Phoenix Maplewood If I sit still, maybe I'll get out of here
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Saena's words were like knives, each cutting deeper than the last.  To know he had broken his mate's heart - to have betrayed her trust - rocked Reek to the very core, more-so than the act itself had. Seeing (Or... well, hearing) the affect of his infidelty play out on the wolf he loved triggered an emotioal break inside the alpha male. A heavy, sinking feeling settled in Reek's gut. What hurt him most of all, he felt, was the fact that she was right. He didn't deserve her; he didn't deserve the family who's foundation he had recently shaken.  

Amid the chaos of emotion whirling in Reek's gut, there was a brief flash of joy. His children had moved. Reek's own flesh and blood within Saena was moving, thriving— alive. This joy was immediatly lost, however, when Saena reminded him of the implications of his actions. "I don'no," he whimpered behind swollen lips. Even after the fact, Reek didn't stop to consider the consequences of taking Tavi for himself. If she fell pregnant with his own child, Reek truly didn't know what to do.

He could promise one thing, however. "Our pupths will be my thole priority." His bastards, unfortunately, would be reduced to the same second class status that Reek himself was subjected to growing up. It was an ugly truth; one Reek wished he wouldn't have to perpetuate.

"You're right— I don' detherve to be a father." He let loose a whine, voice flush with shame and regret. "But our pupths are already my entire world— and I thwear, you are too." Of course, to anyone else, his actions would have suggested otherwise. However, his infideltiy was unlike that of which he commited with Wynter, which had been born of anger and spite. There was no clear shatterpoint in Reek and Saena's relationship, but there was a perfect storm leading up to the events that transpired. First, Reek's blossoming friendship with Tavi. Second: his own insecurity about the state of his mateship. The third and final nail in the coffin: the biological call to breed spurred by Tavi's heat. "It wath the biggest mithtake of my life, Thaena."

All he could do was hope for forgiveness, which he was sure would never come.
Messages In This Thread
If I sit still, maybe I'll get out of here - by Reek - March 08, 2016, 09:17 AM
RE: If I sit still, maybe I'll get out of here - by Reek - March 12, 2016, 11:59 AM