Blackfeather Woods My owner and my prey
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Xan secretly wants to talk but doesn't know how, hehe~

The way she'd spoken had not been meant to come off as it had, but even so he had a hard time accepting her following words. How he saw it, it didn't matter how well known a parent was by their child, just that if they were great the child accepted that fact after the parent's death. "Just don't do it again." His tone was a mix between a demand and a request, able to lean either way depending on the listening. When she spoke of wanting to be like her mom, however, he gave an amused huffed. "You'll never be like her. Even if you become a naturalist or whatever, she's someone no one can mimic." As far as he was concerned, anyways. Even if the girl was her child, that meant nothing in terms of what she could accomplish. He'd met the fallen queen's first litter and none of them were anything like Meldresi, so what would make the dark girl special? Nothing, he was sure—for the time being, anyways.

Sweet or not, the words had struck a nerve with him. It was once again that Xan had stopped himself from moving any further, only this time he also turned and lowered his head closer to the girl's, wishing to acquire a better view of her face. "Why would I be jealous of you?" It was rhetorical, but also somewhat genuine; as if he was seriously asking her why she would think that way. "I'm not jealous of anyone, I don't get jealous. I wouldn't have minded having Meldresi as a mom, but she wasn't that type of figure to me." She'd been the priestess, the queen, but never his mother. Had he arrived at a younger age, perhaps he might have imprinted on her in the sense that she would be viewed as his maternal figure in life, but that hadn't been the case at all. The boy held a deep respect for her, something that he would swear he'd been born with and would last within him no matter how many years came between him and her death. None of that was explained, though, as he'd gone back to his walking.

Alexander threw her a sidelong glance, contemplating her offer for a second or two before dismissing it entirely. He could find where he wanted to go by himself, he'd been given enough of clues. One of which, however, continued to unsettle him. "Yes, I'm looking for something. I'm not interested in seeing anything else until I find what I set out to see." The glow worms. Why he wanted to see them so badly wasn't quite known, even by him, but even so he practically felt like he needed to see them. He needed to confirm his father's tale, to see the glowing things. But to get there... "Can you swim?" Xan wasn't the greatest of swimmers. His lesson had been quick, but he knew enough to stay afloat. He didn't know if that would be enough for what he knew he had to do, but certainly hoped it would be.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
My owner and my prey - by Xan - January 30, 2016, 02:12 AM
RE: My owner and my prey - by Kendra - January 30, 2016, 08:17 AM
RE: My owner and my prey - by Xan - January 30, 2016, 09:25 AM
RE: My owner and my prey - by Kendra - January 30, 2016, 11:45 AM
RE: My owner and my prey - by Xan - January 31, 2016, 05:44 PM
RE: My owner and my prey - by Kendra - February 01, 2016, 05:00 AM
RE: My owner and my prey - by Xan - February 01, 2016, 09:01 AM
RE: My owner and my prey - by Kendra - February 02, 2016, 08:06 AM