He'd returned unscathed, though a little dirty, and was welcomed back into his home.

He hadn't expected her to be able to relate to his reasoning for leaving, having heard her past and how her family had treated her. Kove disliked them for it, and probably always would, even if he never met any of them. To treat a member of one's family in the same manner they did was unthinkable to the Inuit. It was pretty much a crime, even, when pushed to extremes. He was happy, however, when he heard her speak of searching for him if he'd ever been seen alive, after having been thought to be dead. He liked the idea of that, in some aspects, but in other ways he didn't. If a time every came where he was to be thought dead, it was probably for a reason, and something he wouldn't want her looking into. Just as his sister hadn't been fond of the idea of him looking into her little disappearance act. “I'm honoured that you would look for me,” he informed her, leaving out his worries, as they were unnecessary. The ghost was not going anywhere anytime soon, after all.

The pale lupine as listening to her words, but his ears went back when he head someone approaching, and his head went up when Scarlett paused in the middle of her sentence. He was quick to stand up, putting part of himself in front of the albino slightly as his head turned to face whoever had approached. When he saw the face of who it was, and heard the crimson-eyed woman's voice directed towards Raziel, he relaxed once more. The Roman was someone he knew, and someone he felt he could trust at the end of the day. To be on edge towards him seemed irrational, but even still, Kove still watched him carefully. Scarlett may have accepted him back, but he didn't know the silver man well enough to figure out whether he would have the same level of forgiveness. A part of him told the Inuit that he didn't, that he couldn't, and so he watched carefully, awaiting the other to answer the woman's inquiries.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
It was in that moment when Raziel hardened his heart, built a wall, an armor around it. It was obvious that no matter how much he tried, how much he cared, how much he attempted to prove his loyalty, his love to Scarlett that she would never accept him. She loved the spawn of Tartarus, she loved the disloyal, unfaithful Inuit man, she loved the pathetic excuse of a wolf, she was blind to his love, blind to the fact that she belonged with him, not that monster she was with. He might have broke down and cried right there and then if Kove hadn't been there with the albino. The sight of him elicited dark and fiery hatred that brewed angrily beneath his silver breast, waiting to be unleashed.

"Nothing is wrong," Raziel said sharply with a fierce cant of his head, his teal eyes drifted from Scarlett to Kove who stood partly in front of the albino with his stupid white pelt and stupid copper eyes. He wanted to slaughter the Inuit there, but the Roman knew he could never do it. He had grown close to the man in their time as packmates in the Valley, and he knew if danger should ever come upon him, he would defend Kove with his life. But right now, none of that mattered, for all he felt was icy cold hatred and anger.

"Back are you?" he said with an uncharacteristic curtness. "Finally decided it was time to fucking run back to wifey's arms?" Raziel smiled in a villainous manner. "I hope you aren't going to let that self-important fuckface back into our ranks in a blink of an eye just because you love him," he turned to inform Scarlett, his face remaining stoic.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett visibly relaxed when Raziel mentioned that nothing was wrong. Scarlett wasn't keen on having much stress now with the babies so close being born. Her red eyes fell on Raziel, wondering if there was something wrong. He looked different than he normally did. Scarlett had no clue about the Roman's love for her. He had said in the beginning that they would be brother and sister so Scarlett had done her mighty best to feel that way. She loved Kove and even though he wasn't perfect she couldn't deny that Raziel had been a better mate to her than Kove had been the last few months. Still, the white queen was completely oblivious to Raziel's love. She thought of him being a very good pack member but his motivation seemed to come from another drive.

Scarlett was visibly shocked when Raziel called Kove out like that. Where they going to fight? Oh dear! No fighting! Still Scarlett didn't realize that it was about her, that the two men both loved her. "Raziel don't say that!," she let out with a sad frown. Frankly she was happy to have het Kove back. Her red eyes widened when he directed a question at her. "I.. um... I.. Raziel!," she ended up whining after her verbal stumbling. Scarlett really wasn't fit to be an alpha so it seemed. She couldn't even talk back to Raziel. "But I want him to be back," she let out weakly like she was being scolded for something and now felt super bad about it.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Apologies for the wait, and the small post. x-x @Scarlett & @Raziel

When the silver wolf answered Scarlett, his tone was less than desirable. Kove's body stiffened, once more, and his eyes narrowed. Though usually calm, he was still tired from his long journey, and felt the other man should not be speaking to his lover with such a sharpened tone. She was, currently, his leader, and the Inuit believed she should be respected and spoken to as such. "Nipakittuk," the man stated in a low voice, though he didn't expect the other to understand him. It was more a strategy to get the other's focus off of the albino, and onto him. He'd discovered during his travels that speaking to someone in a language unfamiliar to them was often a quick way to get their attention, and even quicker if spoken in a rough or low way. He couldn't care less of what the other's reaction would be towards it, just as long as it removed his attention from the crimson-eyed female.

He ignored the Roman's next words, and instead swiveled his ears to focus on on what the female close to him was saying. He wanted her to stay calm, having been informed by his sisters that any extra stress could be bad for children still in a mother's womb. He turned his head to look at her, touching his nose to her cheek gently as an act of reassurance. He was too tired to fight, and wouldn't do such a thing with her around, anyways. "It's alright, Scarlett," he let out, hoping to give her a boost of confidence. The man knew she wasn't a naturally dominate wolf, anyone could easily see that, actually, but he didn't want her letting the silver man speak to her in such a way. He certainly didn't want her whining or speaking in a weak manner back to him, either, as that would most likely give the impression that he was free to treat her in such a way again—which, in Kove's mind, he certainly was not. "If you wish for me to be back, then I will not go. You have the final word around here, not Raziel." With that, he let his copper gaze slide back to focus on the other male.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
last post from me :)

Raziel was angry. Scarlett should be glad that he wasn't using extremely insulting words, because he could. Growing up with an abusive father, he knew an extensive amount of profanity and insults whether they were in the common tongue or in another language. Aku taught his sons all the languages he knew, and though Raziel knew quite a lot, he wasn't entirely fluent in all languages as he left his home pack early after he came off age. It didn't matter, most of these wilds only knew the common tongue anyways, as long as he was fluent in English he would be fine. But apparently Kove was not from this land and when the Inuit spoke to him in another language in a low tone, Raziel was rather surprised that he had never heard of it. Well, it just meant that Kove was a weirdo from a weirdo land then.

But Kove's strategy did not work for the Roman's teal eyes remained firmly fixed on the albino female. They blazed with fury, pain and despair for a moment, allowing Scarlett to see what he was feeling before he quickly concealed the emotion in his eyes. A flash was enough, he didn't need her blabbing about what was wrong when her dear husband was beside her. "Clausum quisquilian," he said in his native tongue in reply to Kove, attention still fixed firmly at Scarlett.

"Do what you want, Scarlett," he said in a resigned manner. "Sicut semper et mittite in perpetuum, non vis?" He watched, the anger gone, replaced by weariness as Kove touched his nose to her cheek gently and told her that it was alright and that Scarlett would have the final word around here, not him. He shifted his turquoise gaze onto Kove, meeting his eyes firmly and coldly. "Welcome back," he smiled, and not in the nice way either. Then he turned and left, his bearing still as regal as ever. "Ascenda tuum," he muttered under his breath as he left.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
last post from me too!

Scarlett looked at Raziel and didn't understand half of what he was saying. Frankly she didn't even knew that he could speak another tongue. The heavily pregnant female was a bit shaken up by Raziel's words. She nestled herself against Kove, so happy that he was back! How did Raziel expect an answer if he was speaking a language she didn't understand. A soft sigh came from her lips. Scarlett just placed her head on Kove's paws and against his chest. She missed him so much. She was so happy to have him back!

This time he would stay! Soon she would have her babies and they would be a happy family. Kove would be their amazing dad and they would do this together. Scarlett was certain of it. Kove wanted this family too. She knew that. And if he was a great with the babies as he was with saving and helping her then she had no worries at all.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Thanks for the thread, guys~

The Inuit kept his gaze on the silver man, eyes narrowing with each word that left his mouth. He had not expected the other to use an unfamiliar tongue, too, especially one that was so odd. Somehow, the words seemed to match the other, in the sense that Kove was not taken aback by the fact that they were coming from him. They made no sense to him, just as the language he'd used had made no sense to the other. A Northerner and a Roman, neither knowing the other's native tongue, but having enough common sense to respond to the words appropriately. While he found it to be strange, the ghost would not speak out and share his opinion. Such a thing would, most likely, just lead to more issues—issues he didn't want his pregnant wife to bear witness to. Perhaps, later, he would speak to the younger in private, far from wherever Scarlett rested so as not to cause a commotion. For the time being, however, he simply held his ground and stared the other down. While the meanings of many of the words shot out were unknown to him, the pale man still listened closely, paying careful attention to the tone of the words, as well as any little movements made. He'd yet to truly relax, having only just returned, and so he was on high alert—which meant watching everything and everyone carefully, and paying close attention to every last word spoken.

Kove did not speak against the other again, but it took every ounce of willpower he could muster up not to bare his teeth at the other. He held himself back from doing so, not wishing to bring worry to the albino at his side. So, he held his tongue and he kept his anger from showing through, body rigid up until the point in which Raziel left. The second the other was no longer within his immediate line of sight, the traveler allowed for himself to relax, both physically and mentally. He returned his attention to Scarlett, offering her a smile before kissing her cheek. "PijugitsualikKunga," he murmured to her, careful to keep his voice soft. Despite the events that'd taken place moments prior, he was glad. Glad to be back, to be home, and to be with his lover. A content sigh slipped out his maw, and he lowered his head to rest it gently atop Scarlett's. Later, he would speak with Raziel, but for now he wanted to enjoy some time alone with the crimson-eyed woman.