Bearclaw Valley [M] Blood, Sweat & Tears
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The man was also happy he was there. If he'd stayed with his birth pack for any longer than he had, he could have ended up missing the birth of his children. Knowing how he felt now, he knew he would have regretted that had it happened for the rest of his life. It was his first litter, both with his lover and of all time. Never had he been sure he would ever be a father, despite how much his family had insisted upon it. It was not uncommon to want a family bloodline to continue on, growing stronger and stronger with each generation, but never had he believed he'd actually settle down with someone. Exploration and journeys had called to him all his life, even when he was the size of his children currently. Never had he thought he'd find someone he loved enough to not only settle down with, but also start a family with. Now that it'd happened, though, he could imagine his life being any other way. “I'm glad I made it here, too,” he voiced, careful to keep his voice low. Not being there was almost unthinkable. He didn't want to think about what could have happened had he not been there to witness the birth of his children. Well, technically, he'd missed the birth of two of them, but that was only because they were oh-so eager to get out. He'd run fast, but it wasn't quick enough, apparently. Still, it felt nice to have witnessed at least half of the litter coming into the world. It filled him with a good feeling, but that feeling was sure to waver as the whelps grew older. He didn't know it just yet, but they were bound to go through the trouble-filled phased all kids went through.

“Do you want to rest?” Kove questioned, not wanting for her to push herself too hard. She'd just given birth, so he understood if all she wanted to do was sleep. “I can make sure no one escapes while you rest if you're too tired.” It was the least he could do, and really all he could do. The male could not feed the children or anything like that, but he could keep any wanderers of the bunch from escaping. Though, for the moment, they seemed too preoccupied by suckling to do much else. When names were brought up, he gave the albino a glance, before turning back to look at the children. He hadn't really thought of too many names, but a few still lingered around in his head. Names he'd heard his parents toss around, as well as others of his birth pack. Each one had a meaning all on it's own, but each one sounded as pleasant as the last. His eyes lingered on each individual whelp, observing them and the small actions they'd do. “I have a few in mind,” he finally said, having thought them over in his head as he'd watched their children squirming about. “Nanook, for one.” It was a name he'd always liked, and though it was often given to more males than females, he knew it could be given to either gender. “Nanook is the master of the bears—the name literally meaning 'polar bear'. I use to enjoy hearing stories about him from my grandmother. I think the name would be perfect for one of our daughters.” Once again, his gaze moved to look at Scarlett, interested in seeing her reaction to the name. It was fitting, really. Though they did not have a polar bear in their valley, or anywhere in the Wilds from what he knew, it would still be nice to have a 'bear master', so to say, around. Kove was sure Arthur would just love that.
Messages In This Thread
[M] Blood, Sweat & Tears - by Scarlett - June 18, 2015, 05:44 AM
RE: [M] Blood, Sweat & Tears - by Nanook - June 18, 2015, 06:04 AM
RE: [M] Blood, Sweat & Tears - by RIP Valette - June 18, 2015, 08:03 AM
RE: [M] Blood, Sweat & Tears - by Sesi - June 18, 2015, 10:33 AM
RE: [M] Blood, Sweat & Tears - by Xan - June 18, 2015, 11:21 AM
RE: [M] Blood, Sweat & Tears - by Kove - June 18, 2015, 11:24 AM
RE: [M] Blood, Sweat & Tears - by Scarlett - June 18, 2015, 11:50 AM
RE: [M] Blood, Sweat & Tears - by Kove - June 18, 2015, 12:24 PM
RE: [M] Blood, Sweat & Tears - by Xan - June 18, 2015, 01:12 PM
RE: [M] Blood, Sweat & Tears - by Scarlett - June 18, 2015, 01:50 PM
RE: [M] Blood, Sweat & Tears - by RIP Valette - June 18, 2015, 01:58 PM