Blackfeather Woods March,
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
767 Posts
Ooc — anon
All Welcome 
open to any moonwolves who might have joined the quest! but also… any warriors who wanna get in on a mini plot! …

a great sacrifice has been left for Sekhmet. it’s blood lined her eyes, bleeding over the places the kohl was oft placed—her gemstone gaze was sharp as she contemplated all that would come. 
and what else might have occurred! now that they moved, future messages might not reach herself and her camp—but before they had gone, they sent one to Muat Riya—“we return”. 
no specifics offered—then, Toula had not been sure how many might take this stand with her. and now at the head of it, they moved as one for this righteous cause. all the while Toula considered Akashingo’s weaker points, points that must be addressed—how had this happened? 
in Pharaoh’s voice she spoke, now we must prioritize our army. Akashingo must have a fierce force—the fiercest. men and women capable of keeping our home safe, at all times, Toula would send the message that they sought strong soldiers. but she looks to her husband, @Rashepses, thinking he would surely be on the same page.
Akashingo
Semer-wati*
273 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
Something passed through Rashepses’ yellow eyes. A flicker that was finite.

“I will raise this army, wife. Until the day our sons come of age.” His eyes surveyed her. “You are overtired. You need water.” It was a long way to the blue palace. Too long for a woman of her status to walk.

And as much as it pleased him to see how she sharpened on the march, he feared. A pair of fellahin kept close by their master’s order, to see her feet were tended and meals provided. One stepped dutifully forward now to water his Pharaoh.

Rashepses’ gaze was steady over Toula. “Muat-riya has fallen into chaos.” It suggested many things, least not the need for structural reform.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
767 Posts
Ooc — anon
she wanted to fight the words, but knew she could not—because he was right. she was. Toula knew the pace they pressed was quicker than what was perhaps normal, but time was of the essence. still, she did not wish to harm any in this undertaking—not on this journey home. and so she slowed, looking to her people and nodding that they make this a place of rest for a time. 
his words are a balm. she is soothed, and she leans against him. let us all rest for a moment, and as they do, she moves to a quieter place with her husband, away from eyes and ears, after having been watered. throat cool and mind clearer, she moves only a little deeper into the woods with her husband near. to any searching eye, she would be clear.
Toula missed their children. but looking to him, the familiar golden gleam of his gaze, she recalled them easily and smiled. her strength felt as though it were renewing itself within her already. we could not have anticipated this, my love. my father has never faced such a threat. perhaps it is because they think that I shall not retaliate that this transpires, Toula shook her head. it was known she was not a violent woman. 
she takes his paws within her own. but for what they have done… of course they would. her voice shook. she thought, quiet for a moment. 
Muat-Riya. her heart ached. our poor Hebsut. there must be another there to aid her. she cannot be alone—Muat-Riya is a jewel desired by too many, it seems, and Toula felt she had failed her beloved Eset. how could she make it up to her? how?
Akashingo
Semer-wati*
273 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
Alone, they slipped through the trees. In shade, the color on Toula’s face was like pressed olives, smooth and divine and impossible to ignore. Rashepses’ gaze lingered, brushing a hand across her cheek before turning to look at their brothers in arms.

She spoke of his greatest failures. Mereo had been promised on the eve of their engagement, and also in the state of dreaming that measured the Pharaoh Ramesses against the riverprince.

“I should have,” his jaw tensed, “that is my sworn duty to you, Pharaoh.” She takes his hand. Rashepses’ gaze, which had been circling the troops, flickered to his wife, paw stiffening.

“Our poor hebsut,” he agreed, “she cannot be alone. There is no denying her value to our kingdom, my love. Return the servant to Akashingo. Allow her rest. She makes a fair lady-in-waiting to you. The jodai, @Khusobek, is a captain of the guard. A leader in his own right. Promote him, my Pharaoh,” he bent his face, tracing his maw against her crown.

Would she see it too? Within Muat-riya was their militia.