Moonspear You are my summer
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Wildfire had begun to respond to his rather unoriginal turn around of her question — though it was clear that he was thinking aloud. “I've found that things can change in a split second, wildly out of our control,” Tev interjected softly, voice a soft murmur when she admitted to him that she'd thought she would spend her life on the Caldera. His life had changed like that several times and while he had rebelled against it at first he'd learned to ...take it as it came. He could either ride the waves or sink below them; and as it turned out Tev would rather face and conquer the obstacles thrown his way as opposed to letting them drag him under. “but change, no matter how bad ...can also be good.” It was all in finding the silver lining. Or perhaps Tev was just extraordinarily skilled at turning those curve balls in his favor.

“Really? Just the middle? You've never thought about leading, someday? You don't even have to be Alpha. A Beta is just as important but offer a more supportive role to the Alpha.” While he didn't bank too much on what he might imagine what his future might be Tev was ambitious. A trait he inherited directly from Ragnar — and not a trait that his father liked to see in his children. It wasn't exactly a trait associated with goodness in his family, in all fairness, but Ragnar wasn't there to tell him of Björn and Vali...or his own gruesome tale of his initial rise to power in Odinn's Cove. His eyes softened as he offered her a grin when Wildfire admitted that she wanted to be a mother someday. It was not a bad ambition to have. A family.

Family was important, after all. “To who? Yourself? Or the leaders?” It was a strange thing to say, in Tev's mind. Why did one have to prove their worth to have children? “It'd be pretty shitty if anyone denied you permission to have children someday.” But those were just Tev's personal thoughts on the matter. He hadn't ever really talked to anyone about how the whole “permission to breed” worked (though to be fair he hadn't had the “birds & bees” convo, yet, either). “You make it sound like a competition,” Tev laughed, teasing her. “What's wrong with just falling in love and just having rugrats with your love?” Not that he knew what love was, either, really. Still, perhaps he was developing into a bit of a “romantic” and her choice word of “suitable” just made it ...cold sounding, even if she hadn't meant it that way. He wasn't being mean (or trying to be), his words were in good nature, enunciating that he was giving her a hard time. 

Jesting aside, his eyes rose to settle at something over her head as he thought, finding that he was a tad bit distracted when he stared at her and that there was an ever so slight creep of heat at his neck; despite that his expression was contemplative as he considered her question. “Yeah,” He spoke softly after a bit, his eyes lowering to rest upon her once more. “Yeah I'd love to have kids someday. Maybe I'd name a son after Ragnar.” Felt like the right thing ...even though he had a good while to go before he reached that point in his life. He didn't even have a girlfriend!

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
You are my summer - by Wildfire - November 23, 2015, 06:28 PM
RE: You are my summer - by Kjalarr - November 23, 2015, 07:29 PM
RE: You are my summer - by Wildfire - November 23, 2015, 07:43 PM
RE: You are my summer - by Kjalarr - November 23, 2015, 07:59 PM
RE: You are my summer - by Wildfire - November 23, 2015, 08:10 PM