Blackfeather Woods Back then, when I stupidly took pride
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Listening to his story, she almost felt sympathetic for the kid. Almost. As far as she got, his mother had forced them to make a cruel decision, one that would damage their family with major scars. What kind of mother did that to their child, their children? Even for her standards, it was cruel. But someone needed to tell the boy to get over them, that obviously, if they were to chicken to follow their father to Blackfeather, they weren't strong enough. A trait she absolutely detested among others. It was clear that Xan was the star of his litter or whatever his family consisted of. From what she had heard from Lusa and Burke's conversation, this Scarlett woman had taken in children that weren't even hers, yet she could not take care of her own kin, throwing them into an impossible situation, The thought of his mother's abandonment angered her, making a mental note that if she ever saw this witch, she would regret the selfish choice she had made. She knew fully and could understand what a parent's betrayal felt like, and no wolf, as young as Xan was, should ever be subjected to such cruelty. 

"Well i'll tell you this much, you'll make a good killer" She smirked in truth, appreciating the fact he was perfect for Blackfeather. After the eccentric moods had passed, her somber attitude returned, wanting to spill out everything she felt to the kid. "Look, you're dad is a great dad. You're no fool, any smart wolf can see, you'll grow up to be a victorious leader, the perfect Blackfeather. Your dad brung you here, to this dark haven. Give him some credit. He made the best decision of you entire life. As for your mother, well, her loss. You keep going at those foxes the way you do and you'll find yourself better than the Warriors" She lightly smiled. But she didn't want him to get the wrong idea, there was an element of safety involved, one that he needed to understand. "But listen, you can't fight without your head on your shoulders. Next time you see your dad, tell him about this, about the fox. He'll train you to become the best, he is one of the best. And eventually, you can spar with me and all the others. Show them what you're made of" She replied, secretly hoping for the day when he could kick the kids butt, for good measure. But her feelings were in full honesty, she wanted the kid to train, to learn and eventually, become the best he could possibly be, however cheesy it sounded. 
Maybe it was the faults of her own past that wanted to personally make sure he could have the best childhood possible, or maybe it was just that for once she actually cared about something. Xan was the only exception for her feelings, she couldn't help seeing a little bit of herself in him, whatever it meant.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Messages In This Thread
Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 07, 2015, 05:08 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 05:28 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 07, 2015, 06:15 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 06:40 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 08, 2015, 12:31 AM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 09, 2015, 03:28 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 09, 2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 09, 2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 10, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 11, 2015, 08:11 AM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 12, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 13, 2015, 05:11 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 14, 2015, 05:16 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 18, 2015, 04:24 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 21, 2015, 06:10 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 22, 2015, 03:22 PM