Moonspear You are my summer
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
His hackles bristled along his spine when Wifi admitted that there were two bears that lived on the Moonspear, as well. That made him uneasy, if because twice in his young life he'd had a brush of death with bears. He might have ceased to give the beasts the power to make him a slave to his fear by conquering it (however stupidly), but that did not mean that he did recognize their power, or the danger they poised. “I was almost killed by two different bears twice. I decided that I wasn't going to let my fear make a slave out of me.” It was bold talk, sure, but he'd charge them again if it was what it took to keep his family safe. There was a value to life, though, and he would not be so reckless the next time. Since it had became apparent there would be a next time. He couldn't seem to get away from them: first Stavanger Bay, then Jade Fern Grove, and now Moonspear.

If this was a sign from the Gods it wasn't one that Tev found amusing.

“I can't seem to get away from bears, apparently,” Tev commented a bit sourly, before he inhaled  deeply and let it out. “Is there a plan to deal with them? Chase them out? Or kill them?” A pack might actually stand a chance at taking them down individually so long as they herded and got them separated. Although he attributed that bears would probably be smarter than your average herd animal. They weren't prey but predators, too. Fear could be debilitating if one left it fester like an unchecked wound — something Tev understood all too well. He had never necessarily feared death so he couldn't claim that, though it was likely a common fear. He wasn't afraid of heights, or bugs, or anything else practical. Sometimes he was afraid of his dreams, of what they meant and of why he could remember them for the most part. He didn't fear the unknown, or the Gods. 

“I'm afraid of losing wolves that I love,” It had happened to him twice, so far, and twice was enough for him to realize that he didn't like losing wolves he'd grown to care for. “And if I'm being honest rejection.” He added with a laugh. They were not tangible fears: not anything he could touch or see: but rather what he felt; and each was out of his control. “Family is important to me, and I want to keep them safe, even though I know there are things I cannot protect them from.” but that didn't mean he wasn't going to try. It was important to him that he feel needed, that he had purpose

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
You are my summer - by Wildfire - November 23, 2015, 06:28 PM
RE: You are my summer - by Kjalarr - November 23, 2015, 07:29 PM
RE: You are my summer - by Wildfire - November 23, 2015, 07:43 PM
RE: You are my summer - by Kjalarr - November 23, 2015, 07:59 PM
RE: You are my summer - by Wildfire - November 23, 2015, 08:10 PM