Blackfeather Woods Shadows don't blink.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Noticing the narrowing of her gaze, he met it with a look of his own. Did she not possess a sense of humour? Though she was, clearly, a being meant to live nowhere but in the shadows her pelt was seemingly created from, so were many before her. Yet, even so, they’d been able to joke around at times. Things were not always meant to be taken so seriously, despite what others may believe. Slowly, his gaze returned to what it once was, and he gave her a look of mock surrender. Her glare held no effect on him, as the anger of women was something he’d become something of an expert in getting recently. “True, it does stay,” he agreed, his expression showing he didn’t take the topic lightly. “Blackfeather doesn’t leave, it’s always here. Things might not have worked out for me, or others for that matter, but that doesn’t mean no one can ever leave these woods.” Technically, anyone could leave, if they felt they needed to. Or, perhaps, if something drew them away, as had happened with him. The siren that love was, oh, how it’d betrayed him, but he didn’t believe the same fate would befall everyone who left.

“Don’t get me wrong,” he added then, meeting the woman’s gaze. “I love Blackfeather, and I know I belong here, but I’m not foolish enough to trample on what others think.” Having been a lone wolf for a long while before he’d first joined the dark woods, he spoke from firsthand experience. One could believe anything that want, and as strongly as they want. The second they tried to target another for not believing the same as themselves, however, is when the problems started. Issues that would, obviously, be dealt with far better by a pack wolf, than by a lone wolf. Even so, Kove wasn’t one to drag others into his messes, no matter how much heat he had coming down on him. The next thing the girl said had him starting to believe that she might be more trouble that she’s worth. “I wouldn’t judge another’s strength by the pack they’re apart of,” the male stated. “Blackfeather is strong, it’s members too, but there’s many others out there. Dark hearts exist all over.” As he spoke, he was reminded of “Aklaq”, the female he’d found and looked after for a bit. She hadn’t been apart of the woods, hadn’t been apart of anywhere, actually. The girl hadn’t even known her own name, and yet she’d showed skills that could easily be perceived as dangerous. Quite the opposite of being weak.

Kove caught the immediate change in the girl’s composure at the mention of his trade. It was as if a switch had been flipped, once again reminding him of the dark woman he’d once helped out. “Really? I’m sure you’ll acquire it sooner than you think. There’s always someone coming too close to the borders, despite the noticeable threat.” There had even been some who had outright crossed the border, racing into the pack’s land. The outcome of their foolish mistakes had always depended on the member to catch them. Some were let off easy, while others met death. His ears perked when she mentioned the Brotherhood, brows furrowing slightly. “Training?” he repeated. “Since when do wolves train to be brought into the Brotherhood?” He shook his head at that, the concept entirely new to him. Never had he needed to train, he’d simply needed to prove himself. He adjusted his features at the mention of his mark and then glanced at it, examining the faint colour. “It’s in need of a touch-up. The dye has faded so much since it was first placed upon my shoulder.” Pulling his gaze from the print, he looked back at Nemesis. “Thank you, though. If you are accepted into the Brotherhood, I’m positive yours will go well against your coat.” It was surprising, sometimes, how well the red went with the black.
Messages In This Thread
Shadows don't blink. - by Nemesis - October 05, 2015, 04:23 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Kove - October 05, 2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Nemesis - October 05, 2015, 05:12 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Kove - October 05, 2015, 05:44 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Nemesis - October 05, 2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Kove - October 06, 2015, 10:24 AM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Kove - October 07, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 05:09 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Kove - October 07, 2015, 05:55 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 06:25 PM