Blackfeather Woods don't you know
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Sounds good to me. Minor pping of Cicero continuing on with the lesson at the end, PM me if you’d like it altered~

Learning his preferred method as a warrior was the same as the elder’s was a relief, since that meant he’d be able to learn something that would work for him. Defending oneself and sustaining a continuous balance was important, yes, but he much preferred offense over defense. Not to say he did appreciate his first lesson—he definitely did—but the thought of learning more was exciting. If he stayed along the course he was currently on, Xan was certain he would rise faster than ever before. He was grateful to have crossed paths with Cicero, their meeting having quickly become beneficial to the young Inuit.

Alexander paid extra close attention to what the patchwork wolf had to say, allowing a moment for the words to sink into his memory. Feinting attacks would come in handy someday, he was sure of it. While processing this new information, however, he was left unaware that an example was to be given before it was already too late. In an instant, the other was coming towards him, appearing to aim for the younger’s neck. Not yet knowing how to read a false move in order to decipher the true desired point of impact, he positioned himself in order to protect his vitals—which, of course, turned out to be a mistake. He felt a touch on his leg, then he was no longer standing. It was embarrassing, to say the least, but also something he found to be necessary. Actions spoke louder than words, and learning through doing or experiencing was bound to produce better results than things learned strictly through speaking. Alexander pulled himself back up to his feet before giving a shake of his coat, then looked back to Cicero. He positioned himself, then, in a way that signaled he was going to attempt a similar maneuver, before lurching forward.

For the rest of the time spent with the older boy, the latest lesson was the main focus. Xan continued to carry on time after time again with trying out false attacks, though it was clear he still needed plenty of practice. He’d attempted various different methods, trying to figure out which fit him best, and trying them all out on Cicero. To succeed was not an easy task at all, seeing as the other had far more experience on the subject than himself, but that did not lessen his enthusiasm. To be the best was his ultimate goal, and thus he refused to give up.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
don't you know - by Cicero - October 09, 2015, 06:44 AM
RE: don't you know - by Xan - October 09, 2015, 07:09 AM
RE: don't you know - by Cicero - October 13, 2015, 09:05 AM
RE: don't you know - by Xan - October 14, 2015, 04:24 PM
RE: don't you know - by Cicero - October 15, 2015, 07:33 AM
RE: don't you know - by Xan - October 15, 2015, 08:07 AM
RE: don't you know - by Cicero - October 16, 2015, 03:21 AM
RE: don't you know - by Xan - October 16, 2015, 10:09 AM