Blackfeather Woods Shadows don't blink.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
We can wrap this up soon, if you'd like~

Giving a flick of his ear, he waved the issue off as being no big deal, but gave a stiff nod to assure her that she was forgiven. The corners of his maw twitched a bit when he heard her chuckle, the sound not seeming to fit with what had been said. No matter, he didn’t call her out on it, not wishing to start anything with a pack mate. “Be careful with that problem of yours,” he warned, though the threat was not his own. “Out there, outside of Blackfeather, you can never know what to expect. One wrong word and you could have jaws secured around your throat sooner than you can blink.” That could be said for anywhere, however, even within the borders of the dark woods. Some just didn’t take kindly to having their own thoughts and ideas walked all over, and would be quick to lash out if such a thing ever occurred. Not everyone fit together, he’d learned that at a fairly young age, and some matters lived deeper in a wolf’s soul than others. It couldn’t be helped, but that didn’t necessarily mean a negative encounter with such a being couldn’t be avoided. It was all a matter of reading into another being, observing everything down to the faintest of micro expressions. He did not mention any of that, though, figuring it’d be best for her to find out on her own—if a situation ever called for it.

Again, his focus was drawn to the woman’s words, the concept of being trained unfathomable. “No, just going out and killing a wolf, then requesting to join the Brotherhood, wasn’t something that happened,” he started, his mind having already provided him with the words he planned to share. “When I was brought into the Brotherhood, being “trained” was not a necessary thing. We each possessed our own skills that we would work on bettering on our own, not have someone else come in and try to teach us. I was welcomed into the Brotherhood because I was able to prove myself to the Dark Queen, my loyalty to her never faltering.” Kove gave a slight shake of his head, the news of recruits being trained like dogs not sitting well with him. Then again, he was reminded of what Nemesis had said moments ago, how the woods had changed along with its inhabitants. With softer wolves having been allowed into the ranks at one point or another, it came as less of a shock to him about the part on lessons. “I guess there’s a want to have the newer members molded a certain way now,” he said, allowing an expression to show through just long enough to give her a look of encouragement. “Best of luck to you with your lessons. Hope you’re being taught well.” Perhaps, he noted, it was easier nowadays. Completing lessons and assignments was a much easier task than offering up all the loyalty one might be capable of. That, however, was something he did not say aloud, not having enough of information to voice those thoughts without providing just enough wiggling room to start an argument.

The smile that touched her lips surprised him, the expression looking odd with her features. Not to say it didn’t look nice, in its own rights, but he hadn’t expected to see such a gentle look cross her face. He gave a nod of his head, then, confronting the smile with one of his own. “You’re welcome,” the Inuit voiced, the words easily falling from his maw. He could be a polite man, after all, just as long as he was not angered. The scorching feeling of aggravation was something that had a knack for taking over when coursing through someone’s veins, and though Kove was usually a well-mannered and calm wolf, even he was not spared of that. Lucky for her, he was in a fairly good mood, still glad to be back in the dark woods.
Messages In This Thread
Shadows don't blink. - by Nemesis - October 05, 2015, 04:23 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Kove - October 05, 2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Nemesis - October 05, 2015, 05:12 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Kove - October 05, 2015, 05:44 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Nemesis - October 05, 2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Kove - October 06, 2015, 10:24 AM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Kove - October 07, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 05:09 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Kove - October 07, 2015, 05:55 PM
RE: Shadows don't blink. - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 06:25 PM