Redhawk Caldera Break my bones just to heal your pain
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
She withdrew from him in order to answer his question and he immediately wanted to pull her back, to press his paws against her belly and feel their child -- their child! -- dancing within. But he refrained, instead settling back on his own haunches and leveling her with his gaze. His ears swept forward as he focused his full attention on her, making it known that what she had to say was important. Whatever her decision, he would be supportive -- even if that meant that she and their baby walked out of his life.

Thankfully, that wouldn't be the case. Finley proceeded to utter perhaps the most words Elwood had ever heard her speak all at once; it was no secret that she wasn't particularly eloquent. She preferred to use fewer syllables in order to cut to the chase. But this time, although there were pauses and hesitations strewn along the way, she said exactly what he had been waiting to hear. She wanted to be with him. She wanted to have his baby. And not only that...she wanted to be his mate.

A smile tugged at the corners of Elwood's lips. Could it be that Finley Blackthorn had just said the "m-word"? It would have been easy to miss had he been distracted by the profanity scattered about like landmines, but there it was -- the elusive title that Fox and Peregrine had been hoping their friends would use once and for all.

"Fucking god damnit," he murmured, moving towards her once more. He reached down to touch her stomach with his snout, again amazed at the subtle curve and the fact that there was a baby inside. "I'll be your god damn mate," he agreed with a laugh, then planted a kiss on her belly.
Messages In This Thread
Break my bones just to heal your pain - by Elwood - May 23, 2015, 11:46 AM
RE: Break my bones just to heal your pain - by Elwood - May 24, 2015, 08:23 PM