Phoenix Maplewood be the hammer to my nails
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
Ukko watches the moss absorb the little bit of blood left over from his paw, turning the dull green moss to a murky stained reddish brown color.  It is cool to his paw but it stung nonetheless.  It isn’t enough to warrant any need for herbs to reduce the pain but cuts on the paw pads tend to take longer to heal. He makes note to repeat this every once in a while until it comes back together as one.  The nail, on the other hand, he doesn’t think there’s much to save as it dangles by the quick.  Just touching it to anything sends a jolt of pain up his leg and to his brain where he’d wince.  For now, he remains still to avoid that.  

“You don’t have to thank me,” he tells her, face twisting at her words.  He keeps his nose directed the other way so she doesn’t see his confusion until he can sort it out and even out his expression.  “I should thank you.  I’d still be walking around bleeding.  Maybe get it infected.  I could have lost my whole leg!” he chuckles softly with a lopsided grin pulling at the corners of his lips.  He winks and leans forward, thinking to touch his nose to her snout encouragingly but he doesn’t make contact and leans back a little to take some pressure off the injury.  

“I think the nail needs to be pulled off, it’s just dangling.”

He holds the paw up from the moss, the second digit from the same foot is barely hanging on.  He could bite it off, or use his other foot to hold it down and rip it, but he's not ready.  He never claimed to be much of a wimp, Ukko is a big boy, but, just in case, perhaps there is something that could be applied to numb it.  If not, he’d deal and do the deed but it never hurts to ask:  “Do you know how to make a salve for numbing something?”
Messages In This Thread
be the hammer to my nails - by Ukko - November 26, 2015, 11:23 AM
RE: be the hammer to my nails - by Scarlett - November 26, 2015, 11:38 AM
RE: be the hammer to my nails - by Ukko - November 26, 2015, 11:49 AM
RE: be the hammer to my nails - by Scarlett - November 27, 2015, 05:42 AM
RE: be the hammer to my nails - by Ukko - November 28, 2015, 10:32 AM
RE: be the hammer to my nails - by Scarlett - November 29, 2015, 07:47 AM
RE: be the hammer to my nails - by Ukko - November 30, 2015, 11:08 PM
RE: be the hammer to my nails - by Scarlett - December 01, 2015, 06:53 AM
RE: be the hammer to my nails - by Ukko - December 01, 2015, 09:56 AM
RE: be the hammer to my nails - by Scarlett - December 04, 2015, 12:47 PM
RE: be the hammer to my nails - by Ukko - December 06, 2015, 10:12 AM