Frostfire Ridge half a life to rewrite
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
Týrr caught Tuwawi's jeer from the corner of his eye as he routinely lifted his gaze to sweep the no man land's though for the third time since he'd done it nothing and no one appeared to be there, the edges of his lips curling into something wicked for the briefest of moments. To assume that all of his garrison, or his aunt, had stayed asleep was a lot to hope for but the Rekkr hoped for it nevertheless. There were some things that he rightfully wanted to keep private though the idea of hoping for anything close to a private life when they were always watching was silly. As it was they knew more about him than he did himself and in some ways, when Týrr allowed himself to think about that, it bothered him. He yearned to remember what Ragnar had stolen from him but he had learned not to pry. He took the head splitting headaches to be a warning — that he wasn't ready to remember the bulk of it. Perhaps he would never fully remember. It was a truth he'd come to accept though getting his garrison and aunt to accept it would be the biggest hurtle he had to take on. 

A part of Týrr felt bad for holding her up, and told himself that he would not keep her long. There was certain relief when Tuwawi heeded his warning about Xiuhcoatl. For a uneasy moment he had worried that she might think him as paranoid and brush him off. Though it did not wholly take away the edge, nor the concern for the wildfire queen he did feel a little better. “Sometimes it is,” But the burden would be downplayed. It wasn't anything he couldn't handle. “I think Xiuhcoatl is the only one that might be an issue,” Might was likely putting it mildly. “She will kill me if she thinks it will get her what she wants.” She had told him as much; though Týrr did not see why killing him would do anything. What was the point in dragging a corpse back to Quetzalcoatl? It wasn't as if he could be resurrected. If he was dead, he was dead. “Apparently it was the orders of the Queen, who also happens to be my mother, but even if what happened...if I wouldn't have lost my memory there always had to be the consideration within her that I might not come back.” At least this was the logic he would have taken.

“I don't think so,” Týrr responded, but he couldn't say the words without a little doubt. “Nochtli seems different than the others and when I asked her about Xiuhcoatl she was honest and forthcoming with me. She didn't try to deny what I had learned myself,” And that earned his trust. “And it's hard to believe that Manauia would betray me but she has never tried to hide her discontent with this place.” So that put her in the 'unknown but maybe' category. In hindsight, it was a waiting game, though he knew he had to try to stay a step ahead of Xiuhcoatl. He would not lose is pack nor his rule because she couldn't accept change, nor let him here as he had petitioned all along. At least in the Wilds he wasn't threatening traditions spanning back generations of women, and he wasn't ripping the Rise apart at it's core.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
half a life to rewrite - by Tezcacoatl - June 13, 2015, 04:10 AM
RE: half a life to rewrite - by Tuwawi RIP - June 13, 2015, 07:53 PM
RE: half a life to rewrite - by Tezcacoatl - June 13, 2015, 08:19 PM
RE: half a life to rewrite - by Tuwawi RIP - June 13, 2015, 08:51 PM
RE: half a life to rewrite - by Tezcacoatl - June 14, 2015, 04:53 AM
RE: half a life to rewrite - by Tuwawi RIP - June 14, 2015, 05:29 PM
RE: half a life to rewrite - by Tezcacoatl - June 14, 2015, 06:14 PM
RE: half a life to rewrite - by Tuwawi RIP - June 27, 2015, 03:25 PM
RE: half a life to rewrite - by Tezcacoatl - June 27, 2015, 03:55 PM