Redhawk Caldera Break my bones just to heal your pain
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Before she even spoke, Finley answered all of Elwood's questions. She was pregnant -- still pregnant. There had been a miscarriage, but at least one of the puppies had survived -- and was still growing, still thriving. They were having a baby.

Elwood's heart soared. All of the grief and uncertainty from the previous night lifted from his shoulders; yes, there was still a lot for them to figure out. But it didn't matter in that moment -- they were going to be parents. The firebirds were going to have cousins. And even though it wasn't something they had planned for, he couldn't have been more thankful. This would bring them closer than ever before, he just knew it.

"You didn't lose her," he repeated as he leaned into her, resting his chin briefly against her shoulder. He didn't even think about the fact that she had referred to a single female cub; it didn't matter if there was one, or two, or ten. He just couldn't believe their luck. He then adjusted so that he could touch his face to her belly once more, this time noticing its shape -- it was certainly rounder; how had he missed that? -- as he waited to feel the kicks of their puppies again.

He gave his head a gentle shake. He was amazed. "You're staying...?" he finally whispered after a few long seconds, hoping he knew the answer but afraid that he would be wrong.
Messages In This Thread
Break my bones just to heal your pain - by Elwood - May 23, 2015, 11:46 AM
RE: Break my bones just to heal your pain - by Elwood - May 24, 2015, 07:36 PM