Blackfoot Forest And continued to run recklessly
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
No specific details concerning her previous whereabouts were revealed, resulting in the boy growing annoyed. He had wished to know exactly where she’d originated, not just a generalization of an area—even calling it that was a stretch, for summaries often gave at least a hint at what the terrain was potentially like. Her answer gave nothing, not a single clue, at where she might have come from. Again, a growl started to rise in the back of his throat, but he was quick to smother it. He was beginning to come to his senses and think more rationally, which prompted him to wonder what he might get out of frightening her. If he were to chase her away from the unclaimed land, that might give him an interesting story to share with his father or Nemesis, but nothing else really came out of it. Tiring out his body and sealing the outcome of his hunt were the only results he could see stemming from any immature behavior on his part, which served as a good reason to place a lock on his temper. If he were to keep himself calm and think from a strategic point of view, that would heighten his chances of leaving with what he’d come to collect.

Silently, and without any indication of him doing so, Alexander accepted her answer. ‘Far’ could mean a number of places, but he forced himself not to think too much into it. Luckily, his attention was able to be focused elsewhere as the woman shifted, her coarse voice filling the air. It was a question, but one he debated answering. Slowly, his mouth parted as words began to form on his tongue, making it clear that his conscious-self had no say in whether or not her query was responded to. “My father taught me to be mindful of the intentions of others,” he began, voice calm but devoid of any actual emotion. “I was told examining them would be my safest bet, that way I can’t be taken off-guard.” Kove had also mentioned something about being discreet, but the boy was too blunt to even consider hiding his wandering gaze. Besides, it wasn’t as if he’d see the stranger again after that day, so making a good impression wasn’t at the top of his list of priorities.

“You seem decent enough, probably incapable of actually fighting,” the Inuit proclaimed, a slight shrug of his shoulders accompanying his words. “Not a threat, but possibly useful.” Xan gave her a hard look then, his expression revealing his plan before he’d even the chance to say it aloud. Still, that didn’t stop him from speaking. “Prove your worth by helping me hunt down a few foxes. If you do well, I’ll reward you with half of what we kill.” He was confident in his assumption of what her answer would be, having already figured out that she was a loner. The scent that surrounded her was distinctly her own, possessing not even a hint of a pack’s aroma to it. Knowing that, he doubted she would pass up the opportunity to acquire a meal, especially with winter already upon them.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
And continued to run recklessly - by Xan - December 08, 2015, 07:36 PM
RE: And continued to run recklessly - by Jazz - December 12, 2015, 02:17 AM
RE: And continued to run recklessly - by Xan - December 13, 2015, 06:53 AM
RE: And continued to run recklessly - by Jazz - December 14, 2015, 12:10 AM
RE: And continued to run recklessly - by Xan - December 20, 2015, 05:23 PM
RE: And continued to run recklessly - by Jazz - December 21, 2015, 10:24 PM
RE: And continued to run recklessly - by Xan - December 27, 2015, 03:48 AM
RE: And continued to run recklessly - by Jazz - December 30, 2015, 03:26 AM