Question: Discord Invites for Potential Members?
Lurker
0 Posts
Ooc — Etkri
Hello lovely staff!
I have a quick, potentially dumb question. I've got a friend interested in potentially joining, but likes to feel out a new forum before joining. Since the site doesn't allow guests to browse at their leisure, I was wondering if she could join the discord to get introduced to the community? I know the invite is normally only sent out after someone joins and gets a character approved, but is there an alternate option for those wanting to get acquainted before getting set up?

This is definitely a question in general for the future too, it's just I'm using my friend as an example since we're currently deciding what to do.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Discord is reserved for existing members only. I would suggest that your friend go ahead and make an account, even if they don't intend to play that character right away. It's a fairly simple process. There's no downside to creating an account, usernames are easy to change, and the approval process helps us vet new members. If they decide Wolf isn't for them, they can simply let the account go inactive.

We've had problems in the past with non-members in the Discord (hence the link being hidden to guests).